vomiting in late pregnancy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-16-2007, 03:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi All,

I'm 30 weeks with twins and during past week have had 3-4 vomiting episodes, usually after or during dinner. My indigestion has been worse, so not sure if this is severe reflux due to the indigestion or what. I think part of it is that there is less room in my tummy now as babes have grown. I'll often feel very hungry before dinner, then not be able to eat much or have to eat very slowly for lack of room, and then be more sensitive/queasy at same time. Morning sickness passed long ago, so what's up?

Did other experience this? Any explanation? I see Peri on Thurs, so will of course ask her, too.

Thanks,
Anamom
#2 of 9 Old 05-16-2007, 09:57 AM

I didn't have vomiting, exactly, just severe indigestion/reflux and had a few episodes of (TMI warning here...) burping and then feeling like a bit had come back up (if you've ever seen 'Dodgeball'--we had a running joke that I "just threw up a little in my mouth.") I chalked it up to not having much room left in my stomach--I carried my twins (and my singleton) more on the inside than other women, i.e. I didn't stick out much, so I think that explained it for me.

Cindi, mama to Hannah (7/04) :, Eli & Sam (6/06) :
#3 of 9 Old 05-16-2007, 01:38 PM

I didn't have vomiting, but I found that I had to eat smaller, more frequent meals rather than large ones. I found that most starches were more than I could handle at the time (they filled me up too fast).

Michelle G.
#4 of 9 Old 05-16-2007, 01:56 PM

I never had indigestion or heatburn or anything like that but I did start vomiting again in the last few weeks of my pregnany. My body was so exhausted and I guess it was just it's way of saying it was done or something.
#5 of 9 Old 05-16-2007, 04:16 PM

i'm about as far along as you and i'm definatly a bit refluxy, although no vomitting *touch wood*. Definatly ask your Peri since I know that nausea/vommitting late in pregnancy can be caused by something else (i want to say anemia, but I'm not sure)

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
#6 of 9 Old 05-16-2007, 06:30 PM

Yes, I never vomited in the first tri but did in the last few weeks of my pregnancy, too. A few times. Once was from bingeing on grape juice. (I swear I craved insane amounts of grape juice, but that pretty much ended it. ) And the other two times were from smells, moldy oranges and Indian food.

Double check with your peri, though, and let us know what s/he says.

SAHM to F & P, : fraternal twins born 3/05, : I, born 12/07 & at 5 weeks in July 2009
#7 of 9 Old 05-16-2007, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellyn View Post
I didn't have vomiting, but I found that I had to eat smaller, more frequent meals rather than large ones. I found that most starches were more than I could handle at the time (they filled me up too fast).

Michelle G.
I've vomited twice, but I attributed it to exactly this. The glottis just doesn't stay closed the way it used to and stomach is too small to hold much at one time.

I've also occasionally felt a little nauseous in the morning if I don't have a snack (glass of milk, yoghurt or something) in the middle of the night. I was told that when your blood sugar gets low nausea is common. Of course I have to sleep propped up after my snack or it would end up in my mouth again, as a PP so eloquently put it!
#8 of 9 Old 05-16-2007, 09:20 PM

I vomited throughout my pregnancy including one spectacular episode the day of delivery. It was considered normal - though not by the nurses who had to clean the bathroom.
#9 of 9 Old 05-25-2007, 06:11 PM

I didn't puke at all in the first trimester. In the 2nd, I puked probably 10-15 times total. And it seems that in the 3rd (I'm 31~ weeks currently), I puke a couple of times a week, but it's rarely a lot. I've only gotten down to bile once. It's always in the morning and my guess is that it will go away once I quit work next week and am able to take my time in the morning, as well I should!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page