Boy/girl twins - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 10-03-2006, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How many boy/girl twins do we have here? I have 9 month old b/g twins. They look nothing alike and he is much bigger than her. I was convinced I was having identical boys so it was sure a surprise when my girl came out. I even had matching boy outfits laid out for them. But I LOVE having my baby girl. :

Blessed mama of four
::
#2 of 29 Old 10-03-2006, 04:44 PM

nak-i do! Mine also look nothing alike and Jude was nearly 2 lb bigger than Ava at birth-he is now almost 3 lb bigger at almost 4 mo old.

mama to Joshua (9), Lily (8), Jude (6) and Ava (6)

#3 of 29 Old 10-03-2006, 09:43 PM

I am convinced that I am having boy/girl twins... so I will probably get your identical boys haha!

tonight at supper DH said 'when your little brother and sister get here' to DS so it sounds like I have him convinced too..

(yes I am on 4 forums at once haha)
#4 of 29 Old 10-03-2006, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

Well Sarah wanted boy/girl and I wanted identical boys so I guess we switched. I hope you have boy/girl twins-I think I am the only one so far on NPT with them.

Blessed mama of four
::
#5 of 29 Old 10-04-2006, 02:13 AM

My 4 year olds are boy/girl We chose to find out at the 20 week u/s, although even then you never know. I did find coordinating stuff for them, and still tend to dress them in similar colors, especially if we go out. It makes finding them at the playground that much easier

Christine, mama to Daniel & Abby, 9 and Patrick, 4. Wife to a rockin' train engineer. Gluten and nightshade-free. Multiple kiddie food sensitivities.

#6 of 29 Old 10-04-2006, 03:44 AM

Mine are 13 months. They are such a trip. DH used to ask me if he thought we got jipped on the whole twin thing b/c our are so different and not at all "twinney". But I think hes completely wrong. These two are so close, and they really stick together like glue. Whenever I can't find them in the house they are together getting in to something. Their favorite place is to climb in the shower and dump all the shampoo. They have their own language too, I swear they talk to each other without making a sound. I just love watching them.
#7 of 29 Old 10-04-2006, 08:33 AM

I am expecting boy/girl twins any day now! (I am dialated to a 3 and am just waiting for those contractions to start...37 weeks along.) I love hearing about the similarities and the differences you all have mentioned. I am so excited to meet our sweet ones.

Mama to Ainsley (7/01) , Finley (10/06) and Jade (10/06)

#8 of 29 Old 10-04-2006, 10:00 AM

I have b/g twins who just turned 1 yesterday. They are as different as different can be, although others tell me they look alike. I think they look very different, and they have totally different personalities. Grace weighs over a pound more than Jake even though she was smaller at birth.
#9 of 29 Old 10-04-2006, 01:09 PM

: :

GL sleepy peanut!! I can't wait to hear about your new babies!!

Is it just me, or are we having a LOT of new babies around here??
#10 of 29 Old 10-04-2006, 04:18 PM

My boy girl twins are 13 months old! They do not look alike at all - he's blond/blue-eyed with straight hair; she's brown/brown-eyed curly hair, BUT they always weigh exactly the same! and htey were a pound different at birth. They have a special way of looking at each other - you can see them connecting. They definitely love to get into trouble together - climbing the stairs when they are not supposed to and emptying out the pantry.

Rivka, mommy to 3 big boys and a set of b/g twins
#11 of 29 Old 10-04-2006, 04:42 PM

tikva- when were your babies born? Mine were born on 8/19 and about the same gestation time. My dd was 9/18. My twins look nothing alike either. When I was pg I thought Livie would look just like the other girls b/c I get asked all the time if my older two are twins, they look so much alike. I was totally wrong, she looks nothing like her sisters. My big girls have dark hair, eyes and olive skin, the twins have lighter coloring. Livie has blonde hair and blue eyes. Ethan looks more like my dd #1 in features, but he las lighter hair.

All my kids look different, lol. Its amazing to me that they all came from the same parents.
#12 of 29 Old 10-04-2006, 05:06 PM

I have almost 3 yo b/g twins . . . I sort of "knew" while I was pregnant even though we didn't find out from the us (but the one I thought was a girl was actually the boy, and vice versa!) They weighed exactly the same at birth, but he's gained a pound or two on her now, and is about two inches taller.

They're temperments are from the opposite ends of the earth. She looks like my dh's family, and he looks like mine.
#13 of 29 Old 10-05-2006, 01:42 PM

I have 16mo. b/g twins and they are both similar and like day and night... Lakyn is the heavier but shorter twin and has ALWAYS had WAY more attitude than her "little" brother Matt... she is the quicker more advanced twin, my spitfire. Matt is thinner, taller and so sweet and mellow... he was always sober and watchful as a teeny baby and now each smile is just so sweet!
But they are alike in several ways too--- they worship their big bro and play together well (unless Lakyn steals Matt's toy) and both look a bit more like me than my DH ...

We found out we were having twins at just 6+ weeks and at 20 weeks (and many u/s's after) we were told 90% sure b/b twins were on the way! We had a shower with boys in mind, names picked, matching outfits.... And instead of Matt & Ben arriving we got Matt & Lakyn! We were utterly thrilled at b/g - last pregnancy for us and we loved the idea of 2boys one girl family! perfect!

OK sorry that was a novel - I am obviously excited about them still ... I have to say I am a little unusual in that I love to "show them off" a bit... I work on clever replys to hearing "wow you must have your hands full..."
They are all just so FUN!

& best of luck to all you pregnant mommas!
#14 of 29 Old 10-05-2006, 05:28 PM

My b/g twins will be 2 at the end of this month...I can't believe it! Mine actually look very much alike and are very similar in size. They are always together getting into something, lol. The other day when I dropped them off at daycare they stood there and unzipped each other's jackets all the while jabbering away in their language. So cute!
#15 of 29 Old 10-05-2006, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nora--not a llama View Post
My b/g twins will be 2 at the end of this month...I can't believe it! Mine actually look very much alike and are very similar in size. They are always together getting into something, lol. The other day when I dropped them off at daycare they stood there and unzipped each other's jackets all the while jabbering away in their language. So cute!
I often wonder about that. When did they start their "special talk"?
#16 of 29 Old 10-05-2006, 11:31 PM

Oh and as for the op - my 3 month old b/g twins are very different. She has tons of thick wavy black hair - the hair he has (not much!!) is a light brown and is very straight. He is long (I think he is going to be super tall like my dad 6'4" - though dh is almost 6' as well - I am 5'5") with a wide face and long thick, but firm (like not "soft baby fat - if that makes sense) limbs. She is not as long and is very rolly polly and jiggly. She is the spitting image of her daddy and he is a blend. They are so different that DH sometimes jokes that the dish might not have been clean (we had IVF). Anywho - VERy different.
#17 of 29 Old 10-06-2006, 10:22 AM

My b/g twins are 2 and they are totally different. DD is only 21lbs and can't get her out of ther 12mo clothing yet. DS is 35lbs and wears 3T clothing. My poor girl never gets 'girlie' clothes since she gets all the hand-me-downs from her brother!

Attitude-wise DD is just like her father...assertive to the point of agressive, and really bossy BUT she is a big help with the chores. DS on the other hand is a quiet cuddle-bug (and you know what they say about the quiet ones ), who is perfectly content to lay around on the floor and look at books or knock everything off the shelves because he can.

Waldorf mama to 5yo b/g twins
#18 of 29 Old 10-06-2006, 03:40 PM

I do I do!!! my set are 2.5, they are so super twins its amazing. When they were little my son had to go in their bed first, then my daughter. If it got switched she would be hysterical for hours. If one leaves a room, they turn around and notice the other not there they run back and say "come on my sister/brother". THey had their own language going on around a year (they would babble then the other would die laughing, possibly the cutest thing i have ever seen).
#19 of 29 Old 10-06-2006, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangamom View Post
tikva- when were your babies born?
Sept. 1st... we had a disagreement about how far along i really was. They kept changing my due date. Officially the due date ended up being Oct. 1

Rivka, mommy to 3 big boys and a set of b/g twins
#20 of 29 Old 10-06-2006, 09:00 PM

My g/b twins are 8mo- they are totally different. nak
#21 of 29 Old 10-08-2006, 01:48 AM

Mine b/g twins are almost 6 months. Completely different people who happened to share the same very small apartment for 9 months.

http://mikeandthewulf.blogspot.com/
#22 of 29 Old 10-08-2006, 09:03 PM

My b/g twins are almost 10 months. They definitely have similar features, but different personalities (though they both aren't great sleepers of course!)
#23 of 29 Old 10-08-2006, 09:23 PM

I have b/g twins who turned 3 in August

There is a strong family resemblance but they look very different. And they have totally opposite personalities/temperments. My boy is autistic and non-verbal so my girl is actually more involved with her big brother.
#24 of 29 Old 10-11-2006, 01:54 PM

my b/g twins are 4 months now and very "twin-ish." they talk to each other already, always sleep better together (usually in the same position), very often poop at the same time and (my favorite) they hold hands while they tandem nurse. he's about two pounds heavier thay her but they are about the same length so she's just more slender. they look a great deal alike in the face, but my little girl actually looks so much like her older sis did at that age. he is going to have blond hair though and hers is dark dark brown.

i knew they were b/g twins early too before an ultrasound-- i had recurring dreams. scary enough- i'm having them again about a second set of b/g twins even though DH and i have agreed that we're done and he's already been snipped.

Crunchy Mama to the Triad of Chaos-- DD1 (9/03) & the Twinadoes- DS and DD2 (6/06)
#25 of 29 Old 10-12-2006, 03:40 AM

I have boy/girl twins. They will be 1 on the 20th. :cry: time goes so fast. I have a few matching outfits for them but most of their clothes were given to us so I only have what another twin mom has sent me. I love having them and i hope that I get to have more twins!!
#26 of 29 Old 10-13-2006, 12:35 AM

I have 3 month old b/g twins. They look alike- both blonde/blue eyes/fair, but my son is 2 lbs heavier than her. He also looks more solid, she looks more dainty. Everyone says you can tell who is a boy and who is a girl, no matter how they are dressed. their personalities are very different- my son is quieter and everyone knows my girls going to be the boss!
#27 of 29 Old 10-13-2006, 12:47 AM

Mine are 4 1/2. They're very different but they are also very attached to one another.
#28 of 29 Old 10-13-2006, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iammymother View Post
I have 3 month old b/g twins. They look alike- both blonde/blue eyes/fair, but my son is 2 lbs heavier than her. He also looks more solid, she looks more dainty. Everyone says you can tell who is a boy and who is a girl, no matter how they are dressed. their personalities are very different- my son is quieter and everyone knows my girls going to be the boss!

I heard the same things about being able to tell the difference and my daughter has made it know that she is the boss too. My son is totally laid back.
#29 of 29 Old 10-14-2006, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristy_michigan View Post
Hi. New here. I have 18 month b/g twins. I am so glad to have found this site--wish I had found it when they were even smaller. Haven't come across this many moms of b/g twins chatting in one spot before. Because I have a website where parents of b/g twins can sell clothes their twins outgrow (for free!), I set google to give me a daily update of stuff on the web related to b/g twins--and this site just popped up. So glad to find it and find some other moms of boy girl twins.

Mine are totally different, in looks, appearance, personality, etc. It is so funny how genes work isn't it?? We have been worrying about our son because he is so far behind our daughter in terms of language, etc., but the doctors assure us not to worry.

Anyone have twins first and other kids after that? We are thinking about having more and wondering how the family dynamics have worked for others in that situation??

Thanks!
Kristy
Welcome! I'll let you know about the family dynamic thing in 6 months or so LOL.
As for delays, here's one tiny bit of totally unsolicited advice: it does NOT hurt to call Early Intervention for a free evaluation. Most pediatricians are NOT developmental experts, believe it or not, and mama instincts are almost always better. If I had listened to 3 different ped's, my family, and my friends who all told me my DD was "fine," she would never have gotten therapy as early as she did. As it is she started PT at one year, never crawled (she scooted on her butt), walked at 22 months, and JUST last month finished up OT and is basically "caught up" at 4 years old. So go with your gut. EI is free

Christine, mama to Daniel & Abby, 9 and Patrick, 4. Wife to a rockin' train engineer. Gluten and nightshade-free. Multiple kiddie food sensitivities.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page