Mothering Forum banner

Breech Transverse :(

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Zadee 
#1 ·
My girls are still not in a good position. I've been doing Chiropractic (webster technique), moxibustion, rebozo "jiggling", and handstands to get them to move, but they haven't budged for a month. They still have lots of fluid around them, but I'm wondering what else I can do. They are both almost transverse, but A's butt is presenting, and B is slightly headdown, but mostly transverse across the top of my belly. I tried to go on spinning babies but it's down for maintainance. Anyone have any ideas on flipping two nearly transverse babies?

#4 ·
Mine sound a lot like yours, Fyrebloom. At 32 weeks now, A hasn't shown up vertex on weekly U/S since 25 weeks. A sits with his butt on my cervix, head sort of off to side. And B manages to go from mostly transverse to mostly vertex, but that doesn't do us much good when A continues to sit on my cervix (and kick the heck out of my bladder). They have plenty of fluid, but since they haven't moved a whole lot for the last 7 weeks, my doc thinks it seems increasingly unlikely. And I can't try a lot of contortions to change things since I'm on strict bedrest. I really don't want a C-section, but looks like that may be in the cards. But since I've also had preterm labor, what I want to avoid even more than a c-section is early babies (still, the c-section recovery scares me, as does taking care of newborn twins while recovering, not to mention the lack of involvement in the birth and the less than ideal birth circumstances).

May we be pleasantly surprised by our baby A's turning vertex!

#5 ·
Mine were almost exactly in those positions from like 20 weeks on. I tried EVERYTHING. The weird thing was they always had plenty of fluid and room to move as I am loooong waisted, but apparently just liked those positions. Very frustrating. I hope you have better luck. I will send you positive moving babies energy.

#7 ·
Mine were like Anasmom's--Baby A breech from about 25 wks on and Baby B trying so hard to get vertex, but A's butt and feet in her way. When A finally moved he went posterior and stuck one foot and one knee down into my cervix.
So we had the c/section that I SOOO didn't want.

On the bright side my twins are now 13 days old. I'm up and around, though not entirely w/o pain and we've been nursing like champions as soon as the hospital would let me have them. I'm not happy about missing out on a natural birth, but we're really doing well in spite of the surgery. My babes were at exactly 38 weeks and never had to go to the NICU.

My advice, (to myself too!), would be to prepare just in case you do need the c/section. If you have your own OB lined up, the pediatrician and nursery on board with your birth plan, etc. it will be a much better experience than I had.

I went into urgent care at the maternity ward because Baby A pressed so hard he stopped my right kidney from functioning. Give me labor pain any day.

In any case I'm sending good positioning thoughts to those of you who are still hoping. I've been told that babes, even twins, can continue to move right up into labor.

xo

#9 ·
Well I *think* They may have flipped appropriately, but it's so hard to tell who's parts are whos. I've been feeling hark kicks up high and little tickles down low. *fingers crossed!*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.