MODS can you delete this please?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-29-2007, 04:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It wasnt special to anyone but me I guess.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2007, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
oh momma, I didn't see it, this is the first time I have been on in a day or two. please repost.

Andrea mommy to G(2/97), S : (1/04), E & J (7/07)
Old 10-30-2007, 09:25 PM

I read it yesterday and don't remember why I didn't post, but I thought it was very, very sweet. I love it when my girls are affectionate with each other. I guess I was just being lazy about posting. Sorry.

SAHM to F & P, : fraternal twins born 3/05, : I, born 12/07 & at 5 weeks in July 2009
Old 10-31-2007, 12:27 AM

I didn't see it either, and I am also very lazy about posting.

mama!

Trying to get my bearings...
Old 10-31-2007, 03:05 AM

I didn't see, did you post a pic?

SAHM to twin kindergarteners

Old 10-31-2007, 03:18 AM - Thread Starter

I cant repost the whole thing but basically it was this:

My one twin Hunter has always been the sickest baby...Kolton doesnt get sick very often.

Kolton deals with it when HUnter is sick...he plays by himself, he doesnt fuss much, he understands, and always has.

Hunter on the other hand doesnt understand when Kolton is sick....and usually when Kolton is sick, Hunter is too, so it isnt like he ever has to deal with alone time while mommy tends to Kolton.

Kolton has been sick for a week now (when I posted it had just been a few days). Hes been running a fever and just been laying and sleeping in mine and DPs bed.

The other night he wanted to sleep in his room, even though he was still out of it and running a fever.

I went in to check on the twins, and found Hunter propped up on my body pillow with his arm around Kolton and Kolton had his head on Hunters tummy....they were both sound asleep. It made me cry!

That was basically the main post.....I mainly asked for it to be deleted because 40+ people looked at it, no one said anything cept, to me in a PM, and it wasnt even a nice message. I dont post much about my family anymore on here because of some people, and it just made me upset that this person said something mean to me.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgsmommy View Post
That was basically the main post.....I mainly asked for it to be deleted because 40+ people looked at it, no one said anything cept, to me in a PM, and it wasnt even a nice message. I dont post much about my family anymore on here because of some people, and it just made me upset that this person said something mean to me.
By way of explanation: I would have been one of the +40 people who viewed your post, but didn't reply. Frankly, I skimmed it. A few words about what sounded like a situation where one twin is often sick and I headed elsewhere. I'm not in those shoes, so I don't really feel like I have a lot to offer. Beyond that, although I do try, I'm much less motivated to respond to a post that isn't seeking advice or discussion. I read so many posts that have one or two posts with details and 50 or 150 responses of "congratulations" or "sorry to hear that". Maybe that's inconsiderate, but that's just the way it is with me. Perhaps it is similar with some of the other readers. It's nothing personal.

I'm sorry to hear you received a hurtful PM and can only wonder if there's deeper history between you and that individual. There's nothing I remember of your original post nor read in your re-cap that would warrant that kind of reply.

It is certainly disappointing to post any new thread and find it a "dud" in terms of responses. But the result that you edited your original post and changed the title asking for mods to remove the thread troubles me. I apologize if I'm reading too much between the lines. . . That action, coupled with your comment about your reasons for now rarely posting about family on MDC seem to be a call for help. Perhaps a new thread in some of the relationship areas of the forum would help you to find the support you need.

Gently,
Novella

Six kids, sixth sense, six degrees of separation. . . from sanity!
Not sure that I'm crunchy, but definitely a "tough chew".
Old 10-31-2007, 04:56 AM

I read it and was going to come back and post when I wasn't nak! Sounds really sweet. And girl, go get a new camera

(sorry someone was so rude!)

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

Old 10-31-2007, 05:08 AM

I'm sorry someone was rude, it was a sweet story
Old 10-31-2007, 09:39 AM

I read the original post and thought it was very sweet, but didn't post as I'm more of a lurker, and something usually happens with one of my kids as soon as I start typing. I'm sorry, I know it feels horrible when no one replies to a thread, and I'm really sorry someone sent you a mean PM that was totally uncalled for.

My babies have recently started kissing me and each other, it is so cute.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:48 AM

How horrible to have to deal with a rude person when you have a sick baby! Don't worry, there is still Karma.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

I dont personally have any history with this person who PMed me.....they just thought it in thier best interest to PM me and tell me I am irresponsible for not co-sleeping with my child when he is sick, and how it would have been my fault if something happened to him.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:06 PM

Quote:
I dont personally have any history with this person who PMed me.....they just thought it in thier best interest to PM me and tell me I am irresponsible for not co-sleeping with my child when he is sick, and how it would have been my fault if something happened to him.

Abusive pm's should be reported to the mods.

I think it's sweet that they love each other so much!

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
Old 10-31-2007, 07:38 PM

Awwww....your boys are gonna be best buddies forever!!

My DD likes to help me with DS. He's been teething (molars) and one night I was rocking him while he was crying. DD brought him her blanket and her stuffies,then stood next to me, patting his head. It was so sweet. They are very affectionate with each other, constantly hugging, holding hands, etc.

SAHM to twin kindergarteners

Old 10-31-2007, 09:04 PM

This is the first time I read it...but that is adorable!
Old 11-01-2007, 12:38 AM

I'm sorry to hear your DS is sick, that is such a cute story. AT 21 months I think your PM stalker should relax a bit. Sounds like "the sky is falling" kinda person.
AP is about listening to your child, if he wanted to sleep in his own room why would you force him to do otherwise? ANd anyway, the wonderful thing about twins is that they were still co-sleeping, just with eachother.
Hope he gets better soon.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:35 PM

Old 11-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Banned

:

FYI: sometimes people without multiples surf over here and read the post. Being w/o multiples, it does not make sense to post a reply (nor to send a mean pm!).

- hope they're feeling better!
Old 11-02-2007, 02:47 PM

Quote:

that is horrible! I am so sorry you had to experience that. I am sure you are a great mama!
Old 11-02-2007, 04:53 PM

So sweet mama. My older two sleep together and I often find them that way. I drag DH in to look at it every time and occasionally take pictures

I agree with pp that many non MOM's lurk here to read but don't post, so don't let the 40plus views bother you. Don't pay one bit of attention to that mean PM. That is terrible and they should be reported. Your kid wanted to sleep in his room, so you listened to him.

mama to Joshua (9), Lily (8), Jude (6) and Ava (6)

Old 11-02-2007, 05:16 PM

I didn't see this post till now - what sweet little ones..that is just the sweetest mental picture!

Awesome kids with an awesome mama!
Old 11-02-2007, 11:33 PM

It sounds very sweet!

FWIW, my son doesn't like to co-sleep. I bring him into bed with me to nurse at night, then ask whether he wants to go back to his crib. He'll say "Da" (which means yes, among other things) then says "good good good" when he is back in his crib. AP isn't about following some checklist, it is about listening to your child. Not all children, or mothers, like co-sleeping.

Mostly sane mother to twins.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:22 AM

btw
I was not one of the 40 who saw it originally, but I could easily have been if the title had caught my eye in new posts. And I am certain, I would have smiled, thought "oh, how sweet" and went my way, because 1) not having multiples, I would feel out of place responding in this forum and 2) because MDC is such a big place that it feels impersonal and even now I tend not to respond to things as much as I should unless I "know" the OP.

Sorry you got an annoying PM. You can forward it to a mod. People should not do things like that.

nothing more to say I guess :
Old 11-04-2007, 03:49 AM

Aww. . . I love when my twins do sweet things like that. I agree that for my twins, co-sleeping is sleeping with each other.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:57 AM

That is a really sweet story. It reminds me of when my girls were little and we would find them holding hands or each other in their sleep.

That pm you received is horrible and sanctimonious and I am sorry you had to read that. :
Old 11-11-2007, 04:03 AM

They sound like the best of friends!

I don't have twins either but it sounds like something my boys would do...and it makes my heart melt

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
Old 11-11-2007, 04:03 AM

aww how sweet!! and I am sorry someone thought they had to be the parenting police and send you a mean spirited pm. Some people need to learn to keep their noses in their own bussiness.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:11 AM

Quote:
That is awful, and so incredibly presumptuous. I wish I had seen the pic, but your description says it all. I'm sorry someone had the gall to judge you that way.

Samanthawild.gif mama to 5 joy.gif                                                         

Old 11-15-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
That's just plain sucky! I HATE that someone felt the need to PM you about whether or not your sons were cosleeping with you!! What happened to "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all"???

I'm SO sorry that you had that type of response to what seems to have been a very sweet story. I love witnessing those moments with my girls!

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)
Old 11-16-2007, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Wow, that's horrendously rude! I almost wish it weren't against the UA to ask you the name of this obviously-perfect mama. : But it is, so I won't.

I haven't been around much lately - been dealing with my own sick girlies. But your story is so very sweet! There's nothing more wonderful than seeing that your kids truly love each other.

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.

User Tag List