Slinging Twins? (X-posted in Baby Wearing) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-05-2006, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SIL is due with twins and was wondering if baby wearing is possible (both at once, that is.)

Anyone done it, or, better yet, have a picture of it?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2006, 03:16 PM

depending on what type of sling she has/wants she should be able to google pics. I use Over The Shoulder Baby Holder... I know for sure there are pics at onehotmama.com. I sling my boys every day to walk my dog. We usually last about an hour before I'm too tired to carry them both anymore. It is difficult for me to get them all situated, but once we're set up, they like it.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Great, thanks for the link!
Old 12-05-2006, 07:05 PM

Here's another site to check out: http://www.thebabywearer.com/forum/f...splay.php?f=59
I wear mine together occasionally as do several mamas here, but it's not what I'd call convenient or comfortable--it's primarily for comfort/soothing on their part.

Cindi, mama to Hannah (7/04) :, Eli & Sam (6/06) :
Old 12-06-2006, 11:22 PM

http://static.flickr.com/110/3043006...67e633.jpg?v=0

nak

Decently comfy, impossible to sit or do heavy duty tasks. Two mei tai carriers.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:14 AM

Yep, the sling is a LIFESAVER!!!

http://dahlgaards.blogspot.com/

I wore them a lot this way, until they hit about 20 lbs combine. Then I had to switch.

Later I would sling one on my hip or back and hold the other one (or put him in the cart, etc.) This is how I get anything done outside the house!! I have used two ring slings, but they are SOOO heavy. They were 20 lbs at 4 months!! They are now 26 lbs each so a sling is a short term solution.

I tried a double sling and it just didn't work. I couldn't adjust it by myself, so it wasn't safe/too loose. I think if it was redesigned it would work.

Courtney wife to geek.gif and mom to 4 boys: chicken3.gif   . I need caffix.gif !
They're not typos. . . I can't spell!
Old 12-08-2006, 04:06 PM

Since I have been using the double over the shoulder baby holder a lot lately I just wanted to update you and say that I don't think it's the best set up for twins. I find that the padding is really excessive when you wear two and I'm in a weird transitional place where the boys are pretty good at holding their heads up but not enough to do a full hip carry so I have to improvise and it's not terribly comfortable for us. I would tell your SIL to either use an unpadded ring sling or think about something else. what I do like about my method is that both babies are in front so I can touch them, kiss their heads, talk to them. With two mei teis it seems like this wouldn't be an option.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommymaemae View Post
Since I have been using the double over the shoulder baby holder a lot lately I just wanted to update you and say that I don't think it's the best set up for twins. I find that the padding is really excessive when you wear two and I'm in a weird transitional place where the boys are pretty good at holding their heads up but not enough to do a full hip carry so I have to improvise and it's not terribly comfortable for us. I would tell your SIL to either use an unpadded ring sling or think about something else. what I do like about my method is that both babies are in front so I can touch them, kiss their heads, talk to them. With two mei teis it seems like this wouldn't be an option.
I always put the sleepy twin on my back, and that's how we do naptimes on occasion. It leaves me free to hold the other, play with my toddler, or put the other in a carrier if need be too. My back baby is rarely awake for long!
Old 12-09-2006, 08:17 PM

More pics & bfing info:

http://www.karengromada.com/photos/index.htm

Twin boys 04/2005 : Support breastfeeding rights at FirstRight.Org : warrior
Face the rear for MORE than a year! Toddlers' necks are safest in a rear facing carseat
Old 12-22-2006, 07:02 PM

I've experimented a lot with this. My blog has a couple of photos too. Currently, at 6mo old I like the mei tai/ergo combo or even better 2 wraps. i wish i had discovered wraps sooner b/ci think they would've been helpful when they were younger too. w/wraps i can do basic chores/errands. feel free to PM me for my email and I'd be happy to send you some pics to pass on to your SIL

Crunchy Mama to the Triad of Chaos-- DD1 (9/03) & the Twinadoes- DS and DD2 (6/06)
Old 12-24-2006, 04:29 PM

I have some pics of me wearing both babies here. HTH!

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.

User Tag List