Headaches while pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-25-2008, 01:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was just wondering...I have been having major headaches almost eveyday with this pregnancy. I didnt have that at all with ds but I dont know if these headaches are from the hormones or what. I upped my water intake to almost a gallon a day, but still have them. I do have a cold, but had the headaches even before that so...I dont know I just thought I would check and see if this was just a twin preg. thing. Also having lots of cramping at only 16 wks, but since I upped my water it hasnt been as much. I just cant help worrying. I feel like everyday there is something new going on in my body, and it is soooo different than when I was pregnant with only one. When I first found out that we were having twins, I just freaked, but the thought of something happening to one of them now makes me worry so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 01-25-2008, 01:23 AM

Lurking... pg. Might be twins. I have had more headaches than normal for me and more than I had when pg. with dd....

-Angela
#3 of 6 Old 01-25-2008, 01:29 AM

Hmm, I would have said more water but a gallon a day is good. I didn't notice any headaches when I was pregnant with the twins so I'm not sure what to say. Do you see a chiropractor? That would probably be a good option anyway. Are you getting enough sleep? As far as the cramping, just listen to your body and rest as often as you need to. I had very strong contractions throughout my whole (40 week) pregnancy. As long as you are drinking plenty of water and resting when you need to, it should be fine. I started getting as many as 10-15 in a hour, which is supposed to be cause for alarm but nothing ever came of it. You just have to rest alot with a twin pregnancy-sometimes getting up and walking across the room would bring on some whoppers of contractions for me. Just take it easy as much as you can.

Blessed mama of four
::
#4 of 6 Old 01-25-2008, 01:33 AM

My twin pregnancy was the first that I had big headaches. For me it was the fatigue + dehydration.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#5 of 6 Old 01-25-2008, 03:06 AM

Oh, I'm sorry about the headaches... that is no fun at all! I have had migraines since I was 12 years old. The only thing that would touch them was a drug cocktail that included codeine, which obviously I am not going near when pregnant. So after getting a really bad migraine 1x a week for 3 weeks in the early part of this pregnancy, I went to an alternative medicine doctor for cranio sacral therapy - basically a touch/energy treatment that ensures proper flow of your cerebral spinal fluid through your spine and skull. After session 1, I didn't get any more migraines. After about 4 sessions, I have not had any more headaches - this is totally amazing for me. If you can find someone who does cranio sacral and also is skilled in pregnancy support, that would be the best - b/c yes, our hormones are totally whacked right now, too!

I hope you find some relief soon.

Mama to twin girls Adele and Nadia, born 5/2008
#6 of 6 Old 01-29-2008, 09:10 AM

Are they sinus related? I always get sinus headaches while pg though for a while I didn't know they were sinus (never had probs in the past). I think I was told it was due to the increased blood flow. What works the best is a hot mug pressed on my cheeks. Relieves the pressure and the headache.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page