Decision to have another baby? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 11-08-2006, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemelos View Post
We have a 3 year old and 10 month old twins and we'd like more kids one day. Probably start TTC when the twins are 3, which means I would around 30. I would like a singleton boy next, then after him another set of boy/girl twins. I have it all planned out.
Sounds like a really nice plan. I guess what holds me back as well is I'll be 37 soon (the clock is ticking ....do I or don't I have another.
#32 of 47 Old 11-09-2006, 02:05 AM

as everyone said - don 't worry what others say.

I have 5 wonderful children - it is crazy, loud, exhilarating and completely wonderful. I have 4 girls and the baby is a boy. Wasn't trying for a boy - but I sure love it. (We have 3 teen/preteen girls - I joke.... hormones to diapers.)

I especially love dinner time when we are all together well all talk. At a restaurant we were so loud laughing the other day that other customer commented. (actually said it was great to hear a family laughing)

One thing that I have noticed - when I spend time with friends who also have large families - there is an understanding of the chaos and noise, amount of food eaten etc. Sometimes parents who have 1 or 2 children have a tough time with this. )Not all - but some. I just think it is something to be aware of. I feel like when we visit - it can be overwhelming for some people who are really not used to large families.

I am 37 - so my oldest were born when I was 24, my youngest when I was 35. I can honestly say that being older, I actually enjoy it more. I am more settled in who I am and what I want.

On the negative side, I can get really really tired of the bickering. I think that with 5 kiddos - some days can be battlefields. Luckily that is not everyday and we are working on strategies for the days that it just seems that no one can get along.
#33 of 47 Old 11-09-2006, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post

I am 37 - so my oldest were born when I was 24, my youngest when I was 35. I can honestly say that being older, I actually enjoy it more. I am more settled in who I am and what I want.

On the negative side, I can get really really tired of the bickering. I think that with 5 kiddos - some days can be battlefields. Luckily that is not everyday and we are working on strategies for the days that it just seems that no one can get along.
Sounds like you have a beautiful family! I get some days of bickering with my two older girls. I met a mom once expecting her 8th and I have to say she looked like she was expecting her first, just a beautiful woman. And I said wow is it really hard, she said the first 4 were tough, then after that the older ones help me out with the little ones. I told this story to a neighbor and the relply was well that's not fair the older children are not the parents! I just never looked at it that way, but I was an older child who helped out and I think it made me a better person.

It did make me think though that I should ask my children and see how they feel about another sibling.
#34 of 47 Old 11-18-2006, 03:20 PM

i am the youngest of 5 kids, along with my twin sister. i loved being in a 5 kid family. my twin sister thinks that parents should only have as many children as there are adults. my brother is about to have his 5th child. i wouldn't mind 5 but dh wouldn't agree. i say all for it if you are both on board. life with so many kids is enjoyable i can't imagine life withourt my siblings.

courtney

ps i would desperatly love to have twins.(girls)

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#35 of 47 Old 11-20-2006, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelysmommy View Post

ps i would desperatly love to have twins.(girls)
I have a friend that is ID twin and her mom was a twin and she had twins b/g.
#36 of 47 Old 11-20-2006, 12:25 PM

Hey TripMom, I am so looking forward to this single baby! I want to know what it's like to be able to get out of the house in 10 minutes with a baby, to only have to nurse one, only change one diaper at a time, and never have to worry about two crying babies at the same time. Don't get me wrong, my frat. girls were awesome babies, but sometimes it's just plain hard! Now that they are 4.5 and in half day kindergarten, I look forward to being about to really "baby" this baby! As for wanting other kids after Bebe Sophia, DH isn't too keen on the idea, but isn't against me NOT getting snipped. He won't get snipped either, so, I guess we'll see what happens!

DH Cain Mamma to 3 girls LO due 2/15
#37 of 47 Old 12-14-2006, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Update....We TTC this month!
#38 of 47 Old 12-14-2006, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4daughters View Post
Update....We TTC this month!

Good luck!! How old are your twins now? My twins were 17 months when Rivka was born. It was great . Crazy as it seems, I really love the spacing. We are going to TTC again in a couple of months also. I'd like to get off a bit of weight first.

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#39 of 47 Old 12-14-2006, 10:29 PM

We are thinking about having one more when the twins are about 4 and the other two are 5, and 8. I would love another little boy to even out the genders but another set of twins : would be really crazy around here.

Sarah
#40 of 47 Old 12-15-2006, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelEve14 View Post
Good luck!! How old are your twins now? My twins were 17 months when Rivka was born. It was great . Crazy as it seems, I really love the spacing. We are going to TTC again in a couple of months also. I'd like to get off a bit of weight first.
Turning 3 tomorrow.
#41 of 47 Old 12-16-2006, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Turning 3 tomorrow.

:

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#42 of 47 Old 12-19-2006, 09:22 PM

I have two sets of fraternal twins - my first set are boys who are now 13 1/2 yrs. old and boy/girl twins who are 7 1/2 years old. There is NO family history of twins (until now) and we were told that our daughter will have a high risk of having twins herself someday!

We NEVER even gave it a thought that we'd have twins the second time around - so it was even a bigger surprise for us I think - although I did start bawling on the U/S table - just because our boys were very high maintenance and were not good sleepers - however our second set were DREAM babies and sleepers and it was a piece of cake the second time around.

I never had the single kid so having twins is all I know! I laugh and just shake my head when I hear first time parents of singletons who think they have it so hard...HA!
#43 of 47 Old 12-20-2006, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Well tested positive this morning!
#44 of 47 Old 12-20-2006, 12:09 PM

Right on! Congratulations!!

SAHM married to with twin boys  and a girl .  

#45 of 47 Old 12-20-2006, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinMomWendy View Post
Hey TripMom, I am so looking forward to this single baby! I want to know what it's like to be able to get out of the house in 10 minutes with a baby, to only have to nurse one, only change one diaper at a time, and never have to worry about two crying babies at the same time. Don't get me wrong, my frat. girls were awesome babies, but sometimes it's just plain hard! Now that they are 4.5 and in half day kindergarten, I look forward to being about to really "baby" this baby! As for wanting other kids after Bebe Sophia, DH isn't too keen on the idea, but isn't against me NOT getting snipped. He won't get snipped either, so, I guess we'll see what happens!

Have you had the baby yet TwinMomWendy?

TripMom . . . . . loving mom : to DS (7) and BBG (4.5)
#46 of 47 Old 12-21-2006, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Congratulations!!
#47 of 47 Old 12-22-2006, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Big congrats.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page