ID or frat? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 10-15-2006, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2QTs View Post
We have identicals, mo/mo's. We had always hoped a dividing membrane would show up one one of the early ultrasounds but it never did! We developed twin-to-twin transfusion at 20 weeks. To make a long story short we had placental laser surgery in Florida at 23 weeks and were lucky to deliver both babies at 30 weeks! We had no choice. They were in the NICU for 56 very scary days. They both had PDA surgeries (heart valve) but are totally healthy and on schedule now thankfully for babies born at term. One baby is still a little heavier than his brother and has a strawberry on his forehead, so strangers always tell us "how can they be identical" LOL I don't explain to everyone, I try to stop rolling my eyes when strangers in the mall ask how they can be identical if one baby is slightly larger and has a birthmark. LOL
Thank God your babies are okay, that must of been scary. Funny, people ask me if mine are identical and I say Yes and they say, but one is looks bigger then the other? I say Yess she is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 32 Old 10-16-2006, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have nine week old identical twin girls.

Twin A was 7-7 and her name is Alaina. Twin B was 8 lbs and her name is Patience. My husband named Alaina, I named Patience after a childless family friend.

They were monochorionic diamniotic, the most common presentation for identical twins. Curiously, they're what's called "mirror" twins: their difference in size and Alaina's mildly cruddy eye are their only differences. Well, Alaina's called "Squeaky" for a reason and Patience's name seems to be remarkably suitable, but that doesn't help strangers tell them apart.

I had severe edema with the pregnancy (70 lbs worth) and also developed pneumonia afterwards. It bit the big one.

By the way - hello. Dunno where else to introduce me, but I'm Misty, and I have two other daughters and twins as well. Kyrie died of complications from Down's syndrome before her birth, but Adia is cheerfully snapping pencil lead out of the pencil over by the changing table where she thinks I can't see.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page