Twin A breech, Twin B vertex--undeliverable? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 40 Old 05-15-2007, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, another twin positioning question. We've made small (but inadequate) progress moving our son's feet off my cervix so our daughter, who's vertex can get into position. Our midwife has said that if they don't move substantially within the next 1.5 to 2 weeks (I'm at 37 wks now) we'll have to accept an c/section.

Does anyone have experience with this? Is the combined position of Twin A breech and Twin B vertex always undeliverable? The midwife has mentioned that their chins can lock.

Our twins are fraternal and placentas have not fused. Both are facing in toward the center with their backs at the sides of my uterus. The boy (thus far called Twin A) is a complete breech with his feet dangling over my cervix. The girl is vertex, but a bit off to my left side with her head toward my cervix (boy's feet are in her way).

We've been doing the head below knees exercise as seen on spinningbabies.com for 5-10 min. a day, also a supported bridge pose with DH massaging babes toward the positions they need to be in for delivery.

Any advice or shared experience would be welcome.

Thanks.
Tori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 40 Old 05-16-2007, 09:56 AM

I don't have any knowledge about this, but thought I'd just offer some support and bump so maybe someone else can respond...

Wife of one and mom of five, including my HBAC twins!
#3 of 40 Old 05-16-2007, 10:03 AM

Well my twins were like that. Twin A was feet down though and Twin B was vertex. My OB said that she would not deliver them that way for fear of the cord for Twin A getting tangled around her neck. I had a csection at 38wks. She didnt want me going into actual labor either since labor with my son was only a couple hours and very very fast.

Good Luck. And remember no mattter how your twins are delivered, its as long as they make it here safely that counts.
#4 of 40 Old 05-16-2007, 01:42 PM

My midwife had a list of things that would force you to be referred out to a doctor, and that was on the list. The risk to the babies is just too great. I hope he turns on his own soon.

Michelle G.
#5 of 40 Old 05-16-2007, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellyn View Post
The risk to the babies is just too great.
I've seen no research showing that.

My dh is an identical twin- he was first and breech, his brother vertex. Uncomplicated vaginal delivery.

-Angela
#6 of 40 Old 05-16-2007, 01:54 PM

I wouldn't say they are undeliverable that way BUT if you are planning a hospital birth I seriously doubt you will be able to find an ob to assist you in a vaginal birth with them in that possition. I hope they change possitions for you! My baby b flipped from breach to vertex at 36 weeks and I know other people who had babies switch late or durring birth. It doesn't seem like there is room in there but they can do it.
#7 of 40 Old 05-16-2007, 02:34 PM

I should have said, "She thought that the risk to the babies is just too great for her to deliver them at home." With the knowledge I had (mostly relying on her knowledge), I would not have felt comfortable taking what I perceived as a high risk. I'd love to hear about what studies have shown in this area (since I may have been ill informed). Could you share some?

Michelle G.
#8 of 40 Old 05-16-2007, 05:51 PM

Hi Tori.

My twins presented the same as yours at birth. Twin A was double footling breech and her brother was vertex. I also attempted to flip my dd by inversion, frozen peas and flashlights, as well as chiropractic, all to no avail. She was breech from 32 weeks on. At 38 weeks, she was footling, and a C-section was scheduled three days later.

I realize that C-sections, and particularly scheduled Cs are not looked upon with much favor here, but I made the decision that I felt was safest for me and my babies. I had a very quick labor with my second child, and I live an hour away from the hospital. I did not want their birth to become an emergency situation.

Regarding studies and the like - you will be hard-pressed to find much research on the subject. Most OBs do not support vaginal birth for breech first twins, and it would be almost impossible to find a doctor to support a footling breech first twin birth. A midwife might attend one, but those whom I interviewed would not.

Most of the research I studied re: first twin breech births compared neonatal and maternal morbidity outcomes between C-sections and vaginal births, and found little difference between the two. However, none of the studies I read made allocations for type of breech presentations. They were just vertex and non-vertex. Because my dd, like your twin A, was presenting footling breech, that position brings a whole new set of consequences, including increased risk of cord prolapse and head entrapment.

Let me emphasize that I was not uneducated and I was not pressured by my doctor to have a C-section. In fact, my doctor was recommended to me by midwives I had interviewed because of his natural approach to birth. He was completely in support of a natural vaginal birth for my twins, and would have supported a breech first twin birth (rare, indeed) had she been frank breech.

If anyone has read reserach that supports footling or complete breech/vertex twin birth I would love to see it.

ETA: I just re-read the op and realized that your twin A is not footling, but complete. Same risks apply to both positions, however.
#9 of 40 Old 05-16-2007, 10:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I know chiropractors and accupuncturists have some things that might help a baby turn. Might want to find a good chiro or accupuncturist.

My midwife has said that she will do vaginal regardless of position and she also has a family practice doc that will do the same. I am hoping I won't have the need for that though.

Good luck, I hope baby A turns or you can get the vertex one into position!

Andrea mommy to G(2/97), S : (1/04), E & J (7/07)
#10 of 40 Old 05-16-2007, 11:46 PM

my twins were still turning up till the last week and i went into labor at 40 weeks. i was trying EVERYTHING... pulsatilla (most movement), chiro, acupuncture, inversion... mine ended up breech/breech and i had c-section but the week before they were breech/vertex. in fact, i forget which week?, but sometime after 34 weeks my baby A and baby B switched spots and baby B was in position to come first. sooo, just wanted to let you know that movement is def possible this late in the game for you! best best best wishes on a great delivery!!!

just wanted to add...
i had some great advice from my chiro to try to labor as long as possible even if c-section was likely. as long as things look good and healthy, the contractions help their bodies, lungs, possibly positioning and the hormones of labor help prepare babies as well. not very scientific, i forget all the facts but i labored at home for as long as i could before going to hospital to find them breech/breech. i really searched hard to find out more about this, just have to dig a bit!
paige
#11 of 40 Old 05-17-2007, 12:36 AM

My midwife (and I) would've been fine with a vaginal birth for a breech Twin A--basically for the same reasons we'd be fine with a vaginal breech singleton.

I found this recent study:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum

and these:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_DocSum

IMO, the biggest factor determining a good outcome is choice in care provider (skills, confidence, experience).
#12 of 40 Old 05-17-2007, 12:50 AM

I saw a perinatologist toward the end of my pregnancy who suggested I could try a vaginal birth with my Twin A presentation if I went in for a CT scan of my pelvis to make sure it was wide enough for a breech baby to pass through. He was an older doctor and South African, so I assumed he trained in a time and place in which surgical birth was less common.

I didn't follow up on it because I was like 34 weeks or so and it seemed like a lot to go through and prepare for when I'd already accepted a C-section, if Twin A did not turn.

We thought she was in a frank breech position, but when they did the surgery, they said she was transverse. I don't know if she moved at the very end, of if we'd been wrong in thinking she was frank breech.

SAHM to F & P, : fraternal twins born 3/05, : I, born 12/07 & at 5 weeks in July 2009
#13 of 40 Old 05-17-2007, 12:50 AM

Thanks for the link to that article. Though the morbidity rate was the same, note that more than half of the women allowed to try vaginal births also ended up with C-sections. I still think I'd be afraid to try a homebirth in this scenario.
#14 of 40 Old 05-17-2007, 04:13 AM

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned homeopathic pulsatilla. Babies don't have much room to turn at this point, but the pulsatilla works for a lot of women.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#15 of 40 Old 05-17-2007, 11:42 AM

The studies linked in a pp are the ones I found as well. Notice they don't mention type of breech presentation. I also would have been comfortable with a vaginal birth of my twins had twin A been frank breech.

This study specifically mentions footling presentation:

#16 of 40 Old 05-17-2007, 12:16 PM

I don't have twins, but my son was breech until about 36 weeks (and 10 lbs) so not a lot of "wiggle room" in there. I realize it's not exactly the same but some things I tried...
homeopathic pulsatilla
moxabustion, acupuncture
Webster Technique (chiropractic)
Handstands in the pool, floating, swimming
Squats
The Ironing Board technique

I'd think it would be worth a call to the MWs at The Farm to see what their take on the presentations is since they have had so many successful vaginal twin deliveries. Maybe they have some advice or insight none of us have thought about yet?
#17 of 40 Old 05-17-2007, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellyn View Post
Thanks for the link to that article. Though the morbidity rate was the same, note that more than half of the women allowed to try vaginal births also ended up with C-sections. I still think I'd be afraid to try a homebirth in this scenario.

Just because 1/2 of the women got c-sections does not mean they needed them
#18 of 40 Old 05-17-2007, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahloughmiller View Post
Just because 1/2 of the women got c-sections does not mean they needed them
This whole discussion is a bit odd for me. I gave birth to my twins at home, even after a friend informed me that to do so was "irresponsible." Both were vertex and had separate placentas (so no TTTS), so it seemed reasonably safe. All went well (first arrived as an unplanned UC), and both were very healthy.

I have a friend whose (singleton) baby had shoulder dystocia and died in a homebirth. I would not wish her agony on anyone. While I know that such complications are rare, I do not want to paint a rosier picture of possible complications to a fellow twin mom. At the same time, she must decide for herself which risks are acceptable for her and her babies (just as I had to).

I remember reading somewhere (a year or more ago) that C-section rates for the Farm were about 2%. It reminded me that some C-sections really are necessary. Unfortunately, more are necessary when doctors/midwives don't know how to handle this sort of situation--regardless of whether someone can do it, your risks go up if that person can't. Anyway, maybe I'm just speaking from fear. I don't know. I'm hoping the baby will turn soon and make all our discussion unnecessary.

Michelle G.
#19 of 40 Old 05-17-2007, 02:13 PM

I remember reading somewhere (a year or more ago) that C-section rates for the Farm were about 2%. It reminded me that some C-sections really are necessary.

Oh, sure. Some c-sections are necessary. No one's arguing that. But a 50% c-section rate for twins is ludicrous.

The thing is, thousands of women have c-sections EVERY single day because of a breech baby. Most of those surgeries could be avoided with the right care provider. Same goes for twins. IMO, that's what it all boils down to.

Finding the right care provider doesn't mean the risks go away. They never do. But they can surely be minimized and brought to a level of acceptable when you find a care provider that has a broader range of skills, confidence, and experience: one who doesn't automatically sound the alarms at the first sign of "variation".
#20 of 40 Old 05-17-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthjunkie View Post
I remember reading somewhere (a year or more ago) that C-section rates for the Farm were about 2%. It reminded me that some C-sections really are necessary.

Oh, sure. Some c-sections are necessary. No one's arguing that. But a 50% c-section rate for twins is ludicrous.
I agree completely (which is why I had my twins at home). But we're not talking about 50% for twins in this thread. We're talking about twins in this specific presentation (baby a breech, baby b vertex). The cord issues can be more complicated. What is a reasonable rate for this presentation?

Also, unfortunately, very few doctors/midwives have experience with this presentation. Her midwife doesn't feel she can't deliver twins in this presentation. My midwife, a big homebirth advocate, doesn't recommend a homebirth in this presentation (and she's done lots of singleton breeches and baby b breeches). It's hard to find someone skilled and experienced in this area, especially in this short amount of time.

Anyway, I really didn't mean to make this an argument. I hope we can agree to disagree. Mostly my fear talking.

Michelle G.
#21 of 40 Old 05-17-2007, 04:00 PM

Ok so all this unnecessary csection talk got me thinking. Twin A for me was footling breech and my OB told me that if I tried a vaginal birth that the cord could possibly wrap around the neck of twin a and cause a problem. I opted for the c/s out of safety for my daughter. I didnt want anything bad to happen just because I really wanted a vaginal birth..I wouldnt have been able to live with the guilt. I was upset that I had to have a csection, especially after delivering my son vaginally with no drugs, however, my OB was adamant that delivering a footling breech baby was dangerous. She is also one of the best OB's in the area.
#22 of 40 Old 05-17-2007, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliviabolivia View Post
Regarding studies and the like - you will be hard-pressed to find much research on the subject. Most OBs do not support vaginal birth for breech first twins, and it would be almost impossible to find a doctor to support a footling breech first twin birth.
This is, IMO, the crux of the matter. There are a lot of doctors walking around saying, "Can't do. . ." simply because they have no knowledge of it. Sometimes, answers do just leap up in your face, but other times you have to ask the question first. Unfortunately, there isn't enough "asking" going on about multiple births b/c there are strong social and financial incentives for doctors to stick within their comfort zones and do c-sections.

This doesn't make your decision any easier. Whatever the reason for it, that's the climate we are in and it will be hard/impossible to find a birth attendent to agree to work with you for a vaginal delivery.

Early on in my twin pregnancy, I did a lot of reading about presentations, simply on a "what if" basis. This idea of breech-vertex twins interlocking chins was a top fear mentioned everywhere - and almost nowhere was it quantified. I looked FOREVER for a number. Finally found one - sorry don't have the online reference. It had been from that famous Obstetric's text (you know, sounds like the surname of a british guy). Anyway the number was so low, that in my personal opinion it was a risk well-worth undertaking to avoid the known complications of c-section for both mom and babe(s).

My twins ended up presenting vertex-footling breech. I got all the same stories about "can't". This included arguing with the doctor at delivery who was saying I was, "making bad choices for my baby" and telling me we had to do a breech delivery a certain way because that was the only way she knew how to do it. I said, "Oh, how many have you done?" Answer: Zero. So much for what she was claiming to know (with such airs of authority)! (As an aside: If anyone is reading between the lines and wondering why I was finding out at delivery that the attending doc had no breech experience, it's b/c it went so quick that I didn't make it to the intended hospital).

The pre-natal and delivery fighting with docs for a vaginal birth was absolutely agonizing. Nice to deal with accusations of being a nihilist and wishing death upon your baby and all that!

If I had been in your shoes, I would have done as I did with my vertex-breech:
1. Planned to birth in a hospital (couldn't get a midwife).
2. Hunted and changed providers to find one with breech experience.
3. Decline her recommendations for epidural, IV, constant monitoring, immediate total breech extraction of Twin B, etc.
4. Bring along 2 support people: to help me emotionally & physically, while still having help to observe what the medical staff are doing and object/draw my attention to it if necessary.

What I would have changed if mine were breech-vertex (and some of this comes from hindsight):
5: make sure your support person is very familiar with the common interventions in breech delivery and what you do or don't agree with. I would think that if Twin A is breech, they would get that much more jumpy to "get in there" and "facilitate the delivery" in such a way that leads to the common breech birth injuries, even more swiftly than if Twin B is breech (since they are worried about second baby).
6. Relocate closer to the planned hospital so I would be certain to get to the breech-experienced doc even if labour was fast. (but I would NOT go in early in labour unless I thought something was wrong).

Someone said something in one of the early replies in the common sentiment, "doesn't matter how they are delivered, as long as you have healthy mom/babies at the end". I vehemently disagree: in these sentiments, "healthy" usually means, "Mom will recover physically - eventually. Spiritual health, huh?" and "Babies are out, breathing, possibly recovering from drugs, possibly with injuries from a traumatic birth. Spiritual health? C'mon, it's just a young baby". I think we should be setting our standards of "health" a lot higher.

Good luck with your decision/search etc.

Six kids, sixth sense, six degrees of separation. . . from sanity!
Not sure that I'm crunchy, but definitely a "tough chew".
#23 of 40 Old 05-17-2007, 08:03 PM

Well, since her first twin is not just breech, but complete breech, 1: it will probably be impossible to find a hospital in which to attempt her vaginal birth, and 2: She's 37 weeks with twins, so it's unlikely she will be able to find a doc who is knowledgeable or experienced with breech and who will take her on this late in the game. My doc was experienced and supportive, but still would not assist with a footling breech twin A.

Absolutely there are too many C-sections for twin births. Half of all twin births should not be surgical. Nobody is arguing that point. However, there are times when a C-section is safer for the mother and babies - and footling/complete breech twin A is one of those times. Yes, there are risks with C-sections, but the risks associated with vaginal birth in those situations are higher.
#24 of 40 Old 05-17-2007, 09:13 PM

My twin A was a complete breech, and twin B was breech/transverse. I couldn't find anyone who would even come close to considering assisting me with a vaginal delivery. The c-section was very traumatic for me. I just KNEW that I could have delivered them vaginally. Of course, I was also scared (and that's probably what kept me from driving to the farm or something like that), and didn't want to do anything "unsafe." But the c-section definitely still haunts me because I feel like it was unnecessary. I ended up with a second c-section for my singleton (totally unrelated), and I believe that that one WAS necessary. The emotional healing has been so much easier since I truly believe that the c-section saved my baby's life. With my twins, I felt like they were ripped out of me when they would have otherwise come out fine all on their own.

Anyway, I would not say that your babies are necessarily "undeliverable" at all, but I'm not at all surprised that you can't find anyone willing to assist you with a vaginal birth. I'm sorry. I hope your twin A makes way for twin B soon!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#25 of 40 Old 05-17-2007, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Well, here's what I've found out so far talking to some of the top midwives/experts around the country with extensive vaginal twin birth experience.

If I could travel (or afford to fly in and pay for a midwife from out of state) there are a number of people out there who have experience with breech/vertex twin deliveries, including the very rare complication of locked twins. A Utah midwife has a technique that has worked to separate them during labor.

The midwives I've talked with agree that if Twin A is a footling breech (our boy is complete breech right now) that's a big risk for cord prolapse. However, complete or frank breech presentation wouldn't be a problem as the bottom can plug the cervix. Obviously this requires that the attending midwife has experience with these presentations. My current midwife has dealt with breech/breech, various twins and even face presentations, but never the possibility of the chins locking. So we have to deal with what she knows. (And the fact that very few HCPs here in Florida will even consider vaginal births for twins or breeches. We'll only have an OB/hospital birth if a c/section is necessary.)

Interestingly they've all encouraged me to wait for labor to begin (which is my inclination as well), but also advised me to have an experienced person near to monitor labor as twins can sometimes come more quickly. They're not suggesting checking into the hospital in early labor, but rather, having my midwife(s) accessible.

Right now there's a question as to whether it would be more efficient to:

A) try to move Twin B (our vertex girl on my left) back up a little so that Twin A (our complete breech boy) can settle more solidly into my pelvis.

or

B) try to move Twin A (our complete breech boy) back up a little, so that Twin B (our vertex girl on my left) can settle head down into my pelvis in which case she would become the presenting twin A.

We haven't been trying to get Twin A to flip entirely because we'd been told that is much more difficult that simply shifting the two twins' positions slightly.

We've been working at option B since having the presenting twin vertex will make both our midwife and the back up OB happier. However, our midwife has said she doesn't have a problem with Twin A being breech as long as he's frank or complete (no footling) and Twin B isn't vertex with her chin down her his.

Many thanks to everyone who has shared her experience, links to resources and moral support. It means a lot to me.

Manitoba Mom, You described my feelings very clearly--while we obviously all want healthy babies, it DOES matter how they get here, not just to us but to the babies too. Thank you for saying that because sometimes it gets difficult to hold my ground when I'm being accused of selfishly wanting a natural, vaginal birth.

MamaRabbit, I've tried pulsatilla (two days @ 30C) though I've been told that 200X is more effective but impossible to get w/o a prescription so we're looking into whether that's possible.

Also going for acupuncture, chiro and swimming in the ocean on saturday...

A tangent, but maybe relevant...

There's no question that few OBs have the training and experience to handle vaginal births of breeches or twins in almost any position(s). The OB we were going to work with (and who referred us and got the birth center to accept us) has experience with twins. She very honestly told me that as a doctor she doesn't have the power to override certain hospital policies and there was no way I would have even a chance at the kind of birth I want in the hospital. She lost her privileges at one hospital for delivering 7 sets of twins vaginally in one year. The hospital claimed it was too risky (in spite of healthy babies in every case!) and that the higher c/section revenue should be a guarantee with twins.:

When I first envisioned this birth (back when we thought we were having one baby) it was to be a very private, spiritual experience (DH and me with our midwife at home). The journey this pregnancy has initiated, however, has made me feel much more open to who might be present for the experience. I'm troubled that, at least in my area, it's only the older, retired OBs who have any respect for and experience with vaginal deliveries other than the simplest and most straightforward. It's such a loss for all of us that so few are learning to carry that wisdom forward. If I'm able to manage a vaginal birth for my babies I want to share it with people who will use the experience to help other women bring their babies into the world without the threat of unnecessary surgery.
#26 of 40 Old 05-17-2007, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

Birthjunkie & OliviaBolivia,
Thanks SO much for posting those links!
xo T
#27 of 40 Old 05-18-2007, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torio View Post
I'm troubled that, at least in my area, it's only the older, retired OBs who have any respect for and experience with vaginal deliveries other than the simplest and most straightforward. It's such a loss for all of us that so few are learning to carry that wisdom forward. If I'm able to manage a vaginal birth for my babies I want to share it with people who will use the experience to help other women bring their babies into the world without the threat of unnecessary surgery.
My OB and I were just talking about how sad it is that the legal profession has ruined obstetrics. It's very sad that a medical professional who is capable facilitating the kind of birth you want isn't allowed to because of fear of lawsuits and money.

Anyway, I hope your little one turns or makes way! You're in my thoughts.

SAHM to F & P, : fraternal twins born 3/05, : I, born 12/07 & at 5 weeks in July 2009
#28 of 40 Old 05-18-2007, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliviabolivia View Post
. . .there are times when a C-section is safer for the mother and babies - and footling/complete breech twin A is one of those times. Yes, there are risks with C-sections, but the risks associated with vaginal birth in those situations are higher.
How do you/we know this?

I could find no relevent studies about outcomes of Breech Twin A (Doctors have to allow the event to take place to be able to study the outcome!).

Even in my own situation (Twin A vertex, Twin B double-footling breech) I couldn't find relevent studies. We were open to our doctor's recommendation of immediate total breech extraction of Twin B if objective evidence supported it, but not simply on the basis of "just because that's how we do it". Our OB was pretty desperate to convince us: and the best she could come up with were the studies that compare vaginal vs c-section for vertex-vertex twins, and a study of outcomes of singleton breech babies in developing countries in Africa.

I'm not picking on you Oliviabolivia. I just think we need to be very careful when we are claiming it's superior to interrupt nature's processes - unless we have carefully-conducted, scientific evidence to support.

Just think back to so many birth interventions that have come and gone: I'm pretty sure that when moms were getting knocked out in "twilight sleep" and having drug-dazed babies dragged out with forceps that doctors were telling women it was because it was better/safer.

Six kids, sixth sense, six degrees of separation. . . from sanity!
Not sure that I'm crunchy, but definitely a "tough chew".
#29 of 40 Old 05-18-2007, 01:55 PM

I was actually surfing the net on this the other day (my twin A has thus far wanted to stay breech, but I'm only 30 weeks so I suppose he could turn, and I hope he does), and I found this article, FWIW: http://www.atypon-link.com/WDG/doi/a...urnalCode=jpme

I do acknowledge that it is not a randomized controlled study, but rather an after the fact review of what happened in several instances of breech twin As who were delivered vaginally. And out of thirty-five vaginal deliveries, there was one death. And you can't prove that the traumatic delivery that caused the death of that one baby would not have occured if he/she had been vertex intially. But I share the study just to show there is something out there, however sketchy.

I'm not advocating either view, just pointing to one item I found out there. It would be interesting to pull this afticle up in pubmed and then see if any "related articles" show up. I haven't actually done a pubmed search on this topic, just google.

But my Peri and my health plan won't allow a vaginal delivery if my twin A remains breech.
#30 of 40 Old 05-18-2007, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexbeach View Post
My twin A was a complete breech, and twin B was breech/transverse. I couldn't find anyone who would even come close to considering assisting me with a vaginal delivery. The c-section was very traumatic for me. I just KNEW that I could have delivered them vaginally. Of course, I was also scared (and that's probably what kept me from driving to the farm or something like that), and didn't want to do anything "unsafe." But the c-section definitely still haunts me because I feel like it was unnecessary. I ended up with a second c-section for my singleton (totally unrelated), and I believe that that one WAS necessary. The emotional healing has been so much easier since I truly believe that the c-section saved my baby's life. With my twins, I felt like they were ripped out of me when they would have otherwise come out fine all on their own.

Anyway, I would not say that your babies are necessarily "undeliverable" at all, but I'm not at all surprised that you can't find anyone willing to assist you with a vaginal birth. I'm sorry. I hope your twin A makes way for twin B soon!

Lex

my twins were the same- breech and breech/transverse and NO ONE would let me vbac twins in this position. I tried to find someone and it didnt happen. Twin A ended up in the nicu w/ collapsed lung for 5 days b/c of fluids, but twin B was happy and healthy and fine. The c/sec went very smoothly though and I have no regrets, because I couldnt change it anyway. now we are DONE having babies!

Danielle

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page