Twin pregnancy funnies! - Mothering Forums
1 2 
Parenting Multiples > Twin pregnancy funnies!
DoomaYula's Avatar DoomaYula 04:13 PM 03-26-2007
Let's share some funny/embarrassing stories about our pregnancies with twins!

1. I had to eat a lot of protein, but I could not STAND the thought of cooking meat (and I was single) so I went out to eat a lot with my parents. Ha. Eventually I couldn't sit in a booth because the table would push into my tummy.

2. Yes, I rode a motorized scooter at Target. It was embarrassing, but it was the only way I could shop. :

3. Okay here's a post-partum one. Just after birthing my boys, I asked my mom to bring me some Vit E for my nipples, and also some stool softener for... well, you know! In my exhausted brain, guess which one I put on my nipples? THE STOOL SOFTENER! My kids were in the NICU for a week and I had to find the charge nurse and explain the situation, and she called one of the attendings and was like, "Yes, hello, I have a 2 days post partum mother who has been rubbing stool softener on her nipples and then breastfeeding... what is the protocol for that?" I wanted to DIE from embarrassment!

:

fyrebloom's Avatar fyrebloom 04:53 PM 03-26-2007
LOL that is just too funny! I ride the cart too when I'm really tired...course now Elliott rides with me and he things it's SOOOO fun LOL!
f&p'smama's Avatar f&p'smama 07:26 PM 03-26-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by YumaDoula View Post
"Yes, hello, I have a 2 days post partum mother who has been rubbing stool softener on her nipples and then breastfeeding... what is the protocol for that?" I wanted to DIE from embarrassment!

:
That is so, so funny.

I puked at Whole Foods a day or two before my girls were born. I felt pukey and walked in and smelled Indian food, which I hate, and yakked in a garbage can.
christyc's Avatar christyc 08:34 PM 03-26-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by YumaDoula View Post
"Yes, hello, I have a 2 days post partum mother who has been rubbing stool softener on her nipples and then breastfeeding... what is the protocol for that?"
OMG, that is the funniest thing I've heard!! I just laughed so hard that I'm still having trouble catching my breath.

No huge funnies here, yet, except for the fact that I seem to be shutting my belly in the door every time I use a public bathroom stall...

OHHHH, the other day I went to take a picture of the first AIO cloth diaper I've ever made (yay for diaperkits.com). I put the diaper on my bed, stood next to the bed and aimed my camera straight down toward the diaper. It took me a good 10-15 seconds to figure out that the striped blob on the bottom of the viewfinder obscuring the diaper was my shirt-- stretched tight over my big ol' belly. Oops!
michellyn's Avatar michellyn 09:34 PM 03-26-2007
I was at a buffet with my husband and two boys while pregnant with the twins. I was filling two plates--one for me, one for one of my sons. A man, trying to be funny, said, "I know you're eating for two, but isn't that a bit much?" I replied, "I'm eating for three!"
maxymum's Avatar maxymum 12:43 AM 03-27-2007
In my quest to turn my breech twin, I was burning the moxa stick outside in the backyard daily. My neighbors could smell it and all thought I was smoking pot!

On the operating table at the birth (the moxa didn't work), I played a trick on my dr and yelled out just as he started cutting me. Thankfully he has a terrific sense of humor!

(and yes, i was terribly upset when faced with the c-section, i just was trying to make the best of a sad situation)
Tigerchild's Avatar Tigerchild 01:48 AM 03-27-2007
I always thought that it was funny and annoying when people would ask 'are you due next week?' when I was 6 months along--and even more funny/annoying (depending on how crabby I was) when after 32 weeks people did not ask ANYTHING...they just STARED with their mouths hanging open.

I felt like I needed a wheelbarrow just to haul my belly around (and was skinnier everywhere else than I had been since I was a teen).
MamaRabbit's Avatar MamaRabbit 06:31 AM 03-28-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxymum View Post
In my quest to turn my breech twin, I was burning the moxa stick outside in the backyard daily. My neighbors could smell it and all thought I was smoking pot!
That happened to a friend here, only she did it in her apartment. Got a note slipped under her door that said they'd call the police next time they smelled pot. (Scary considering the drug laws here... didn't care about affect on baby). Moxa didn't work either.

So far the funniest thing is my 3.5 year old telling everyone that mommy has "two twins" but she makes it sound like there are 4 babies in there.

ChristyC, I hear you on those bathroom stall doors. And they don't have handicapped ones here.
michellyn's Avatar michellyn 09:04 PM 03-29-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRabbit View Post
So far the funniest thing is my 3.5 year old telling everyone that mommy has "two twins" but she makes it sound like there are 4 babies in there.
My 5yo liked to call mine "double-etlets"
mommymaemae's Avatar mommymaemae 03:39 AM 03-30-2007
We found out we were having twins at our first ultrasound. I brought the pics to work with me afterwards during lunch when some people were gathered around. I said "here's some pictures of the baby" and just as everyone started oooohhhhing I said "and here's pictures of the other baby". They literally screamed.

When I was about a week from giving birth I was headed into the chiropractor and some crunchy mamas were walking by with their babe (I think they were a same-sex couple) and one said "Whoa! Look at you!" so I of course explained that I was carrying two and one mama came right up and started feeling my belly. She said "oh, yeah, here's a head and here's another head!" She was actually feeling their butts, which I kept to myself
hergrace's Avatar hergrace 05:08 PM 03-30-2007
Can I join in even though I'm pregnant with triplets, not twins? My favorite story so far involves my 3.5 year old son, who has known about the triplets coming almost as long as I have.

I took him to a new church and left him in the child care with the other kids and two caregivers. I ran into one of the caregivers on my way to pick DS up after the service. I asked how DS had done and she gave a generic complimentary reply before continuing, "Do you have 2 cats?" I said "yes," wondering what she was getting at. She followed up with "We wondered, because he said he had 2 cats when one of the boys said he had a cat at home. Earlier, one of the other boys had said that his mommy had a baby in her belly, and he said his mommy had three babies in her belly." I simply said, "That's true, too." Her jaw dropped. The possibility that my son might have been telling the truth had never even crossed her mind, or that of the other caregiver.

Luckily, they had ignored my son's comment rather than suggesting he was lying, so it just became a funny story, not an issue.
Novella's Avatar Novella 04:33 AM 04-12-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hergrace View Post
"Do you have 2 cats?" I said "yes," wondering what she was getting at. She followed up with "We wondered, because he said he had 2 cats when one of the boys said he had a cat at home. Earlier, one of the other boys had said that his mommy had a baby in her belly, and he said his mommy had three babies in her belly." I simply said, "That's true, too." Her jaw dropped. The possibility that my son might have been telling the truth had never even crossed her mind, or that of the other caregiver.
: That's THE BEST!! Thanks for sharing.
christyc's Avatar christyc 10:42 AM 04-12-2007
2 days ago, we were in the store and I was riding my motorized scooter. Not too far into the store, the battery started to die. I didn't think it would make it all the way to the front without crapping out on me. My kids usually try to get behind me and push the scooter, and I always fuss at them to leave it alone. But with a dying battery, I told them to jump behind and push! My three children pushed that dying motorized scooter, with my big ol' preggo butt still sitting in it, to the front of the store, all the time with me hoping nobody I knew would see me!!
DoomaYula's Avatar DoomaYula 12:25 PM 04-12-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by christyc View Post
2 days ago, we were in the store and I was riding my motorized scooter. Not too far into the store, the battery started to die. I didn't think it would make it all the way to the front without crapping out on me. My kids usually try to get behind me and push the scooter, and I always fuss at them to leave it alone. But with a dying battery, I told them to jump behind and push! My three children pushed that dying motorized scooter, with my big ol' preggo butt still sitting in it, to the front of the store, all the time with me hoping nobody I knew would see me!!
BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA that must have been quite a sight!
Dena's Avatar Dena 12:35 PM 04-12-2007
Oooh, I have my first little chuckle to add from this pg...

I was interviewing an OB last week and a woman in the waiting room overheard me tell the receptionist I was having twins. She laughed and said, "you have TWO babies in that little belly?!?" I told her I was eleven weeks along. Her jaw dropped and she became oddly silent.

I am loving reading these - keep 'em coming!!
cdahlgrd's Avatar cdahlgrd 05:44 PM 04-12-2007
I was going in for NST's at the end, and the tech had a hard time finding the top baby. I said, "Well he flipped over last night, so you need to look higher up." She told me that twins can't change position after 30 weeks (I was 36). Finally she brought in an ultrasound to look. . . Sure enough, my head down babe was now breach and much higher.

She didn't say a work the next week when I told her he was head down again!!

I am going to be laughing about you ladies ALL DAY!!
kirk_heidi's Avatar kirk_heidi 01:01 AM 04-13-2007
I would burn my tummy every time I tried to cook.

I got so big that my stomach wouldn't stay in anything so for about 2 months (I only went to 34 weeks) I walked around with my big ol' belly hangin' out.

I had to stand over the toilet to shut the bathroom doors in public.

I had to lift up my belly and rock back and forth so I could pee. Once the pee started flowing I had to freeze (while still holding my belly up) until I was done or I had to do it all over again to get the flow started. Don't even get me started about bowel movements.

That is all I remember so far.
mama_at_home's Avatar mama_at_home 12:25 PM 04-13-2007
These stories are HILARIOUS! I so desperately wanted to ride those motorized scooters but I was too embarrassed. My dh would see me limping around the store in pain and would beg me to use it but I just couldn't. They looked like heaven though!

I also went to Taco Bell (yes, bad) with my friend and I could not fit behind the booth! I had to sit in the handicapped section that had chairs instead of booths. I have seen those booths since giving birth and I cannot believe I was that huge.

I had pubic symphisis pain so badly that it took me several minutes to get out of bed. I had to roll out of bed onto my birthing ball, bounce a few seconds and then stand up.

I got so big that I could barely fit behind the steering wheel of my car. I had to keep the seat scooted forward so my legs could reach, but I had to recline the seat so my belly would fit. My friend said I looked like a gansta driving around with my seat reclined so far I could barely reach the steering wheel.
fyrebloom's Avatar fyrebloom 02:32 PM 04-13-2007
i've had to stop doing laundry. I'm afraid of going down to the basement, because I can't see the stairs! I have to go down the stairs like a toddler... crawling backwards LOL
christyc's Avatar christyc 02:47 PM 04-13-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemelos View Post
I got so big that I could barely fit behind the steering wheel of my car. I had to keep the seat scooted forward so my legs could reach, but I had to recline the seat so my belly would fit. My friend said I looked like a gansta driving around with my seat reclined so far I could barely reach the steering wheel.

bikruca's Avatar bikruca 01:43 PM 04-14-2007
at the clinic I went to they would have a sudent come in first eery time.. so if it was one I hadn't met (usually) I would act all shocked when they started going over my chart and mentioned that it was twins.

lol

or I would act like I was there to verify the pregnancy at like 20+ weeks

I was such a loser
MamaRabbit's Avatar MamaRabbit 05:26 AM 04-15-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemelos View Post
These stories are HILARIOUS! I so desperately wanted to ride those motorized scooters but I was too embarrassed. My dh would see me limping around the store in pain and would beg me to use it but I just couldn't. They looked like heaven though!

I also went to Taco Bell (yes, bad) with my friend and I could not fit behind the booth! I had to sit in the handicapped section that had chairs instead of booths. I have seen those booths since giving birth and I cannot believe I was that huge.

I had pubic symphisis pain so badly that it took me several minutes to get out of bed. I had to roll out of bed onto my birthing ball, bounce a few seconds and then stand up.

I got so big that I could barely fit behind the steering wheel of my car. I had to keep the seat scooted forward so my legs could reach, but I had to recline the seat so my belly would fit. My friend said I looked like a gansta driving around with my seat reclined so far I could barely reach the steering wheel.
Stories like these make me want to have my camera ready at all times because I won't want to forget how crazy it was!
mommymaemae's Avatar mommymaemae 03:34 AM 04-17-2007
I have a post partum story...

My husband works on a TV show and one of the characters is pg with twins. As a favor to the show I sent them all my pg pics... we took an exposed belly profile pic every week or so throughout the pregnancy. My husband handed over the photos to some folks having a meeting in the next room dicussing wardrobe, etc and then went back to work. He just kept hearing them say over, and over "Holy sh*t" as they progressed through the photos.

I can't imagine the actress is too thrilled about being so huge, even though she is still smaller than she would be in real life!
Zwillingsmama's Avatar Zwillingsmama 10:01 AM 04-25-2007
I once knocked a toddler over with my huge belly in the checkout line.
I really didn't see him standing in front of me the whole time and so I knocked the poor kid down when I moved forward a little more.
I felt really bad and instead of crying he just looked at me and my belly in shock.

Another story was when I rode my bike to drop a letter in the mailbox down the street.
It was very stupid and careless of me to get on a bike, I know, but somehow at that time it felt easier than walking. Well, I learned my lesson, because the seat broke off in the middle of the street. Very embarrassing!

Public restroom stalls were also always a challenge. I was afraid to get stuck inside sometimes.
Novella's Avatar Novella 03:07 AM 07-05-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwillingsmama View Post
I once knocked a toddler over with my huge belly in the checkout line.
I really didn't see him standing in front of me the whole time and so I knocked the poor kid down when I moved forward a little more.
I felt really bad and instead of crying he just looked at me and my belly in shock.
Wonderful!

I just hoping to revive this thread - any twin mamas baking their babes can surely use the laugh.
Shuli's Avatar Shuli 05:31 AM 07-05-2007
These are sooo great!! Wonderful for a chuckle. I am not so big as I am carrying mostly inside, but I still can't believe how huge I am getting!

I remember one day a few weeks ago in the shower looking down and realizing that I couldn't see my feet! That was a shock to me.

Last night I tried doing dishes, but I couldn't because my belly wouldn't allow me to get close enough to the sink to rinse the dishes under the tap.

When I walk down the hall of our apartment, my darling dh, (when sensing I am ok with the humour) quacks like a duck because I waddle - hey, it's the most comfortable way to get around!!
DoomaYula's Avatar DoomaYula 01:17 PM 07-05-2007
I did actually BREAK A CHAIR during my twin pregnancy. I sat down in one of those cheap plastic chairs when I was at some kind of church function and CRACK -- I was on the floor. Again, wanted to die from embarrassment.

I still say nothing beats my stool softener on the nipples situation! :
fyrebloom's Avatar fyrebloom 02:07 PM 07-05-2007
You know, these aren't so funny when you're going through it :P. Getting in and out of bed is insane and i'm also carrying small.

About the only thing I can think of as funny is midriff. For the first time in my life, my tummy sticks out of my clothes! I'm wearing 2-3x and it doesn't matter, I still have either my tummy or a tummy panel showing, and personally I don't care LOL!

Oh and my DS has the bad habit of pulling my shirt ALL THE WAY UP so he can poke the babies (IE stick his finger as far into my belly button as he can). I have to be on guard or people get a real show.
mothtomany's Avatar mothtomany 07:04 PM 07-05-2007
I am having boy/girl twins and I have been asked a few time if they are identical or will look just a like (HELLO DUH) I don't know how they can look just a like.

Also I don't even know how people can check there self for dialation and all that because I am at the point of wiping my self after I go pee with my finger tips to reach with the TP or I have to try and reach under a leg.

I also ride the scooters at the store and it's funny because I make one of my big kids ride it back to the store after we load every thing in the truck. They fight each other because no one wants to do it they feal embarresed.
I have also crashed into stuff a few times with that thing b/c of trying to manuver around people that don't want to move for you. Broke open a box of Borox that fell off the shelf.

Shawnii
kirk_heidi's Avatar kirk_heidi 07:44 PM 07-05-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothtomany View Post
I am having boy/girl twins and I have been asked a few time if they are identical or will look just a like (HELLO DUH) I don't know how they can look just a like.
My boy/girl twins look nothing alike. For example one has blonde hair and blue eyes and the other has brown hair and brown eyes yet they still ask if they are identical! UMMMMM HELLLOOOOOO!!!!!
1 2 

Up