Will this CD stash work? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-15-2007, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OK ladies, I knew posting here that I'd get more realistic advice, so here goes. I'm a prefold/covers user. DS was CD'd starting at 10mo, so I only have size M, but at least that's less to buy. I'm going to buy all at once because it's cheaper for shipping that way for me being overseas. (Well and on the Trader Post what I can find used and my mom will bring).

I plan on washing every day since I'll have 3 in diapers and I do have a full-time helper. A lot of this is based on how covers have worked for us so far and from what the weight limits/fits are.

Prefolds - CPFs from GreenMt.
36 preemie (can be used as doublers, etc. later)
36 infant
24 premium
Diaper Pins
Snappis

Covers
8 ProRaps (NB)
4 Swaddlebees (S)
4 Polar bummis (S)
2 Bummi SWW (S)
2 Stacinators (S)

4 Swaddlebees (M)
4 Polar Bummi (M)
2 Bummi SWW (M)
2 Stacinators (M)

2 Swaddlebees (L)
3 Polar bummis (L)
2 Bummi SWW (L)
2 Stacinators (L)

I use the stacinators just for night time and love Swaddlebees for trimness. I'm thinking for newborn (smaller babies) a combo of the ProRaps and Bummis should work fine.

Thanks for the input :

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 03-15-2007, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For our house I would want a few more prefolds and covers. There are alot of day that each of them goes poo 3 or more times and then we would run out of covers. Just to let you know, I am one of those people who would rather have a little too much than not enough.

Also, you said you use the Staccinators for at night but you only have 2 of each size and 3 kids in diapers. I am assuming there is something not listed for your other child but just in case it is an oversite I want to point it out.

Otherwise it looks great. I wish I had simplified like that when I started CDing. I have saved money but I could have saved alot more!
#3 of 4 Old 03-15-2007, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
DS is about to go into size L and I'm thinking 2 stacinators is enough if I wash every night, and if they get pooed in the other covers will work too.

So do you think I would need extra for NB or S?

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#4 of 4 Old 03-15-2007, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I found 6-10 covers in a size is plenty. I usually have 8-10 in my rotation. As a newborn we were often washing diapers just for the covers (but I wash every other day or so... never daily... and it takes me a day to get through with the diapers and get them put away). As she's gotten older, she seems to get poo on the cover less often. It looks good to me.

SAHM to flower.gif DD1 8/06 , loveeyes.gif DD2 8/09 , and bfinfant.gifDD3 9/12  married to geek.gif 6/99.  We homeschool.gif, cd.gif, homebirth.jpg, familybed2.gif, and lots of wash.gif and dishes.gif.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page