alone time with each one? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-10-2003, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey, all. I feel such a special, but different connection with each of my DSs. My interactions with each one are different if per chance one is awake while the other is not. They love each other so much, and enjoy each other's company. My question is, when is a good time to start alone time with each child, to further strengthen that bond and help develop their sense of individuality and feeling of specialness apart from being a twin? I think mine are still too young, but any thoughts?
#2 of 5 Old 06-12-2003, 12:38 PM

Cat,
Our twins are only 6 days apart! (,y girls were born on the 27th)

Anyway I've been thinking the same thing. I think it's time for DH & I to spend time alone with each of them... maybe on Saturdays, I'll take one out alone while he stays home, then we'll switch off.

I think it's a really good idea - a way for us to bond individually, for them to get alone time with daddy, and each other.

I'm not sure how well it will go with my younger daughter - whenever her sister's not around she constantly asks me, "mama, where ah-belle (annabelle) go?"

Still, I think this is a great ritual to start, esp with multiples...

p.s. I can't believe they're 2, either!!!
#3 of 5 Old 06-12-2003, 06:01 PM

Hi, Cat. I don't think your children are too young to be spending one-on-one time with your or your DH. My oldest dd was 27-months when her twin baby sisters were born. DH and I have made sure to spend lots and lots of special time with her...taking her by herself to the grocery store, playdates, etc. My babies are only 6-months old and I try to spend one-on-one time with them every day. I don't think it's ever too early to start.

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)
#4 of 5 Old 06-17-2003, 02:11 PM

Each one of our kiddos gets a special time with Mom and/or Dad every day. Sometimes, as a special treat, I'll take one twin or the other to Starbucks with me in the morning and have "coffee" with them. Natalie especially likes to do this. My mom will come by and snatch Duncan to take him to watch airplanes or she'll take Nellie to her house to play. Connor and Hunter get plenty of Mom and Dad time.
#5 of 5 Old 06-18-2003, 11:51 AM

I agree with everyone..never too early. my babies are only 3 months and we have a 2 1/2 year old. of course right now its most important to give individual attention to the 2 year old but one of the twins had to go to a doctors visit so i got a baby sitter for the 2 year old and the other twinl. it was a great time with just my one baby daughter, she smiled the whole time and loved being held the whole time without someone else demanding my attention. it felt like it as a huge break for me too to just have one.

this weekend i have a baby sitter for the twins and dh and i are taking my 2 year old to "finding Nemo" her first movie. i think she will be blown away to have both parents all to herself.

Angela: Catholic Homeschooling Mom to Sierra(11/00), twins Addison & Kendall(3/03), Jack(4/06), Brielle (7/08), Levi (2/2011); due with#7 (9/13). Birthed every witch way.....hospital. C section. VbAC. Unassisted water birth (hypno/painless). Assisted waterbirth to an almost 10lber! (Not painless!)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page