visit with my parents - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-06-2006, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
what a difference!
just took a visit to my parents house, (as opposed to living in the tiny guest house of MIL - earlier post about that), they had baby proofed absolutely everything, and hid new (and used) toys all over the house, in drawers, cupboards, etc, so that everywhere they could get into things, it was safe and actually intended for them to explore and find. Very open spaces, etc.

they had a blast, unfortunately they both came down with a stomach bug... had one throwing up on me and the other one coming out the other end.

I had to wake my parents to help me at 5:30am (DH was working, I just took a trip with the boys), which they were happy to do. I also went out and bought some 7th gen dipes when they both starting having diarhea.

anyway, it was really hard to leave (to come back here to MIL's), but the best news is, while I was there, someone made an offer on our house and its now in ESCROW!

we will start looking for houses this Saturday.

whoo-hoo!

mom of twins.gif boys born 9/13/05 and dog2.gifdog2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2006, 02:30 AM

I'm glad it was such a nice visit! And I have to say I totally misread your post and thought one of your parents threw up on you. I was impressed that THAT wasn't the subject of your post!

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:33 PM

I understand FULLY! IL's never child proof and my mother always has tons of toys, childproof, and fun. The difference is night and day for me and the kids.

So glad to here things are moving forward with your house! We were going to move back to our home state (on the other side of the country), but decided to stay put. I'm sure the change is a big stress, but it will be worth it in the long run. You're kids will have family close.

SAHM married to with twin boys  and a girl .  

Old 12-07-2006, 01:46 PM

Thank goodness you got an offer. Moving will be so worth it, just to be able to have your own safe space.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:28 PM

Fantastic, you got an offer on the house! I feel your pain, that is how my situation was. If you makes you feel better we've all forgotten about the experience and the kids still have a great relationship with their grandparents.

User Tag List