1. Did you receive tandem care from an ob?
I did from about 20 weeks until the end. I really mainly did because I was temporarily planning a hospital birth after I found out it was twins and just kept seeing the ob.
2. If so, did the ob know you were planning a hb?
He did know but told me not to talk to him about it and he did not want to have any knowledge of it and never wrote anything about it in my chart.
3. Did you have ultrasounds to determine growth and position? (My current ob is telling me I will have to have monthly u/s from now until I deliver.)
I did have u/s's but wish that I had not. I really felt like it was too much but they scared me into keeping doing them
4. How many midwives were present at your birth?
We planned on having 2 but one of the midwives had a friend in town that was also a m/w so she came also
5. How likely is it that I will have bleeding problems after delivery if I've never had bleeding issues before? From what I've read, this is one of the biggest risks in twin hb.
From everyone I have talked to it is very, very common. I had no problems at all with my 1st ds (also a hb) and I hemoraged 6 hours after having the boys.
I wish you luck on your journey
I will pm you my birth story, I have never gotten around to posting it.