Very close twins -- and ONE is having surgery. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-24-2006, 04:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay my twins are very "twin-y" (according to my best friend, who also has twins, hers are DZ, mine are MZ). They're very close, they always want to be together, they are always looking out for each other (and they are always willing to fight with each other too!) Anyway, one is having his tonsils/adenoids out in early January, and I'm more concerned about his brother. I've started explaining that mommy is going to take R to the doctor by himself that day, and he keeps insisting that he wants to go too, and have surgery too

Just wondering about others' experiences with one twin having a procedure or some medical issue and the other twin not having it...

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#2 of 4 Old 12-24-2006, 04:13 AM

I don't have twins but I just wanted to give you a big I'm sure it's going to be difficult getting him to understand he can't have surgery too. Good luck.

GREAT MOM to dd (5) and )ds( [sept 26 2006]
#3 of 4 Old 12-24-2006, 04:47 AM

I am an identical twin, and I had my tonsils out when I was in fourth grade. I don't think my sis wanted to have the surgery, but I am pretty sure she was jealous about all the things I got afterward. I got ice cream, bedrest, presents from one of my mom's friends - one for each day of the week I recovered.

Is there a way you can give special attention to your twin not going in to surgery too? Also remind him that it's not all fun and games, his brother will be feeling under the weather. Maybe he says he wants surgery too because he's afraid of being separated?

Maybe my sister will hop in here because really she'd be the one better to know how it feels.

Mama to my spirited J, and L, my homebirth: baby especially DTaP, MMR (family vax injuries)
#4 of 4 Old 12-24-2006, 04:56 AM

I was wondering about this, but my twins are younger. One is needing surgery middle of next year. They are fairly close.....emotional little things. When one was hospitalized the other knew it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page