How big were your twins born? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-29-2008, 03:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My singletons were 7lb and 8lb4oz, both at almost 41 weeks.

Twins were 6lb 8oz and 6lb 14oz at 37wk5days. If I'd gone to 40 weeks, they'd have been at least as big as my singltons!

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2008, 03:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mine were born at 40w 3d and were 7lb 15oz and 8lb 2oz

My singleton (1st baby) was born at 42 weeks and was 10lb 5oz
Old 01-29-2008, 11:54 AM

We can do everything right, and have the outcome we were expecting. We can do everything right and have an outcome we weren't planning on. Some people seem to do everything wrong and still get a good outcome, and some seem to do everything wrong and get a poor outcome. Half the people out there, we don't even know WHAT they did that contributed to the outcome. We can't control those things, but it shouldn't stop us from trying to make the best choices we can, and when it comes to twin pregnancy, most research indicates that nutrition is a BIG DEAL, right? No matter at what gestational age or birth weight your babies were born, it's a LOT of work to plan your daily food intake around insanely high protein and water requirements...

Wife of one and mom of five, including my HBAC twins!
Old 01-29-2008, 01:32 PM

twins were 7lbs, 6 oz each
singletons were 7lbs, 9 oz and 11lbs, 1 oz

Heather, Army wife & Mama to M (10), J (9), L & S (my HBAC babies are 7!), N & R (5), and A (born 11/30/12 UBA2C)
Old 01-29-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumm View Post
Do you really think we have that much control over how long a pregnancy continues or how large a baby is? I'm always told I did a "good job" which makes me wonder. If I had some sort of problem that made me go into ptl or the babies had some health problems would I have done a "bad job?" I just worry that by saying we have complete control over it we are demeaning or insulting to those who had tiny babies or babies who had some trouble, kwim?
I was just talking to my best friend about this yesterday. I'm trying to come up with some birth plans for possible PTL and c-section and I've been getting a LOT of comments lately about how that's just not going to happen to me because I'm taking care of myself and whatnot. Well, not to put too fine a point on it, while it increases my chances it's not a guarantee of a perfect outcome, kwim?
Old 01-29-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantelhayes View Post
I was just talking to my best friend about this yesterday. I'm trying to come up with some birth plans for possible PTL and c-section and I've been getting a LOT of comments lately about how that's just not going to happen to me because I'm taking care of myself and whatnot. Well, not to put too fine a point on it, while it increases my chances it's not a guarantee of a perfect outcome, kwim?
Yeah, I got that too. I was a picture of health my entire pregnancy. I didnt have any issues with me, the babies, nothing. I had my perfect birth plan already printed and ready to go. I made one with vaginal and just in case a c-section, every said I was crazy, that I was so healthy that I would be fine, even the doctors. WRONG! It can happen to anyone, during any pregnancy, doesnt matter what you do 'right' or you do 'wrong'. I still dont have a reason why my twins were born early....

single mommy to identical twin girls (3/06) Non-traditional mama just : through life.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:02 PM

6 lbs, 15 oz and 7 lbs, 12 oz and I hear the "those are HUGE for twins" comment all the time as well. They are peanuts compared to my 10+ lber!
Old 01-29-2008, 05:10 PM

6lbs 12oz and 7lbs 12oz at 38w3d.

My DS was 9lbs 10oz (9 days early), and my DD was 9lbs 5oz (on her due date).

Catholic Homeschooling mama to DS (6), DD (4), twin DDs (2), DD (7 months), and someone new 7/31/10!
Old 01-29-2008, 10:43 PM

My twins were 6lbs14oz & 7lbs13oz at 37w4d.

My singletons were 8lbs8oz (10 days "late") and 9lbs8oz (5 days "late").

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantelhayes View Post
not to put too fine a point on it, ....
Please tell me I'm not the only one who started humming "Birdhouse in your Soul"..

Wife of one and mom of five, including my HBAC twins!
Old 01-29-2008, 11:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think a person can do everything "right" and it still go all "wrong". I did everything I could to raise the chances of having full-term babies, knowing full well, that it still might not have been enough. It was in the end, but even at the end, I was relieved to have made it that far.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

Old 01-30-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyc View Post
Please tell me I'm not the only one who started humming "Birdhouse in your Soul"..

Nope, you're not.

I appreciate the kind comments. It's sometimes really hard to be on an AP/NFL site after having a birth experience which was the antithesis of both. I've never felt like anyone here was pointing at me and saying "oh she must have done something to cause her twins' early birth." The feeling bad at the "good job" stuff is mostly just an extension of my own sadness.

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:47 AM

7.6 lbs(boy) and 6.14 lbs (girl) born by sheduled c-section at 38 weeks
Old 02-18-2008, 07:30 PM

I am currently pregnant with g/b twins. 27wks as of right now. Dr says i will be induced by 38wks.May 5th to be exact. I am very excited and kinda worried because at 23wks i was told my twins were 1lb 5oz. Is this normal? Are my babies gonna be tiny? I have to admit this is the best pregnancy i have been through other than severe back pain. My daughter is laying on a nerve i believe because after sitting no matter the length in time i am limping everywhere. It hurts. I cant wait for May 2008.I am a mom of 2 toddlers also. 3yr old boy and a 4yr old girl. Yup hands are gonna be full beyond extreme i think.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:31 PM

I am currently pregnant with g/b twins. 27wks as of right now. Dr says i will be induced by 38wks.May 5th to be exact. I am very excited and kinda worried because at 23wks i was told my twins were 1lb 5oz. Is this normal? Are my babies gonna be tiny? I have to admit this is the best pregnancy i have been through other than severe back pain. My daughter is laying on a nerve i believe because after sitting no matter the length in time i am limping everywhere. It hurts. I cant wait for May 2008.I am a mom of 2 toddlers also. 3yr old boy and a 4yr old girl. Yup hands are gonna be full beyond extreme i think.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:06 PM

pregomomma, are you seeing a chiro? I am having horrible hip and back pain (and did with my singletons as well) and she's hopefully going to be able to stablize my pelvis. My left hip twists inward and puts pressure on my sciatic nerve. It's enough to nearly bring me to my knees, and sometimes actually has.

My boy today was 1 pound 9 ounces and I'm 25.5 weeks so I'd say you're doing well! They were measuring right on with my due date of May 30th.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pregomomma View Post

I second the chiro. Also, beyond the pain is there a reason he is inducing you? To a lot of doctors being preggers with twins in and of itself is reason enough to force you to go early or even to c/s you. And it's not. PLEASE explore your options before you go through with this.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:50 PM

I don't think anyone was trying to imply that those who went early or had smaller babies did something wrong or didn't do something right. I think in general most women who frequent these types of boards do more things "right" then wrong or not doing at all. KWIM?

But no we have no control over what mother nature has in mind.

I listened to my body, took it easy much earlier then what the doctor thought I needed to, ate more calories and protein then what my doctor recommended. I did these things because of sites like this and other experienced mothers out there who had been there done that

I still ended up with preeclampsia and delivered the girls at 34w6d weighing 6 lbs and 6 lbs 13 oz. It was still early. I was still sick. But IF I hadn't done what I had done, I might have gone earlier and with much smaller sicker babies.

Knowing how awful my body has always dealt with pregnancy, I am very proud of the successful outcome I had thanks to many useful tips and info like you all ahve given here
Old 02-21-2008, 03:48 AM

7lb2oz and 6lb12oz at 39w5d. I think they would have been much bigger had I not had hyperemesis

full time, single, slightly soggy WOHM to Juliet (12.31.2004 @ 36w5d) and Willow & Adam (2.22.2007 @ 39w5d, HBAC transfer) and... expecting my little womb warrior Eowyn Susanne in September

User Tag List