Holiday Family Rant... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-27-2006, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I so don't like when I am riddled with negativity. But I just can't shake it right now.

My mother is mad at me becasue I insisted my famly come here on Christmas morning. They wanted me to go there (40 minutes away) in the morning and then to Christmas dinner at 3pm. I tried to explain that my twins (one special needs) would not be able to function without a nap and my mom just got all huffy, "I bet you will be so happy when they outgrow these naps!" My husband and I could deal with one cranky overstimulated two year old, but two?

I just makes me so mad. Sometimes, people want to pin a medal on you for having twins. But I feel like when I need it most, my own family lets me down
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2006, 05:49 PM

I get crap like that from some ILs too. They don't seem to "get" that it is an all-day very intensive thing to get everyone packed up and into the car and then over to someone's house. What really irks me is that there was a big hubaloo when SIL and BIL had their kids about how we should go there because it was easier and we would understand when we have kids, but now we have 3 and get hassled about wanting to do stuff here. : Luckily my mom is very understanding. She just says, "Don't they remember what it was like with 1?"

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
Old 12-27-2006, 07:50 PM

s:
Old 12-28-2006, 12:24 AM

Oh Beth, I am so sorry your family was like that. They obviously aren't used to coping with both kids like you and DH are. Never mind that they are 2 years old and need naps and regular meal times to be happy. I feel lucky this year. Even my stepmonster-in-law agreed that we should stay home. We got everyone to come to us on Christmas day in rotating shifts. Lots of food, only a few people at a time, and a clearly defined mama corner on my sofa (to keep everyone from trying to snatch up the nursing twin). I knew there would be no sleeping for any of the kids, but at least the boys snoozed in arms. In all the day was a success. Tomorrow is the day I am dreading. I have become used to having DH home to help over the past 5 days, and he goes back to work tomorrow. At least Anna is getting a ride to school tomorrow. I will be home doing the clean up and fighting my way through the end of a twin growth spurt alone. Oh saturday can't come soon enough!

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.

User Tag List