Mothering Forum banner

Allow myself to introduce... myself!

1K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Ellie'sMom 
#1 ·
Hi all!

My name is Cat and I'm the mama to two wonderful 4 month old fraternal twin girls, Maya and Reagan.

I wish I had been here earlier... maybe I wouldn't be a breastfeeding flunk out, but I made my choice and I have to live with it.

I consider myself almost totally AP.

Here is what I do, believe in, etc.

I co-sleep with the twins and have no plans to stop until the girls decide that they no longer wish to sleep in our room. They sleep in an arm's reach co-sleeper.

I do bottle feed, but do so under the AP guidelines of feeding with respect and the girls aren't really on a schedule. They eat when they're hungry.

I HAAAAAAAAAAAATE CIO. I think it's an awful thing to do to a kid.

I try to keep them as close as possible and hold them as much as I can.

I bring my twinks with me to work since I do have to work to live, but at least I get to have them with me. I feel really blessed in that!

We avoid using babysitters. Currently the only time I need one is when we go to marriage counseling.

They're too big for me to wear now, but I was wearing them before!

Ok, I guess that's all. Reagan needs mama now. Nice to meet all of you!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello, and welcome. I wish I had found this site before I had my boys because I would have done things so differently re breastfeeding/cloth diapering, etc. I didn't find this until they were already 13 mo but it has helped me gain confidence and the knowledge that I'm not the only mama with "weird" ideas! You'll really enjoy it here.

#3 ·
I was turned on to this place by pinkpantherdiva.

I also do use disposable diapers but I don't see how that's as much of an AP thing as it is an environmental thing.

I tried it, the girls hated them, screamed bloody murder when they peed, so I changed back to disposables. I do whatever makes them happy.

#4 ·
Welcome! MDC has totally made me evolve as a parent. I started out with CIO and sposies, etc. with my DD. Found MDC, and DS was a homebirth, no CIO, cloth dipes. And then my twins were an unassisted birth. This place will turn you wierd LOL

#6 ·
I wanted to have them vaginally and naturally but Maya was a breech and I just didn't dare risk it.

A friend of mine had her twins vag a few weeks before me and her baby B ended up deprived of oxygen and now has brain damage so I was like: "Cut me open and take 'em out."

Depending upon how long I wait to have others I may consider a VBAC but I'm still not sure. I know it won't be at home because that's just too risky for my preference. Just my luck I'll be in the 1% that suffers a uterine rupture in a VBAC and I'll bleed to death at home.

Ugh.

I don't think it's strange at all, though, to be an AP mama! Good for you for having a home birth! Were either of your babies breech?

ETA: Mine were born on June 4th and home by June 6th. I HATED being in the hospital.

#9 ·
Welcome!

With my twin boys (4.5yo now) I hadn't yet discovered MDC and I did sposies, ff, and cribs. Thank goodness I had the sense not to circ or vax! I'd never forgive myself if I'd cut off part of their penises or modified their immune systems.

I did have a lovely vaginal birth in the hospital, including a second twin who was breech.

Now MDC has corrupted me and I had a UP with this pregnancy, planning a homebirth (currently a few days past my edd), bf as a BFAR mom, cloth-diaper, and homeschool.

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by **Cat** View Post
I wanted to have them vaginally and naturally but Maya was a breech and I just didn't dare risk it.

A friend of mine had her twins vag a few weeks before me and her baby B ended up deprived of oxygen and now has brain damage so I was like: "Cut me open and take 'em out."

Depending upon how long I wait to have others I may consider a VBAC but I'm still not sure. I know it won't be at home because that's just too risky for my preference. Just my luck I'll be in the 1% that suffers a uterine rupture in a VBAC and I'll bleed to death at home.

Ugh.

I don't think it's strange at all, though, to be an AP mama! Good for you for having a home birth! Were either of your babies breech?

ETA: Mine were born on June 4th and home by June 6th. I HATED being in the hospital.
Willa (baby B) flipped around from vertex to tranverse/almost breech right up until the last week!!! But she got her act together in the end...

Glad that you found us here!

#11 ·
Welcome to MDC! The support here is amazing! Mine are 18 months now and I fall into the typical MDC mode of homebirthing, non-circ, non-cio, non-vax, ebf, babywearing, yada yada yada. I love the title of your thread, btw. That's the first reason I clicked.

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by **Cat** View Post
I wish I had been here earlier... maybe I wouldn't be a breastfeeding flunk out, but I made my choice and I have to live with it.
Hello and welcome! I too have learned a lot since finding MDC...my MZ twins (who will turn 5 in December!!!
) coslept and self-weaned at 3.5 years, but they were vaxed and I used sposies. I'll be cd'ing my little one due this March and am seriously looking into the vax issue. So...live and learn, right?

I wanted to say that at 4-months, you could relactate if you wanted to. Here's a link if you're interested in reading more:

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/relactation.html

#15 ·
Hi and welcome. I just wanted to say that until I had a twin who had difficulty learning how to latch I didn't understand why mothers wouldn't nurse. I do understand now why some women give up - it is truly very difficult. You can relactate - and my litttle twin who wouldn't latch/suck/swallow is now nursing successfully with her twin brother at 2yrs 1 month!

#16 ·
Welcome!

I think you'll learn lots here (I have). Just know that the Multiples board can be a bit gentler that the rest of MDC when it comes to things like FF, and birthing choices. MDC mamas tend to have some, um, strong opinions.

I love your girls' names, btw.

And remind me what your thread title comes from. Austin Powers? For some reason I hear Mike Myers' voice saying it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.