Vag/C-Section 12 7.79%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-20-2007, 02:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Were your twins vag, c-sec, or both
Just sheer curiosity - Please do not criticize decisions made by others. We can't change the past.:

My baby A was vab, baby B was double footling (so emergency C-Section).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2007, 03:12 AM

My ob was pushing for a vbac with my twins. However hospital policy was baby A had to be head down and mine was not. My ob swore the baby would change positions as we neared the due date but our placenta started to tear again and baby A hadn't moved before they had to be delivered.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:52 AM

Mine were both born vaginally. Baby B was breach, but my OB turned her after Baby A was born
Old 03-20-2007, 09:39 AM

My twins were delivered via scheduled csection. Baby A was breech with her feet on my cervix and my OB was worried that if I went into labor and tried for a vaginal birth that the cord could wrap around her neck, so out of safety for us all, I went for the csection.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:46 AM

Mine weren't delivered, I gave birth to them vaginally
Old 03-20-2007, 10:57 AM

Vaginally. Twin A was vertex, Twin B double footling breech extraction.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:26 PM

I had my twins by planned cesarean, because I had cholestasis. I probably would have had a section anyway, though, because I couldn't find a provider willing to help me VBAC with twins.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
Old 03-20-2007, 05:26 PM

C-section. :

I don't remember the official terms for this, but Baby A was feet down on my cervix (like standing up) and Baby B was sideways with her head in his stomach. Both of them had cords dangling down around Baby A's feet.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:29 PM

Both vag with a little help from a vacuum.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llyra View Post
I had my twins by planned cesarean, because I had cholestasis.

Me too. I was hoping to be induced and go vaginally, but my son was planted butt first and refused to move. We had to deliver (via c/s) at 37 wks 4 days. We SO would have lasted 40+ wks had we not had issues with my health. This was very disapointing after had 4 vaginal deliveries already. I'm still trying to make peace with myself and my body after the c/s.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:47 PM

C-section done on an urgent basis for worsening pre-eclampsia. I had problems with this pregnancy starting in week 15 and spent most of the last 2 months in the hospital. At that point, I was just happy to have two live twins, regardless of the method of delivery.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:07 PM

C-section for both. Baby A was sunny side up/head down and Baby B was breach. I wouldn't dilate any more than 4 cm and my blood pressure was too high, so c-section.

SAHM married to with twin boys  and a girl .  

Old 03-20-2007, 08:12 PM

C-section for me, too.
Twin A, aka Phoebe, was transverse and Twin B, Fiona, was vertex. They were both vertex until about 2 months before they were born. I was so disappointed.
We had a date scheduled for the surgery at 38-1/2 weeks, but I developed pre-eclampsia and went into labor at 37-weeks on the dot so out they came.
Phoebe was pulled out first. Fiona popped her own head out of the incision and screamed. They said, "We've never seen that before." That kind of cracks me up.

I feel for you mamas who had cholestasis. I had severe itching my last two months & for my first 4 months PP & it was awful. I can't imagine how bad cholestasis must have been.

SAHM to F & P, : fraternal twins born 3/05, : I, born 12/07 & at 5 weeks in July 2009
Old 03-20-2007, 10:01 PM

both vag - baby a head down, baby b footling breech!
Old 03-21-2007, 02:02 AM

C-sec. HBAC transfer, though. Baby A was breech and wouldn't descend no matter what we did : At least I tried, I guess!

full time, single, slightly soggy WOHM to Juliet (12.31.2004 @ 36w5d) and Willow & Adam (2.22.2007 @ 39w5d, HBAC transfer) and... expecting my little womb warrior Eowyn Susanne in September
Old 03-21-2007, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f&p'smama View Post
Fiona popped her own head out of the incision and screamed. They said, "We've never seen that before." That kind of cracks me up.
What is it with twins- ha! My Willow came FLYING out of my incision- the OB said it was the only baby she'd ever seen deliver itself

full time, single, slightly soggy WOHM to Juliet (12.31.2004 @ 36w5d) and Willow & Adam (2.22.2007 @ 39w5d, HBAC transfer) and... expecting my little womb warrior Eowyn Susanne in September
Old 03-21-2007, 02:27 AM

ok now i'm scared. I'm naming my girls Willow and Fiona... and now i'm getting visions of my twins flying out of my tummy. LOL!

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
Old 03-21-2007, 02:37 AM

I gave birth to mine vaginally.

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:39 AM

Both of mine were head down pretty early & stayed there so we were lucky enough to have a fairly uneventful delievery, except Rena (twin B) had to be pulled out w/ a vacuum b/c she was in major distress.

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

Old 03-21-2007, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleseed View Post
What is it with twins- ha! My Willow came FLYING out of my incision- the OB said it was the only baby she'd ever seen deliver itself
That's funny -- that's what I say Fiona did, too.

SAHM to F & P, : fraternal twins born 3/05, : I, born 12/07 & at 5 weeks in July 2009
Old 03-21-2007, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrebloom View Post
ok now i'm scared. I'm naming my girls Willow and Fiona... and now i'm getting visions of my twins flying out of my tummy. LOL!
Yes, be forewarned -- Fionas are fiesty little creatures. I've met a few & they are spunky things. It is all too fitting that mine popped herself out. Cross your legs!

Old 03-21-2007, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrebloom View Post
So, have you ever seen the movie "Alien?"

Old 03-21-2007, 06:10 PM

: Baby A (Makai) was breech-transverse with his sacrum presenting, B (Kiana) was vertex-transverse, both with their heads touching...a yin-yang sort of thing. Plus I had been ruptured for 75 hours and spiked a sudden fever after I'd been laboring for 8 hours. I insisted I labor for as long as possible, even though I knew a c/s was unavoidable (for babes physical and my emotional benefit). I am so glad I got to experience labor, even though I'll never experience pushing out a baby.

I wonder if (or how often) twins are ever sucessfully born vaginally when baby A is breech?

Mama to DS & DD, 4 years old TWINS 
Birthing/Postpartum RN on my "free time".
Old 03-21-2007, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleLove View Post
: Baby A (Makai) was breech-transverse with his sacrum presenting, B (Kiana) was vertex-transverse, both with their heads touching...a yin-yang sort of thing.

This is how Kieran (A) and Owen (B) were positioned. Except Kieran was not over my cervix. His butt was actually PAST my cervix sticking out past my pelvic bones. It made an indentation in my belly about the size of my fist. His own little butt pouch. I never even began to dilate because I had nothing bearing down on my cervix. Not even a foot.

An interesting note: I had said over and over that if only Kieran would move his stubborn little butt Owen would turn and descend further down. Kieran couldn't move so Owen didn't. Until the delivery. When they pulled Kieran out Owen immediately rotated down and tried to deliver himself vaginally. The doc said he had never seen a baby attempt to go through a cervix mid-section. At least he tried.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:23 PM

IlliniMom, you and I can be "full birth experience" buddies. Lillian was born vaginally no problem. Kate remained vertex but folded herself in half. At 29 weeks they were not about to risk waiting for her to unfold, or trying anything else other than a section. I decided to view it as my opportunity to one-up people during the "OMG, my delivery was so hard..." portion of baby showers forever.

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:14 PM

DoubleLove - your babes are adorable! what a cute smile/smirk!!
Old 03-22-2007, 01:00 PM

Both vaginal at home. Baby A was vertex and baby B was breech but flipped transverse after baby A came out. My midwives turned him and he was born vertex.

Blessed mama of four
::
Old 03-22-2007, 01:36 PM

Both were head down & born vaginally.

Full Time Student & Mommy to 3 princesses! 9/03, 2/07 & 2/07

Old 03-22-2007, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGirlieMama View Post
IlliniMom, you and I can be "full birth experience" buddies. Lillian was born vaginally no problem. Kate remained vertex but folded herself in half. At 29 weeks they were not about to risk waiting for her to unfold, or trying anything else other than a section. I decided to view it as my opportunity to one-up people during the "OMG, my delivery was so hard..." portion of baby showers forever.
Yeah, I figure when you add in the "internal version" and seeing the docs hands in me on the ultrasound, I will always win the "worst" delivery contest Tha being said, I am totally okay with my birth, so it was not the worst ever (just between us).
Old 03-22-2007, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HATAWA View Post
Mine were both delivered vaginally. Baby B was breach, but my OB turned her after Baby A was born
Ditto.

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)

User Tag List