You might be the mother of multiples if... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 08-27-2007, 03:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyjoe View Post
I absolutely can't stand the "Are they twins?" question. I should just get over it, but every time I'm asked I give the person the, "Are you dumb?" look before I answer. Maybe I should just say, "Are you dumb?"

Lets see, they look the same, same size, usually dressed the same (get less questions) and are in a double stoller.

Nope. Not twins We had this one cloned. Or maybe it was this one....
Now see, I have girls a year apart and I spent most of their toddlerhood saying, "no, they are not twins". I was asked constantly. I even once had a flight attendant make a PSA for everyone to clear the aisle b/c "we have a mom flying alone with twins". I felt obligated to tell everyone as I shlepped them down the aisle on either hip, "no, they aren't twins, they're a year apart..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 33 Old 08-27-2007, 05:32 PM

When you just start saying yes (instead of trying to explain that its impossible) when people ask if your girl/boy twins are identical.

-The dumbest conversation I've ever had......Are they twins? YES A girl and a boy huh? YES Wow, he is a lot bigger than her isn't he? YES Can you tell them apart??????

I couldn't even answer.....I was so shocked that someone could be that dumb.
#33 of 33 Old 08-27-2007, 06:41 PM

When my twins were newborns and riding in a double stroller, I got asked at the mall if they were twins. I looked at her and said "Nope. It was buy one get one free day at the hospital." and kept on going!

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page