best sling, stroller for twins--any recommendations - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 32 Old 03-09-2007, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaMom View Post
Great thread and timely, too, as we are puzzling over same issues.

2) No one had mentioned the Bob Revolution Dualie. I wonder why not. Is it inferior to the Valco and/or Mountain Buggy (MBUD) for some reasons? We had been considering it, but largely because we'd never heard of Valco or MBUD before this thread. I'm not sure, but maybe BOB is more of a newcomer to the stroller game.

Thanks,
AnaMom
I just sold my 2006 Baby Jogger City Series Double to 'upgrade' to the BOB and can answer this! I think the BOB Revolution is a relative newcomer and most MoMs don't consider it first off b/c it used to not have a full-recline (so, you couldn't use it for newborns). They just changed this for 2007. I switched strollers b/c I preferred the 3-wheel configuration of the BOB for jogging/running, it was MUCH lighter (30 lbs?) than any of the other similar doubles, it folds very easily (not the same as the BJCSD--it's a 2-step fold--but, folds smaller when the wheels are removed and can be secured when folded w/the wrist strap, which the BJCSD could not), it has the lowest sun canopy I've ever seen on any double, and is the same width as all the others. I have no trouble fitting through doorways. Also, the harness system is very easily adjustable--a problem I had with the BJCSD and the MBUD I'd tried. I was never interested in the double snap-n-go--I have a single stroller which accomodates a carseat and would always wear the other baby (helps to reduce gawking when out and about!)
As for sling recommendations, well, I'm a bit of an addict, so I'm not the best one to ask! Buuuutttt, my go-to sling for the 1st 4 months or so was a Hotsling (pouch), and now I prefer my Babyhawk mei tai or Ergo, or some combination of those three!
Good luck on your decisions! There are many great options out there!

Cindi, mama to Hannah (7/04) :, Eli & Sam (6/06) :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 32 Old 03-09-2007, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2+twins View Post
IWe put the twins in the MBUD and my 3yo (35lbs) sits on the little metal foot plate dead center when she doesn't want to walk (which is frequently) and it's no harder to push around (as long as she sits centered & not off to one side b/c that puts weight on the wheels a bit).
We do this with our 4.5 yr old (42 pounds) when he gets tired, too -- although lately, he'd rather be in a seat and have us carry/sling one of the girls, which they like as well. Nice to have as an option, though (and nice the stroller car carry up to 120 pounds, I think!)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page