Double Stroller? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-08-2006, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, we have the double snap and go atm, but we are fast aproaching the "regular" stroller stage. I sling, but I need the option of a carriage asI am having trouble finding a balance slinging and nursing with the twins. Anywho - I don't want a jogger, I want a side by side. It is important to me that they have full recline/full upright (multi position) and a good umbrella/canopy top. It would be nice to have a parent tray, but it is not as important as the other things. I would also enjoy a lightweight, easy folding one, but again it is secondary to comfort (recline, large canopy) for the babes. I have been looking at the Combi's, but I am thoroughly confused by their various models, never mind adding in other types/models. Can anyone offer me help in finding "the one"? :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2006, 12:50 AM

I have been dying for the urban mountain buggy, but ohhhhh, the price! Combi's are my second choice. I don't have one though, so maybe someone could give you good advice on specifics of the different models.

mama to Joshua (9), Lily (8), Jude (6) and Ava (6)

Old 11-09-2006, 01:43 PM

Yeah I wanted a Mountain Buggy too, but there's no way we afford it, or justify it with the little time it would be used.

We bought a Peg Perego Aria in the end. I really like it. It's very light (16lbs) I did think it looked a bit flimsy to begin with but it's holding up well. Doesn't have a parent tray but that doesn't bother me, it folds up easily, the seats fully recline. We also bought a couple of 'Bundle me' for it and they are gorgeous, and make it very snuggly for our babies and we got a universal raincover.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:00 AM

We have the Inglesina Twin Swift and LOVE it. My older girls (5 and 3) tell me it is comfy for them when they are in it too.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:08 AM

oh Annette, we just got a couple of Bundle Me's too. So warm!

Old 11-10-2006, 01:12 AM

I have a regular graco double stroller that I use the most (the back reclines, the front doesn't. I used the carseats with it). I have a double jogger, but it is really hard to get in and out of the van. I have a side by side and i HATE it!! It is MISERABLE trying to get it in and out and around.

How much are you going to be using the stroller? Do you really need them to both recline? When one is sleepy, I put him in the sling and put the other in the stroller or put the sleeping one in back.

Courtney wife to geek.gif and mom to 4 boys: chicken3.gif   . I need caffix.gif !
They're not typos. . . I can't spell!
Old 11-10-2006, 01:14 AM

I mainly want a stoller b/c I have 4 kids age 3 and under. I could sling one, stoller 2 and let my 3 yr old walk or use that toddler perch accessory that the urban buggy has.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:06 PM

I have the Peg Perego Aria Twin, also, and I really like it. Comfy for the girls (we have Bundle Mes on there, too - so snuggly!) and easy for me to set up, break down, and lift. The basket underneath is not bad at all. But I must warn you that the sunshades suuuuuhuck. I bought a sunshade attachment like this (http://www.protect-a-bubusa.com/strollersunshade.shtml) and it works really well but is sort of a PITA to use. I don't think there is a perfect double stroller out there in terms of affordability and usability, but I'm pretty happy with what I have. (THough yeah, I'd like the Mountain Buggy, too...sigh)

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:31 PM

We splurged and got the mountain buggy. Our relatives pitched in too so that helped. It’s a little less if you get last years model or used. It has an excellent resale value. It is a very well designed stroller. Can be used as a jogger too. I have a toddler (almost 3) and she sits in front on the foot rest so all 3 get strolled. The only complaint is that this stroller is very heavy and doesn’t fit back of every car. It fits in back of my Subaru wagon but there is no room back there for anything else. But it is perfect for taking the 3 kids and dog for walks around the neighborhood.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:23 AM

I have a Valco double with toddler seat( as I have an almost 3yo in additiion to my twins) and I love love love it : It was worth every penny.

lurk on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StrollerSWAP/ for a while and you will get a better feel for doubles and good prices.

HTH

and good luck!
Old 11-12-2006, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestmom View Post
I have been dying for the urban mountain buggy, but ohhhhh, the price!
I had not seen these yet. But they DO look awesome! I need to look at them some more.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nethead View Post
We bought a Peg Perego Aria in the end. I really like it. It's very light (16lbs) I did think it looked a bit flimsy to begin with but it's holding up well. Doesn't have a parent tray but that doesn't bother me, it folds up easily, the seats fully recline. We also bought a couple of 'Bundle me' for it and they are gorgeous, and make it very snuggly for our babies and we got a universal raincover.
I had looked at these as well, but I was not really thrilled with the reveiws Iwas seeing on them. It seemed for every positive review there was 3 negatives ones. What finally sinched it for me was that my sister bought one of these and it was HORRIBLE. She had nothing but trouble with it and ofr the money she paid, I expected more. I am glad that you like yours though!
Old 11-12-2006, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdahlgrd View Post
I have a regular graco double stroller that I use the most (the back reclines, the front doesn't. I used the carseats with it). I have a double jogger, but it is really hard to get in and out of the van. I have a side by side and i HATE it!! It is MISERABLE trying to get it in and out and around.

How much are you going to be using the stroller? Do you really need them to both recline? When one is sleepy, I put him in the sling and put the other in the stroller or put the sleeping one in back.

I had a graco front back with my oldest two (15 months apart) and it was OK. I was just looking for something more this time. I have 3 small ones to keep track of during the day and I need a high quality, easy to use stroller that handles extremely well. The both laying back thing is very important for me, even though I do intend (and already do) sling a child as well as stroll them.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunMama View Post
I have a Valco double with toddler seat( as I have an almost 3yo in additiion to my twins) and I love love love it : It was worth every penny.

lurk on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StrollerSWAP/ for a while and you will get a better feel for doubles and good prices.

HTH

and good luck!
I have to say that other than the Combi, this is the one I have been drawn to the most. I am curious how you like the third seat. I would be getting one if I went with this. Is it easy to use? Do you recomend that or the hitch hiker? As for the stroller . . how many positions does it recline, I can;t see mto find that detail. Is it all the way up and all the way down? Otr are therepositions in between?
TIA!
Old 11-13-2006, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMeOhMy View Post
I have to say that other than the Combi, this is the one I have been drawn to the most. I am curious how you like the third seat. I would be getting one if I went with this. Is it easy to use? Do you recomend that or the hitch hiker? As for the stroller . . how many positions does it recline, I can;t see mto find that detail. Is it all the way up and all the way down? Otr are therepositions in between?
TIA!
The twin seats have full recline and upright, and the toddler seat is awesome!!!! My ds loves it. We call it his king seat

The toddler seat is kind of a pain to get on and off, but that might be user error It is a beast in the trunk, but it is so great to have all 3 in the stroller and safe. I think the hitchhikers would be fine for an older child( at least 4), but for a smaller kid the toddler seat is preferable.

http://www.valcobaby.com/2006/twin.htm for all the particulars. I have a 2005.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:47 AM

we had a graco side by side model.. both seats reclined... it fit through doors... one canopy... it was under $100... held up well... (we had this for our 1st 2 kids...)
Old 11-14-2006, 01:20 AM

We have and Inglesina twin swift and I love it. The boys are still a little small for it, so I use the sling whenever possible but the stroller is so compact, fits thru every door so far, handles great, is easy to open/close and fits folded in the trunk with room to spare. I found it online thru epinions.com for $242 including shipping.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:12 AM

I ended up with this one

http://www.bestbuybaby.com/matwtest20.html

The main reason I went with it is that the weight limit per seat was really high (75lb I think?). A lot of the strollers had only 35lb limits per seat and my 3 year old loves riding in the stroller with one twin and I wear one on my back and he is over 40lb. I like it a lot too. It folds pretty small (fits between the seats in the van) and the seats lay back far. I bought a cup holder to add onto it because it does not really have a place for an adult cup, just 2 things that hold a sippy cup or small water bottle.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:45 PM

I have a side-by-side maclaren. I'm pleased with it, but i wish that it had larger wheels for going over the bumps. I really want a second stroller - the mountain buggy, but i fear that that is only in my dreams.

Rivka, mommy to 3 big boys and a set of b/g twins
Old 11-15-2006, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, I did it. I just placed an order for this. I am in !! BTW, I bought it in scarlett.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:33 PM

great! when you get it, tell me what you think. it is between that one and the mountain buggy for me if I can talk dh into spending the cash.

Old 11-18-2006, 04:08 AM

I just got the valco too!!! I wanted pink but DH and I settled on black... we also ordered the toddler seat for my DS

we are super lucky because there is a local store that has it in stock, we got to try it out.. it is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2006, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikruca View Post
I just got the valco too!!! I wanted pink but DH and I settled on black... we also ordered the toddler seat for my DS

we are super lucky because there is a local store that has it in stock, we got to try it out.. it is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does it manuver easily and fit through doors easily? How does it do outside?

Old 11-18-2006, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestmom View Post
great! when you get it, tell me what you think. it is between that one and the mountain buggy for me if I can talk dh into spending the cash.
Will do. And tell him you need the toddler seat AND the hitchhiker for the 2 older kiddos.

oh - but it will be a few. My color is on back order. Three weeks, it figures.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikruca View Post

Awesome! I can't wait get mine!
Old 11-19-2006, 01:28 PM

easy to get through a standard door... we took it outside a bit and tried curbs ect and it was AWESOME!

Ours will be a couple of weeks too but we have time to spare haha.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:04 PM

I'm not a mother of multiples, but I have the Mountain Buggy Urban Double and it is wonderful and fantastic in EVERY way. I LOVE it!!!

~lisa~mama to 3 boys (1/02, 5/04, 12/06)
Old 11-19-2006, 05:46 PM

I'm so glad I found this! I was afraid there'd be no chat of stroller on MDC...
I have a one year old with baby #2 due in July. We take day-long (seemingly) walks round the neighbornood, so we will need something for both kiddos.

Thanks for all of the input!
Old 11-26-2006, 07:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommymaemae View Post
We have and Inglesina twin swift and I love it. The boys are still a little small for it, so I use the sling whenever possible but the stroller is so compact, fits thru every door so far, handles great, is easy to open/close and fits folded in the trunk with room to spare. I found it online thru epinions.com for $242 including shipping.

I found this at tinyride.com for $223.99 with free shipping!! WOW!! Just wanted to pass this along to everyone.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:21 PM

I really like the Avalon Side by Side because it is so easy to fold, manuever, is very light and it is durable. Ours has survived lots of walks and six plane trips. It is also inexpensive ($70 available on line at burlington coat factory). I have a much more expensive MacClaren that I got sick of fighting with (heavy, hard for me to fold/unfold) and it has been sitting in my garage for over two years now!

Rachelle, mommy to 8 year old boys! 

My Blog-free homeschooling finds and my lesson plans and link to the new User Agreement

User Tag List