Double Stroller? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 49 Old 12-12-2006, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
update- got the valco the other day!

I pushed two toddlers in it thru the slushy snow (50 cms on friday- I tell no lie!) and it was easier than anything- not to mention I am 32 weeks preg. with twins..

handles like a dream! The toddler seat is easy to pop on and off..

I am going to need to read how to adjust the staps and all that

I was able to get it out our front door very easily and up and down the porch steps as well.

I can't wait till springtime when I can really try this thing out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 49 Old 12-13-2006, 05:09 PM

Hi - new here. Since I didn't see it mentioned - I wanted to mention the Baby Jogger City Series Double. It is similar to the Mountain Buggy and the Valco (looks and price). BUT - the fold is amazing. It steers like a dream, fits through doorways, and folds in half by yanking on two straps. I have had it as my one and only for about six months (after outgrowing the snap and go). I love this stroller.
#33 of 49 Old 01-02-2007, 04:02 AM

I really wanted the urban mountain buggy, but could bring myself to spend that much on a stroller. I wanted to get one stroller that I could take for walks in the park, to the beach, and also to the mall... I decided that the perfect stroller would be a double, side-by-side jogging stroller with a turning front weel. I ended up finding exactly what I was looking for for only $179 at Burlington's Coat Factory.... I cant find it on the site, but its pretty much identical to this one. I've been using the stroller almost daily for 3 1/2 months and I absolutely LOVE it. It took me a while to find it, but I am sooo glad I did... it works great everywhere I take it and its so maneuverable (sp?)... turns on the spot. Hope this helps and good luck with your search
#34 of 49 Old 01-02-2007, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivi2 View Post
Hi - new here. Since I didn't see it mentioned - I wanted to mention the Baby Jogger City Series Double. It is similar to the Mountain Buggy and the Valco (looks and price). BUT - the fold is amazing. It steers like a dream, fits through doorways, and folds in half by yanking on two straps. I have had it as my one and only for about six months (after outgrowing the snap and go). I love this stroller.
I have this one, too, and love it! Although, I will admit that I saw a Bob Revolution Dualie the other day at REI and had some serious stroller envy....but my husband would flip out if I suggested getting another one!

Cindi, mama to Hannah (7/04) :, Eli & Sam (6/06) :
#35 of 49 Old 01-02-2007, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

OMG I can not tell you how much I love pushing the kiddos around in this! The twins love the smooth ride and my 4 yo DD loves her "queen seat" (borrowed that from a PP ) that lets her see everyone and everything. I have been able to attach and unattach the toddler seat with little effort, but Iam still wrestling with the best way to set up the stroller. I am pretty ok getting it down, but I need to take the wheels off of it to store it and when I put it back together I seem to flounder. Any who, I love this thing overall!
#36 of 49 Old 01-03-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMeOhMy View Post
OMG I can not tell you how much I love pushing the kiddos around in this! The twins love the smooth ride and my 4 yo DD loves her "queen seat" (borrowed that from a PP ) that lets her see everyone and everything. I have been able to attach and unattach the toddler seat with little effort, but Iam still wrestling with the best way to set up the stroller. I am pretty ok getting it down, but I need to take the wheels off of it to store it and when I put it back together I seem to flounder. Any who, I love this thing overall!
YOu got the valco, right? I am gonna get this. It won over the mountain buggy b/c of accessories. We got enough x-mas money that I can finally justify it to my DH. I NEED to get out more for my sanity and with 4 small children, I need a good stroller for sure. The toddler seat seems to get good reviews from you guys who have it, but has anyone tried the hitchhiker attachment??

mama to Joshua (9), Lily (8), Jude (6) and Ava (6)

#37 of 49 Old 01-03-2007, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Yup, the Valco twin rubabout. I luuuuuuuurve it!
I do not have the hitch hiker, but I have seen it in action. I did the whole seat v rider and ended up with the seat. My dd prefers to sit and I am sure she would have gotten tired standing to ride. However if I had two additional kids instead of the one to deal with I would have bought both with the idea of letting them take turns sitting and riding. KWIM?

But yeah - this was worth ever penny. I was totally freaked out buying it (moneywise), but no regrets now!
#38 of 49 Old 01-03-2007, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMeOhMy View Post
Yup, the Valco twin rubabout. I luuuuuuuurve it!
I do not have the hitch hiker, but I have seen it in action. I did the whole seat v rider and ended up with the seat. My dd prefers to sit and I am sure she would have gotten tired standing to ride. However if I had two additional kids instead of the one to deal with I would have bought both with the idea of letting them take turns sitting and riding. KWIM?

But yeah - this was worth ever penny. I was totally freaked out buying it (moneywise), but no regrets now!
what color??

mama to Joshua (9), Lily (8), Jude (6) and Ava (6)

#39 of 49 Old 01-03-2007, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

I was torn between the navy/sunrise (orange) and the scarlett. I went with the red 4 yo DD was the deciding vote . I liked the continuity of the red with black trim and the black toddler seat. Very puuuuuurdy.
#40 of 49 Old 02-22-2007, 01:47 AM

just wanted to update again- we took the valco out with girls and bryce for a stroll down the snowy sidewalk and to our small grocery store and local bakery and it was awesome

bryce loved the toddler seat and the girls slept nicely in the fully reclined seats, we could still get groceries in the bottom with the seats fully reclined. no issues with doors, isles, or anything... great suspension too... when we had to stand still i could kinda bounce the stroller a bit. very very nice stroller!!

only thing i don't like is the straps, but one day i am sure i will get used to them...
#41 of 49 Old 11-30-2007, 09:43 PM

I am considering a valco twin now... Are you all still lovin' yours?
#42 of 49 Old 12-01-2007, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMoM2GTO View Post
Yes and no.

I have discovered it's big flaw...it's big and hard to get in and out of my van. I was expecting this stroller to be the ONE...for trips to the ped, to the store, zoo trips, etc. It'll be great for some of those things. BUT there is no way it's going to work for quick in and out trips. I have another stroller that's 30+ lbs but something about this one makes it so darn hard to get in and out of my van. I think because when folded it's awkward to get a decent hold on it. I can't imagine picking it up when it's full of snow. So I'm looking into a second very lightweight side by side.

That being said, I don't regret getting it. It's fabulous for walks and as I needed the 3rd seat for my toddler, there was only one other option.
#43 of 49 Old 12-03-2007, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMoM2GTO View Post
YES!
While I will agree it is hefty, I find it well worth dealing with the weight. It is solid and I can't imagine my twins bouncing around and my 5 year old climbing in and out of anything else and it taking the abuse. I have used it in the snow and it is sweeeeeeeeet!! It cuts right through with no wheels sticking/getting caught at all. I have an E350 so I need to hoist this bad boy up pretty high and I STILL lurve it to pieces. Yes, be warned it is heavier than the ones you see at TRU and such, but the reason for that is the quality. Any who, that's my .02.
#44 of 49 Old 12-03-2007, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewpie View Post
I think because when folded it's awkward to get a decent hold on it.
When you fold it you need to grab it up high, just below the knuckle, being sure to grab both bars. I then asueeze it into my palms and lift it up and in. Some days when I am extra tired I use my knee to help lift it high enough. I am driving an E350 though and those are SUPER high up.
#45 of 49 Old 02-29-2008, 06:59 PM

any more reviews on the twin with the toddler seat? i would love to see someaction shots of all three in the stroller and also the back...i know its on the website but i can't get it to stop flipping around so quickly. thanks!

amanda... lovin' my dh since 2004 and mama to dd (3), ds (18 months) and expecting someone new Oct 2010.
#46 of 49 Old 02-29-2008, 07:49 PM

I have one pic of it all loaded up with 3, the Valco that is. No shots of the back. It's : out and is in the back of my van at the moment, otherwise I'd run out and snap a pic.

Valco for 3

OhMeOhMy - I think I understand what you're talking about. I need to take the stroller out of my van soon. Part of the problem is I'm 5'1" on a good day, it's a lot of stroller for a short person.
#47 of 49 Old 03-01-2008, 05:40 PM

A question for the Valco Twin owners...
Do you need the car seat attachments for this one, or do the car seats rest on the lap bar? I think the attachment they sell is only for the Valco single?
We are contemplating this stroller as well, but I would like one that is car seat compatible for the early months.

sarah, mama to e & j 8/08, and big brother 8/06
#48 of 49 Old 03-01-2008, 06:20 PM

We have the MBUD, too! I love it! I got the brown dots one. I wish we had gotten it sooner. http://strollers.baby-gaga.com/mount...e/review2.html

Blessed mama of four
::
#49 of 49 Old 03-01-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbear View Post
A question for the Valco Twin owners...
Do you need the car seat attachments for this one, or do the car seats rest on the lap bar? I think the attachment they sell is only for the Valco single?
We are contemplating this stroller as well, but I would like one that is car seat compatible for the early months.
You need carseat attachments. The downside to the Valco is that only one infant carrier can ride at a time, and none with the toddler seat attached. I "highly" recommend a double snap n go for the early days, you won't regret it.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page