Support For C/S Recovery - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-03-2006, 03:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I felt exactly like you Mamajody, when they told me I needed a section I was so depressed. I did go into labor, but when I got there baby A was breech and B was transverse. All that mattered was baby A, but with the breech there were no other options I was told.

Anyway, it was rough for the first 2 days for sure. That's why it's good to be in the hospital where there are nurses to help you get up and such. By day 3 I could walk and such. Picking up the babies was a problem at first, I could get them myself out of the isolette. So you really need someone at the hospital with you. With twins, just keeping them in your bed isn't as easy of an option as I did with my last singleton birth which was an emergency section following a VBAC attempt. By one week I was driving and slinging etc. I probably shouldn't have been driving, but I did. The drugs didnt' put me in a haze at all. I'd say that after a week I only took the percocets at night to make sure I'd sleep. At first I did use them though. All in all, it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be.

I did birth my oldest vaginally so I can compare. That was definitely easier, no doubt. I didn't notice the bleeding being a whole lot different. It was a lot heavier with the twins though due to two placental sites healing. With my last one I got an infection and the bleeding continued forever. Hopefully a planned section will help to avoid that issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List