difficulty walking at end of pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-10-2007, 04:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 37w5d and today I suddenly can't walk very well at all due to pressure in my hips and pelvis. It is hard to raise my legs to walk. Baby A is breech but feels very low. Is this likely due to dropping of baby A somehow? Did others experience this painful stiffness in pelvis, hips and legs that made it very hard to walk at the end? Is there just too much baby in the way?

Thanks,
Anamom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2007, 02:27 PM

I didn't, but I can see how it could. I just wanted to say congratulations for making it to 37 w 5 d. You're almost there! Take it easy and try to get a little rest now.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:01 PM

Yes, I too had trouble walking. I found shuffling was easier. It wasn't so much painful, as it literally felt like the babies were falling out of me. Yet, I went to 39 weeks with no labor. It was just extremely uncomfortable.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:03 PM

lol! I'm 37w5d today, too! and YES baby A is low enough now to cause issue with walking and whatnot. It's not too bad for me pressure-wise, but Monkey (baby A) has discovered a couple of nerve bunches that occasionally get triggered by where her(?) body is. And when I sit up in bed now, I literally have to move my belly out of the way so that my legs can get into a position to get the rest of me off the bed.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaMom View Post
Did others experience this painful stiffness in pelvis, hips and legs that made it very hard to walk at the end? Is there just too much baby in the way?
AnaMom, you are nearing the finish line! Yes, I too had incredible pain in my hips, knees, and ankles that made it difficult to walk for months - but worsening slightly in the last 6 weeks or so. It was worst when I had been laying down - like watching an aging arthrithic trying to get their body working again after a nap.

Fortunately, it all vapourized instantly once I delivered.

Six kids, sixth sense, six degrees of separation. . . from sanity!
Not sure that I'm crunchy, but definitely a "tough chew".
Old 07-12-2007, 01:27 PM

ALL of my lower ligaments hurt tremendously. Walking is very painful as is rolling in bed and standing upright. I have perfected the waddle

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
Old 07-12-2007, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just started waddling. Just so stiff, especially my hips and pubic bones. My lower ligaments feel so tight, almost like pulled muscle. Ah, yes, the end is in sight!

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

Old 07-12-2007, 07:43 PM

I would have to push babies back to the middle of my tummy (vs. off to the side!!) to get my balance back, when I got up out of bed . I would also get stuck and couldn't move. That continued for awhile after they were born. Everything was sooo loose that I just couldn't get my body to move in the direction I needed it to go, especially out of bed!!

I couldn't make it around the outside of the grocery store by about 35 weeks! It hurt too much. I had a separated pubic bone. . .OUCH!! That felt much better as soon as they were born.

You are almost there ladies!! Congratulations!!

Courtney wife to geek.gif and mom to 4 boys: chicken3.gif   . I need caffix.gif !
They're not typos. . . I can't spell!
Old 07-13-2007, 05:43 AM

Have you thought about going to a chiropractor?
Old 07-13-2007, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommymaemae View Post
Have you thought about going to a chiropractor?

I did that when I was PG with my twins....it helped alot, but it sent me into labor almost everytime...not a good thing at the time.

I delivered at 32 weeks, but I had begun to feel the pain, and difficulty with walking...mainly my hips, dr said it was how the boys were sitting spreading my hips out further. They were both breech and siting crossed legged...we all said they were protesting
Old 07-13-2007, 09:58 AM

I see a chiropracter religiously.... it helps for a day or so and keeps me from getting REALLY bad, but I still hurt and waddle alot. Che Sera.

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif

User Tag List