activities for 2mo old twins - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-07-2006, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm curious how you veteran MOMs stimulated/entertained your twins when they were very young. Obviously they still sleep a lot, but when they are awake I find myself at a loss for how to stimulate/entertain them. I have a Baby Einstein gym that they like a little bit and they hang out in their bouncy chair w/ activity bar while I shower but I don't want to rely on these devices too much. I don't want them to substitute for interactive time with mommy. I go for a daily walk with slings, too. It seems like interactive time with twins would be different than with singletons because I can't hold them both at the same time and do something "fun". What sorts of activities did you all do?
#2 of 7 Old 12-09-2006, 12:02 AM

All I remember from those early months is nursing, changing diapers, attempting to sleep/eat, then nursing some more.

I think at that age they just like being close to you, looking at you and listening to your voice. I really wouldn't work at stimulating them too much. Afterall, everything in the world is new to them. Just going about your business with them in a sling, or alternating them in a sling, is enough in my opinion.

I do remember starting a baby yoga class around 3 months, mostly as an attempt to meet some other moms. And we went on outside walks, as weather allowed.
#3 of 7 Old 12-09-2006, 10:08 AM

Baby massage (doesn't require any special skill, just stroke their little bodies) this doesn't require you to hold both of them.
And other than that just talk to them.
(I didn't have my twins yet but that's what I did with dd -- she didn't like being held too much, so I would just put her in the bouncy and while I was doing stuff talk to her the whole time, and come over and stroke her, tickle her, kiss her, she seemed to like stuff like that.)
#4 of 7 Old 12-09-2006, 11:57 AM

Dang mama, you're rockin! I barely remember 2 months! What I do recall was an endless cycle of nursing (they each nursed every hour on the hour for 45 minutes pretty nearly around the clock). All the photos of me from that time I have my eyes half closed, which is funny to me since I do not recall sleeping, ever, during those months.:

I got nuthin here, I just am floored, abso-friggin-lutely floored, that you are sufficiently compos mentis to think about stimulating your babes. You totally rock!

FWIW, at age 3, my girls are nutso running around the house, very verbal, climb on everything, and appear very well adjusted, so I think you really can't go wrong as long as you're responding to their needs - and as I say, if you're getting enough sleep and non-nursing time that you can even THINK about this stuff you're waaaaaaay ahead of where we were at that age.

Great job mama!
#5 of 7 Old 12-09-2006, 02:28 PM

Yes! Baby massage! I forgot about that It's fun for everyone . . . our local hospitals had classes, and there are instructional videos - or you can just make it up.
#6 of 7 Old 12-11-2006, 02:34 PM

I just took them with me where ever I happened to be and doing. If I was cooking, one was with me and one was on the floor or swing. If I was cleaning, I was cleaning around them.

They loved the little plamats and looking at books or watching their brother playing.

It sounds like you have pretty easy kids. Mine were too. Enjoy it, it doesn't always last!! (as I am trying to type with two monkeys helping!!)

Courtney wife to geek.gif and mom to 4 boys: chicken3.gif   . I need caffix.gif !
They're not typos. . . I can't spell!
#7 of 7 Old 12-11-2006, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the tips!
Yes, I am blessed with two really wonderful boys who require lots of attention but only nurse every two hours (growth spurt times excluded) and sleep quite well at night in our bed. I do have to change them every hour, but that's OK. I just don't want them to get bored during their alert time

On an unrelated topic, wouldn't it be funny to make a twins version of the new breastfeeding symbol?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page