Twin pregnancy hospital birth pep talk (long) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-28-2008, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you for this post...and for bumping this post!

Kim, mom to : Katie (2/06), : Tommy & Amelia (10/08)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude Rose View Post
And when I saw for a time around here many of my fellow multiple moms completely turning their power over to their OB's. I had to write this thread.
Those women have all had their births and are full into the unique world of being a MoM so now i can feel safe to express my disillusionment over the mainstream nature MDC was taking. Hopefully that was just an exception and won't become the norm. MDC is where women come to take their power back. There are plenty of places elsewhere to give it away.
Funny. Around the time you wrote this post, I was impressed with how many of us expectant MoMs were planning home births and trying our best to make well-informed decisions for us and our bebes.

Mama to twin girls Adele and Nadia, born 5/2008
Old 06-29-2008, 08:02 PM

Thanks so much for this post. I'm being induced tomorrow at 37 weeks and after a natural childbirth with my first I'm fearful of induction and what other interventions it might lead to. However, I feel after weighing IUGR and my high blood pressure that this is the right thing to do. It's been a lot of back and forth with my OB and I know how hard it can be to stand up for what you believe is the right thing for you, your body, and your babies. At this point I feel as though I've been successful in communicating my desires to her and am ready to trust my body in getting me through labor tomorrow with the least amount of further intervention possible.
Anyways, I just wanted to say thanks for your advice and the comments of other posters as well. I feel empowered and prepared!
Old 11-08-2008, 10:28 PM

Deanna's recent posts about hospital birth made me think of this thread and dig it up for her and any other moms planning hospital births around right now. Remember, just because you set foot in the hospital doesn't mean you completely give up your parental obligations and rights over your body! You can still have a wonderful, empowering, positive, safe birth experience, and Jude is a rock star for starting this thread. If you haven't checked out her birth story yet, you should (I think it's in here somewhere).

Wife of one and mom of five, including my HBAC twins!

User Tag List