we're 18mo and we're still nursing! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-22-2007, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my b/g twins are 18mo now and i can't believe i ever worried about successfully nursing them. i couldn't get them off me now if i tried to pry them off with a crowbar! He asks for ma-ma-ma when he wants to nurse and she melts my heart with this little sweet voise that says "milky" while opening and closing her little hands.

Crunchy Mama to the Triad of Chaos-- DD1 (9/03) & the Twinadoes- DS and DD2 (6/06)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2007, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations!! Love those sweet little voices asking to nurse.

I nursed my dd until she was 3.5 and I really enjoyed nursing a toddler. It is so different from nursing an infant. I wonder if I'll get there with my twins.
J really seems to nurse soley for food, not much of a comfort nurser. And I seem to be having supply issues, but hopefully we can get on top of that.

Andrea mommy to G(2/97), S : (1/04), E & J (7/07)
Old 12-22-2007, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stTimeMummytoLore View Post

my b/g twins are 18mo now and i can't believe i ever worried about successfully nursing them. i couldn't get them off me now if i tried to pry them off with a crowbar! He asks for ma-ma-ma when he wants to nurse and she melts my heart with this little sweet voise that says "milky" while opening and closing her little hands.
I could have written this post myself! My twins are 18 months tomorrow and I feel so proud that we made it so far when I doubted we would ever make it work at all. Congrats to you and your little ones mama! You all did it!!!!!
Old 12-23-2007, 09:04 PM

Good job, mama! My twins are 20 months. Only one still nurses. This morning, we were laying in bed nursing and he was practicing his sign language while latched on. I think maybe he was trying to tell me about last night's visit at a friend's house. He'd do a few signs (dog, tree, book), then smile up at me, then re-latch and do a few more signs. Adorable!

Amy â Unschooling my twin boys, born April 2006 (12 weeks early at 2 lbs each). Astrology for Parenting -- helping parents attain authentic and respectful relationships with their children and families.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:29 PM

Congratulations! It is funny how we start off worrying so much and pretty soon we can't get them off us. Mine will be 2 on New Year's Eve and they have no interest in weaning. My first goal was to make it to one year, my other goal was to make it to 2 years and my "real" goal was to make it to 3 years. But I think 2 years is fine! I am ready whenever they are.

Blessed mama of four
::
Old 12-24-2007, 02:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congrats!!! Did you set an original goal and make it or just figure you'd go until they were done?

I was asked the other day how long i"d feed twins and I said until they decided they were done. My DS is still going at 27mo so I'd love to make it past that with them.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

Old 12-24-2007, 04:55 PM

Still nursing both of mine at almost 24 months. I almost gave up trying to nurse very early on (supply worries, bad advice from drs., etc.) and it amazes me that I still am nursing. My original goal was to nurse AT LEAST one year, but the girls had a NICU nurse who nursed her twins for two years, and she inspired me to go even longer. They have slowed down alot, but not showing any real signs of stopping altogether anytime soon.

User Tag List