Fun new addition to bedtime routine - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-16-2006, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lately my girls have stopped falling asleep with their bedtime BM bottles, so I have been trying to put them down awake (no CIO - just trying to put them down drowsy but if they're not into it I hold, rock, whatever is necessary). I give them that last bottle in my bed while they lie on a boppy or a pillow or on me. I sing to them and dim the lights so it is very soothing and calm. A few days ago they were still too perky after their milk, so I decided to just let them lie there side by side and see what happens.

OMG. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life. They immediately started reachng out for each other and smiling, cooing, giggling at each other. Binkies were exchanged several times. They did this for 10-15 minutes, and then they both just relaxed and started staring into space. I took this as my cue to bring them into their cribs. I put them down gently, put their CD on, and they both were totally fine with it. This has happened 3 nights in a row! I think they like having a little concentrated twin time before bed. I hope it keeps working for them! Last night Lilly actually slept through from bedtime until 8am. Kate was up around 2 but I took her to our bed and she went right back to sleep.

I'm sure now that I've posted about it tonight will be psycho bedtime, but even if it was just 3 days of it, it has been beautiful to watch! They really are amazing little people.

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.
#2 of 3 Old 12-16-2006, 07:00 PM

I think that is the most gratifying part about having twins (thus far)-- seeing them interact lovingly together. My heart always melts when they snuggle together or hold hands, even if it seems "accidental" at this age. Hope my boys are as good buddies as your girls are at their age!
#3 of 3 Old 12-19-2006, 01:40 PM

Oh, that is soooo nice!! I love it when my boys hug and kiss and play together. .. a few minutes ago they were feeding each other cereal.

Courtney wife to geek.gif and mom to 4 boys: chicken3.gif   . I need caffix.gif !
They're not typos. . . I can't spell!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page