Milestones - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-30-2003, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know that as parents we all love to talk (and brag!!) about our children so I thought I'd start a thread where we can post milestones, etc. It will be a fun way to keep up on what each of our little ones are doing.

My girls had their 4-month check-up yesterday (they are 4 1/2 months old). Lillie weighed 14 lbs. 12 oz. and is 26 1/2" long...she's in the 95-98th percentile for length! Faith weighs almost a pound more then Lillie at 15 lbs. 8 oz. and is 26 1/4" long. They have both reached the 26" length limit on their carrier carseats so I need to move them to their new seats. Ugh...I don't know how I'm going to do the grocery store now!!

They are doing so much now! They can both roll over both ways but Faith seems to enjoy it more. Every time I put her down for floor time she flips over onto her tummy. She looks so proud of herself. They both talk, coo and laugh A LOT!! They reach for toys and are beginning to play. They've also begun to blow raspberries...getting their faces and shirts covered in spit...LOL!!

We're waiting at least another month before starting solids. Their ped said that they are doing so well on nursing alone that she sees no reason to rush into solid foods.

Take a look at my beauties: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/lilliefaith
The password is: two girls

Next....

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)
#2 of 3 Old 05-02-2003, 01:10 AM

1Plus2 your babies are beautiful.............all three of them. I had "a moment" remembering my three at those ages only last year. Boy does time fly.

Ok I can contribute to the thread....
My younger daughter (19 mos.) is bearly 20 lbs and is in the 5th percentile for height and weight. I figure someone has to be on the low end. She has an amazing vocabulary and can string 3-4 words together to make a sentence. She adores her older sister and wants to do everything "sissy" does. When she wants to nurse she sticks her hand down my shirt and asks for "mama juice". She is also my best eater. She eats everything including her peas (geen balls) one at a time. Dinner can take for ever.

My son (19 mos) is 22 lbs and about an inch taller then his twin. He is the epitome of "BOY". Loves trucks, cars, trains etc. Anything that has wheels and/or moves. He calls them all choo choos. He has some great dance moves. He lifts his shoulders one at a time and sways his hips. My son loves to throw his food across the room, the farther the better. He does use his spoon very efficiently and is always finished before everyone else thus the food fights. He has a great sense of humor and is VERY tickilish.

I love watching the twins play together. Most of their peers are still playing side by side. Not my two they love to play with each other and try desperately to engage their friends in play. They do succed a fair amount.

I'm going to brag about my older daughter (4.5) also......She is beginning to read and I find it facinating. She is sounding out words and recognizing words like Cinderella, princess, pink, purple.
I hope I didn't bore anyone.

My guys did not start on solids till around 7.5 months. I sort of lost track of time (oops) until someone asked me what veggies they liked. No wonder I was still wearing my 34 C bras!!!
They are still nursing. One has night weaned and I suspect the other will at some piont soon. After all his teeth finish coming in.

Thanks for starting this.
Julianne
#3 of 3 Old 05-02-2003, 03:21 PM

Well, my boys are a little older than those posted so far. Right now they both know most of the primary colors and are beginning to color. (unfortunately not just on paper) ONe baby is righty and one is a lefty. They both love digging in the dirt and helping mommy with the garden. The highlight of their day is finding worms or a ripe strawberry. They are completely potty trained. (boo hoo) I'm not sure on their weights but they have pretty much stayed in the 25% range since birth. both boys still breastfeed and their favorite food is pancakes. Tucker loves trucks and Tate loves any sport that has a ball in it.

My daughter, who is 7, reads everything in sight. she loves reading. She also loves gymnastics and softball and is very good at both.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page