Triple bike trailer? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-02-2007, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Ladies.

I'm a lurker here. I have a 3yr old DS and 15 month old b/b MZ twins.

I was wondering if any of you know of a bike trailer that can hold three children. We have mountain bikes and unfortunately, their frames do not support the toddler bike seat for the 3yr old to ride along. We would love to get out biking this SP/SU, just trying to figure out the way.

For those of you that have pulled the double trailers, how difficult are they? Are you limited to flat roads? Both DH and I are in pretty good shape, but I'm wondering if there is a 3 seat trailer, would it be too difficult to pull?

I'm thinking that we will either have to buy one new bike that can hold the toddler bike seat or buy one single trailer and one double.....unless you know of a triple that is managable!!

Thank you.
~Andrea
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-02-2007, 11:17 AM

Hi Andrea, we had a thread on this not long ago...but if I recall, no one had ever seen a triple. What sort of mt bike do you have? We pull a Chariot Cougar 2 with the twins in it, and my dh has a Bell Co-Pilot seat attached to the back of his Klein mt bike. Admittedly, there is little wiggle room, but he was able to attach it.
Oh, here's the thread: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...hlight=trailer

And, in my post there (3rd one) there is a link to a picture of our set-up.
Hope this helps!
- Cindi

Cindi, mama to Hannah (7/04) :, Eli & Sam (6/06) :
#3 of 3 Old 03-02-2007, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Cindi -

That link was very helpful. I'm thinking we're going to have to invest in a new bike for DH and a double trailer. Our mt. bikes are cheapies...we bought them before we had kids to haul around.

Looks like we'll probably be waiting another year or so for biking...we don't have the funds to get a good bike and trailer this year.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page