The one in my area is AWFUL!!! It is so demoralizing... I went once when dd and ds were 3 months old and once when they were 5 months old, and here's a little snapshot of the meetings...
* An alarming number of the twins (fraternal or not) were dressed alike. All the mommies were just "all about" twins! It was like they forgot that each baby was unique and they just said "the twins" this and "the babies" that. I'm not saying that occasional twin dressing can't be cute (e.g., we had a few adorable brother/sister outfits) but come on!! One of the moms I run into outside the group when shopping fairly often, and her boys are ALWAYS wearing the exact same thing.
* Almost everyone was exclusively bottle feeding. And this was a VERY young group of babies. Many had never even attempted to nurse beyond a week or two. The two of us who were generally nursing most of the time were looked at with cross-eyes.
* All were plugged with pacis the moment they fussed, without attempting to figure out what was wrong first. In other words, they weren't being used just as a temporary soothing device, but more like a babysitter. My dd and ds definitely loved their pacis during the first few months (self-weaned around 4 months), but I'd use them after feedings to give them a little additional sucking time while I fed the other twin, or to help soothe them off to sleep, not just because they cried!
* A few of the mamas who were back to work full time after 2-3 months at home proudly stated that they didn't need to be financially but were just "dying to leave the house". That really made me feel sad.
* All of the babies were on fairly strict schedules. Most were attempting to let their babies CIO, "self-sooth" (amusing for a 2 month old), and I agree with Laralou that "Babywise" was mentioned about a hundred times. So was the "Baby Whisperer", particulary the points about needing to stick to a Sleep-Eat-Play-Sleep routine. "No, you should NEVER nurse your baby to sleep!" etc etc.
Now look, I've said before that I'm hardly the AP poster child, but my heart's in the right place, and if I was horrified with their mothering styles, it HAD to be bad! :LOL :LOL
Uh oh... my banana muffins are burning!!!!!!!!!!! GOTTA GO!