Homebirth twins - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-16-2007, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been inspired and decided to call a local midwife. She's fine with delivering twins (although she'll have a more experienced midwife consult as well as she hasn't delivered alot of twins, but has doula'd for alot.). She's not worried about my gestational diabetes, my weight or what presentation they are in! I'm so excited I could cry! Has anyone homebirthed twins successfully? I'd love to hear stories.

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
#2 of 9 Old 03-16-2007, 10:28 PM

There's a thread I started a few months ago when I was first starting my twin birth research, and it has ALL SORTS of twin birth stories on it, including twin homebirths. I'll see if I can find it and bump it for you.

Wife of one and mom of five, including my HBAC twins!
#3 of 9 Old 03-17-2007, 10:52 AM

Yep, I have. My story is linked below in my sig line. It was a really great experience (I have pictures in there too - check it out ).

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
#4 of 9 Old 03-18-2007, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

2+twins: Your story is amazing! Did you use a nurse, professional, or lay midwife for their birth? I really hope to have as beautiful an experience and you did!

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
#5 of 9 Old 03-18-2007, 12:52 AM

LM's. You can do it!

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
#6 of 9 Old 03-18-2007, 05:32 PM

I just added my birth story to the other birth thread. My mw was a cnm and actually had said she would not do twins and she never has but mine came so fast we never called the other mw that had agreed to do twins.
#7 of 9 Old 03-19-2007, 10:21 AM

Don't mean to be a downer here -- but you might reconsider HB if baby A is breech. There isn't much room for a version when you've got two in there, and it is substantially riskier for both babes when the first is breech.

Twin boys 04/2005 : Support breastfeeding rights at FirstRight.Org : warrior
Face the rear for MORE than a year! Toddlers' necks are safest in a rear facing carseat
#8 of 9 Old 03-19-2007, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

I support c-section for a baby A breech situation unless they are in a frank breech position. My main concern is not being allowed to deliver vaginally if baby B is breech but baby A is vertex.

#9 of 9 Old 03-19-2007, 02:21 PM

My OB (the best OB option here) said he'd only "allow" vaginal birth if both babies are vertex. Sooo, that's why we have our UC plans. I'm comfortable with Baby A being breech, but this is my 3rd pregnancy, never a birthing complication, and average sized babies. And why would I go to see the OB for a vertex/vertex, when that's totally doable at home?!

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page