maybe having twins-? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-28-2003, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My midwife heard two heartbeats yesterday at 13 wks. I had this really strong feeling that I was pregnant with twins. Before I had conceived I had prayed for twins, (why, I wonder?) I told her and she laughed and said be careful what you pray for.

Anyway, before she started to listen for a heartbeat w/the doppler I was telling her that my mom has been saying to me, I wonder if it's twins? And she said, Suzy that's just what I'm thinking. I measure 20 weeks already and have gained 16 lbs. I've always measured a few weeks ahead of what I am, but 7 wks? Then she heard a heartbeat way down low and another up high on the other side. She couldn't tell me for sure right then so we'll have to wait. I can't get in for an ultrasound until April 7th. But, I have this gut feeling there's two. We practice NFP so I'm absolutely certain on my conception date.

Anyone else have this experience?

Right now I'm very anxious. I've been feeling fine (but tired). I have a history of big babies, gestational diabetes and I don't like intervention. :-)

I'm 41 and have 6 kids--3 boys 15,14,13 and 3 girls 9,6,2 (all July bdays). We homeschool (unschool mostly), AP, family bed, the works.

Thanks for listening.

Suzy, mom of eight, great kids! : four boys 23,22,21,8 & four girls 18,15,11,5

#2 of 7 Old 03-28-2003, 01:13 PM

Nope, no experience with twins!
But i am happy and excited for you! way to go mama!!!!
#3 of 7 Old 03-28-2003, 04:32 PM

That's sort of how I started out--always measured ahead of schedule. Didn't get the sono though until probably about 14 weeks or so. Take care of yourself, eat well & RELAX!!
#4 of 7 Old 03-28-2003, 07:28 PM

Congratulations Suzy!

I kinda always wanted twins also. In fact, I wouldn't mind having another set of twins.

Have a great pregnancy and get lots of rest.
#5 of 7 Old 03-30-2003, 01:09 AM

Cool!A nd congrats!
#6 of 7 Old 04-04-2003, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I had an ultrasound on Tuesday (moved up from 4/7) and there's only one baby. I have to admit I'm alittle disappointed and relieved at the same time. Good luck to all of you!

Suzy, mom of eight, great kids! : four boys 23,22,21,8 & four girls 18,15,11,5

#7 of 7 Old 04-04-2003, 04:48 PM

Thanks for the update, Suzy. I am so sorry that you are disappointed. I have a good friend who got pregnant shortly after I did with my girls. Her OB thought she measured bigger then she should have been and mentioned twins. He sent her for an ultrasound and they found one baby. She too was disappointed and releived at the same time. I can see how the feelings can be mixed.

Still....CONGRATULATIONS on your new little one to be!! I wish you a happy, healthy 9-months and beyond!!!!

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page