Mothering Forum banner

Hi. almost 33 weeks preggo with Triplets

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  bodhicitta3 
#1 ·
I have sought out other multiples boards but NONE of them are very AP friendly. I need to seek out like minded mamas.

I just wanted to say Hi!

#3 ·

You're doing great to get this far! Keep cooking those babes!!! How's the pregnancy gone so far? I see you have two other young ones...do you have help lined up for the first several months? Family nearby? Church friends? Coworkers? Neighbors?

What an exciting time for you!

Keep us posted

#6 ·
I have 2 MZ girls and a fraternal boy. We don't have any family here that are able or willing to help, and most of our friends have small children...so they are out for a while due to RSV concerns (we don't vax) so we are pretty much on our own. Luckilly DH is taking a 4 week paternity leave (from his own business, LOL) so I won't be completely alone.

I did decide to schedule a c-section at my last appointment. There were several reasons, but one of them is that at 33 weeks they are (yes all *3* of them) breech. I also want my tubes tied (shredded and thrown away, or put in a jar as proof that I can't have any more babies!!! ROFL!!) This was a hard decision for me because I had 2 very easy natural labors and deliveries prior to this, but I also have other medical issues that is making this all seem like the best idea.

I am excited to get into the parenting part of this journey. I hate pregnancy. I know a lot of women love being pregnant, but I DO NOT. I LOVE having babies, but pregnancy has always been hard on me. I joke that God made my deliveries easy as a reward for suffering through pregnancy. This pregnancy has been just torture....but only 29 days left!!! YEAY!!!! I was told that if my babies bake until 35 weeks they will likely leave the hospital with me, but we have all decided that we would like to wait until 37 weeks since my cervix seems to be handling everything pretty well so far. I would love to have 6 pounders.

I can't wait to hold them and nurse them all. I have gotten a LOT of crap from my inlaws about nursing them. My MIL actually asked my DH "does she think she's going to grow an extra t*t?" UGH. I know it's going to be hard, but I am determined to make it work. It's my #1 priority.

#7 ·
Okay..so I gotta ask, but feel free to tell me to butt out if it's none of my business (I feel like doing that to people all the time!) Were they conceived naturally? I mean with no fertility meds?

I'm hoping you used some meds because otherwise I may not want any more! I had a friend tell me she's SURE I'm having triplets next time.
And we're not currently using any birth control!

I also want to say that I'm very impressed by your determination to breastfeed them. If I had triplets, that's definitely the route I would go. It sounds like you are going in with your eyes open about how difficult it is going to be, but with your determination, lots of support and a strong desire to give your babies the best by taking care of yourself, I believe you can do it! And good for you for waiting until 37 weeks despite not having a fun time being pregnant. You're my HERO!

#8 ·
Christa, you can totally breastfeed triplets. I'm still exclusively bfing my 5mo old twins and my 27mo toddler nurses a lots still. And I could probably nurse another if I had to with my supply. The logistics of nursing 3 infants may be a little more tricky, but it's totally possible.

#10 ·
Welcome and congratulations, Christa!!
So how many weeks are you right now? I think that is wonderful you want your babies to bake as long as possible and I hope you get your 6 lbs triplets! Good for you for deciding to breastfeed your triplets. Many mamas here have exclusively nursed their twins, which is defenitely not the same thing as triplets, but I am sure you can do it. There is a mama here who last time I spoke with her was still exclusively nursing her 10 month old triplets (no pumping, no solids) PLUS her toddler!! She is amazing. I nursed my toddler along with my twins for 18 months, which is not the same as nursing 3 newborns, but I got a small taste of what it would be like. Anyway, it sounds like you have a great plan and I wish you the best.

#11 ·
Hello and welcome,

Wow, I can onyl guess what your house is going to be like. we don;t ahve any family or friends to help us and it was a "red zone" with twins and a toddler. You can and will Bf these babies. I love your determination. Seek out your local LLL and tell them you are determined. ask if they have a "mother's helper" program or any ideas for cost free help. I was chuckling at some of the others. my mom swears i'll have triplets next so it's "1,2,3!" she laughs - I cry.

Hugs to you,

Erika

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.