Give it to me straight ladies - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 37 Old 08-21-2006, 02:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I made it to 37 weeks & 4 days (they were 6lb14oz & 7lb13oz but I wish I could have held on a bit longer) and yeah, it pretty much sucked, but I didn't have all those extreme symptoms you mentioned. What I dealt with was real nasty SPD that affected me primarily at night (when I'd try to roll from one side to the other or get up and out of bed to use the bathroom for the umpteenth time), hip pain from lying on my side at night (just too much weight was put on my hips, but a memory foam mattress did help a bit), contractions when I'd walk just about any distance (like from my car into the mall). My skin didn't hurt but it definitely felt stretched, I didn't have any BP issues, no swelling to speak of, my back was actually okay (just the SPD was bothering me). Really, my major complaint was my sheer size and how that affected me going out in public. No clothes covered my belly (this was in the winter time) and I just got tired of people gawking all the time and hearing the comments they'd make when I'd walk by. I actually felt a bit embarrassed which is funny b/c I absolutely LOVE being pregnant and loved my big pg belly. Guess I just didn't like what felt like negative attention. Anyway, keep doing what you're doing - stay positive and do what I couldn't - keep them in longer! Good luck mama! It's going to be fun!

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 37 Old 08-21-2006, 01:06 PM

Big hugs))) hang in there you can make it. I had pre-term labor at 31 weeks and kept in the hospital for a week..That week was the most uncomfortable ever..I actually cried to the Dr. I wanted to go home! I remember being uncomfortable and my inner thighs achy as hell. I made it until 38 weeks, I had to get induced for high blood pressure, Dr. broke my water and already 5 cm. they were born in an hour (4 mins apart), it was the easiest birth I ever had! But they did end up in the NICU for 10 days, (they vomitted and had apnea) long story short we signed them out against Dr.s orders and they thrived at home. (they had acid reflux) ...The NICU sucked.
#33 of 37 Old 08-22-2006, 01:29 PM

I didn't start feeling bad until 32-33 weeks. That's when it became a one day at a time thing for me. I'd wake up every morning, thrilled that I was still pg. But it wasn't long before something just wore me down. I alternated between being happy that they were still baking and just terrified at the thought of another 4-6 weeks of being pg.

It was hard, but I was never begging for a c-section or induction. In fact, when I had my girls at 34 weeks I did everything I could think of to convince the doctor that I wasn't that sick and that we could wait a bit longer.
#34 of 37 Old 08-24-2006, 01:14 AM

just think of it this way...........you could eleviate the pregnancy pain and have a c-section or induction that could lead to a c-section, but then you would have a premature newborn who is possibly sick and you would have horrible pain from the surgery. (not to mentioned a weakend uterus and a body that will never be the same)

YOU can do it!!! Grass isnt always greener on the other side.

Angela: Catholic Homeschooling Mom to Sierra(11/00), twins Addison & Kendall(3/03), Jack(4/06), Brielle (7/08), Levi (2/2011); due with#7 (9/13). Birthed every witch way.....hospital. C section. VbAC. Unassisted water birth (hypno/painless). Assisted waterbirth to an almost 10lber! (Not painless!)
#35 of 37 Old 08-27-2006, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Anyone that is "itching" -- or has severe "swelling" -- please have your liver enzymes and BP monitored. Those are 2 so-called normal pregnancy side effects that can in some instances big indicators of major problems.
:

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#36 of 37 Old 08-27-2006, 12:03 PM

I went to 40w 3d and it was pretty miserable but well worth it to have big, healthy babies. I had my bp checked at least 2x a week since it was starting to go up some and the last few days of my pregnancy I started to feel that they would be healthier outside because I was starting to get sick again and was just so drained (I think my hemoglobin was pretty low at this point) so I took castor oil and had them super fast. Hanging in there as long as you can is best as long as there are no problems, I am sure you are probably being monitored for those kinds of things though. Be very careful about inducing early because you are uncomfortable, if they are not ready to come out you may end up stuck in nicu for a while. Someone in my area just had twins at 36 weeks and they had to stay in nicu for a while and there was someone due around me that had her twins at 35 weeks and they were in nicu for a couple weeks. If there is a true medical issue it is one thing, but just inducing/getting a c-section because you are uncomfortable is not necisarily in the best interest of the baby. Again, I was horible uncomfortable, it was excrutiating to roll over in bed, I had to get up and pee a bunch and that was so painful to get up and I had a 2 year old climbing all over me all day. It was very hard, but every day I just kept thinking that is one more day for my babies to get bigger & healthier and 1 day closer to being full term babies. Good Luck & take good care of yourself these last weeks
#37 of 37 Old 08-27-2006, 10:27 PM

I feel for you! I carried my twins to 40 weeks, 1 day and YES, I was miserable. My biggest complaint was my severe pubic symphysis pain. It was excrutiating and more painful than my natural childbirth. I could not do much to aleviate pain but I faithfully did my pelvic rocks and also bounced on my birthing ball alot. Also sitting and rocking on my ottoman glider helped. Just keep drinking at least a gallon of water, do your pelvic rocks, try to walk some and rest as much as possible. I cried everytime I had to get up to pee at night or roll over but I just kept reminding myself how important it was for the babies to stay in as long as possible. hang in there!

Blessed mama of four
::

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page