Cloth diapering... how did you do it with two? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-16-2007, 07:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Totally doable. It's really no more work than cding one baby. I just bought twice as many diapers. It's actually better than cding one, because now when I wash diapers, it's a full load instead of a little one so I feel like I'm wasting less energy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2007, 12:30 PM

I have twins and a 4 year old. I started CD'ing about a month or so ago. I do laundry every day or every other day. I do a load before I go to bed. And to be honest, it's a lot easier than I thought it would be!
Old 05-22-2007, 11:51 PM

Great thread! We used disposables the first week because we were in our temporary home, and also the second week because my recovery has been a little slow going (lots of bleeding, stitch just came out the other day). Anyway, now that I'm able to be up and do laundry and such, we switched to our cloth diapers today! :-) I'm loving having that soft fabric up against their little bottoms, and appreciated all the info here!

Wife of one and mom of five, including my HBAC twins!
Old 05-23-2007, 08:20 PM

everyone's pretty much covered the what if part of the question, so i'll just pipe in about the Bumgenius questions. I have the BG 2.0 one size-about 30 of them. They work great now that i figured out their wash needs (Allen's detergent-cook at 150 degrees in washer-strip with Dawn often).

I got one sample AIO of theirs and it taked FOREVER to dry. I guess i'm also not a fan of buying different sizes when you can have it all in one dipe. if only the fleece inners were available at the time i bought my stash. i think i would prefer fleece to the suedecloth.

it's all rather simple so far. we change them before every feeding, about 8-10 times a day. they're dry and i don't have to try to remember who was changed when.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:27 PM

I plan on CDing my boy/girl twins when they arrive in Oct. My mom was shocked at all of the new stuff they have now. Everyone else is also trying to guess when we'll give up on the CDing and switch to disposables. It's nice hearing so many twin moms were able to do it!

User Tag List