Tell me I'm not alone: WARNING-not for new twin moms or moms to be - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-12-2008, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdahlgrd View Post
That said, I have pulled out 12 rolls of toilet paper out of the toilet this week!!
Thank goodness my dh's family business was plumbing - one of my boys had an obsession with putting things down the toilet. I never would have been able to afford to pay someone to come out & clear the pipes as often as dh had to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2008, 01:08 AM - Thread Starter

Oh that reminds me, we had weeks of putting things in the toilet and the sink and having to call the plumber repeatedly. Huh, I totally blocked that from my memory. And their last toilet escapade was turing off the water to the toilet .

Rivka, mommy to 3 big boys and a set of b/g twins
Old 01-14-2008, 07:41 PM

Today DH was late to work because of the Nor'Easter we got. (8 inches of snow woohoo!!) and we happened to end up in the bathroom for an over lapping 5 minutes while he showered and i was running the blow dryer. Then it hits both of us simultaneously, that we have left the 4 year old in charge of 2 one year old hell raisers!! Today was obviously a responsible-thinking- day for her because she was running up the stairs as I bolted from the bathroom to make sure nobody had started any floods or fires. She was too out of breath to tell me what was going on, but she gasped out the words kitchen, and babies....

They had managed to knock the recycling bin off the top of the dog food container, get the locking lid off, and they were not only throwing handfuls of kibble everywhere, they we stuffing handfuls into their mouths!!!

Did I mention we are all vegetarians? oh yeah, and then my dog food breath boys immediately asked for nursing (gag). Apparently eating dog food makes you thirsty.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajody View Post

They had managed to knock the recycling bin off the top of the dog food container, get the locking lid off, and they were not only throwing handfuls of kibble everywhere, they we stuffing handfuls into their mouths!!!

Did I mention we are all vegetarians? oh yeah, and then my dog food breath boys immediately asked for nursing (gag). Apparently eating dog food makes you thirsty.
:

TripMom . . . . . loving mom : to DS (7) and BBG (4.5)
Old 01-14-2008, 11:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dog food breath boys : Oh what I have to look forward to!

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

Old 01-15-2008, 03:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajody View Post

Oh Yes, my twins absolutely LOVE getting into the LOCKED container of dog food and throwing it all over. We're, thankfully, past the stage of eating the dog food. I remember one time I asked Tehila what she had in her mouth and she opened it and it was dog food :Puke. I about lost it.

Maybe they asked to nurse because dog food is salty...

Rivka, mommy to 3 big boys and a set of b/g twins
Old 01-15-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripMom View Post
FWIW . . . it is my observation that the mischevious actions of same age siblings are wholly incongruous to the actions of any one of those children on their own. . . . .

In other words . . . . any one of my triplets when separated from their siblings is a relatively easy going and easy to handle child. However, when grouped together 2 or all 3 -- the child in the "group" is almost unrecognizable to the child on his own. They will do things together that they would NEVER dream of on their own. They will act out, tantrum, etc. together in a way that I'd never see with the child individually.
I totally agree with this! I have actually followed my boys when they leave the room (without them noticing me) and they go towards some no-no place like the fish tank, and both stare for a little while, the little one is pushing the big one closer and closer, etc, until they are lifting the lid and about to throw stuff inside.

That being said, my experience has been that at 18 months my boys were really really difficult, at 2 they were really easy! and now at almost 2 1/2 they are impossible...

mom of twins.gif boys born 9/13/05 and dog2.gifdog2.gif

Old 01-16-2008, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemfrog View Post
That being said, my experience has been that at 18 months my boys were really really difficult, at 2 they were really easy! and now at almost 2 1/2 they are impossible...
Hear! Hear! My DD is impossible around her 1/2 birthdays. (Note: we are rapidly closing in on 4.5, so wish me luck and send me strength) So far the boys are trending that was as well.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:22 PM

Rivka, mine are only 13 months but they get into everything also. They team up to complete tasks when 1 cannot do it alone. They cant be unsupervised for even a minute. its exhausting!! they have learned how to unlock and open the front door and have tried escaping on many occasions. Like i said, cant take my eyes off of them. *yawn*

User Tag List