Kind of fun - we did the DNA test - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 37 Old 10-04-2006, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningonveggieoil View Post
Wow! Must be year of the di-di girls! We are expecting ours in 8 weeks. I was told by the peri's u/s tech that our girls were definately frat because of the separate everything and when I mentioned this to my doc (who has twins herself) said, "Everyone that doesn't have twins knows something about twins, and it is usually wrong." I am finding that this is very true.

Our ultrasound tech siad the same thing (tat Di Di were always fraternal) The other thing people INSIST on is that only identical twins runs in families. and when you tell them it's jsut the opposite - that it tends to be fraternals that run along maternal lines they still disbelieve you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 37 Old 10-04-2006, 05:11 PM

Don't you know people on the street know all. Mine are identical and people will ask me are they Id or fra. I say ID and they say NO they can't be they look nothing alike! Then other people will come up to me and say OMG how do you tell them apart they are really identical! Then I Do twins run in your family?? Or did you get IV. I swear I'm going to wear a sign on my chest saying YES they are Twins. I know people are in Awe, but sometimes I think I get a little rude toward people with dumb questions.
#33 of 37 Old 10-04-2006, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

I think I am going to make onesies for my girls that just say "Yes, we are."

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.
#34 of 37 Old 10-05-2006, 02:01 PM

Here's something to think about.

TWIN MYTH: Twins are exactly alike in every way.

TWIN FACT: No Twins are exactly alike. Identical twins look similar, but there are differences -- they may have subtle differences in the shape of their faces, heights, weights, etc. Fraternal twins can also look similar, but they may be different sexes and may look as similar as other siblings born on different days.
#35 of 37 Old 10-05-2006, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4daughters View Post
I swear I'm going to wear a sign on my chest saying YES they are Twins.
I have a t-shirt that says on the front "Before you even ask...." and on the back a long list of answers to the typical twin questions and comments. Things like "Yes, they are twins" "Yes, our hands are full"...that kind of stuff. It's cute.

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)
#36 of 37 Old 10-06-2006, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Plus2 View Post
I have a t-shirt that says on the front "Before you even ask...." and on the back a long list of answers to the typical twin questions and comments. Things like "Yes, they are twins" "Yes, our hands are full"...that kind of stuff. It's cute.
Cool were'd you get it.
#37 of 37 Old 10-07-2006, 12:15 AM

Let me look around for it. I know I got it online. I'll post a link when I find the site.

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page