Grandma and naked boys - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-27-2007, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Why is it that every time dh and I go out and leave the boys with his parents we come back and at least one of the babies is undressed? I don't get... it doesn't really bother me, I just don't understand what the deal is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2007, 06:47 PM

For some reason my mom does the same thing. Granted, it's been really hot lately, but even if it's not hot they are usually stripped down to diapers. I think it's just less hassle for her when they get their clothes dirty. I think she doesn't want to mess with putting clean ones on!
Old 08-27-2007, 11:49 PM

OMG - LOL!! You're bringing back memories.

When ours were younger, everytime we left them for a couple of hours with the grandparents we would come back and they'd just be in diapers (even in the winter). I think things just happened and snow-balled and before they know what happened, getting clothes on the kids became the least of their concerns.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:52 PM

I remember my parents doing this when my 5 year old was younger. My husband and I weren't really comfortable with nakedness and weren't really sure what the "rules" were so it made us uncomfortable. My second son is almost 3 and strips every time he uses the bathroom. Its difficult getting him dressed while chasing him, so its easier leaving him naked. We have become much more comfortable with it now. Hopefully he'll stop doing this by the time he goes to college.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:36 AM

LOL - my husband could say the same thing about me and our girls - every time he leaves me alone with them, he comes home and someone is nakey - my girls love to be naked - while potty training (on a break now) it was easier if they were naked - now i cant get them to wear clothes
Old 09-14-2007, 01:54 AM

As a fellow non-mama, I bet she just loves the feel/smell of baby. It's so amazing to touch babies... we're just not used to it!

Homebirthing mama of 2
Old 09-14-2007, 03:28 AM

I agree with whoever said that when babysitting twins, keeping them clothed after a diaper change (or for no reason at all) is probably the least of their concerns...

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
Old 09-15-2007, 02:33 AM - Thread Starter

Through various conversations dh has had w/ her since their visit I now know that we were lucky she was even able to get the diaper on him

although, they usually wear rompers, so I guess instead of just leaving it unbuttoned she decided to take the whole thing off... well, she is a little crazy. :

User Tag List