How are all my PG twin momma buddies?? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 87 Old 04-24-2008, 01:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intertwined View Post
Alrighty then--OUT babies! Time to come out and see Mama! There is lots of warm, yummy milk on the other side, you just have to come out all gentle like.

Now, can you evict mine in about 2 weeks before I die?
OH, thank you. That should get things rolling

I will certainly return the favor in a few weeks!

Mama to twin girls Adele and Nadia, born 5/2008
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 87 Old 04-24-2008, 09:59 AM

Dude! Last night my feet swelled up like two marshmallows! That has never, never happened to me before. I couldn't even curl my toes. WTH?!? Is this a normal part of twin pregnancy, or did I walk too much yesterday, or drink too much water (I drank about 2 gallons yesterday - I was really thirsty) or something?!? They are better today but still feel a lil tight.
#63 of 87 Old 04-24-2008, 11:08 AM

I've swelled WAY more this pregnancy than I ever did in the previous 4. The swelling in my hands causes numbness and it's making me CRAZY!
#64 of 87 Old 04-24-2008, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh, I had myself all fooled that I was going to be pretty much normal until the last month or so. I've done darn well at staying low risk, but the amount of rest I need to just FUNCTION is unreal. I don't know how you're still working at all Dianna. It makes me tired just thinking about it!
I'm only working 20 hours per week ..... and I'm sitting in triage when I am there. Plus .... I don't do anything at home except for laundry. DH is the BEST!!

Catholic homeschooling mom of 5 - a teenager, a kindergartener, twin boys and a tiny princess. Follow the Adventures! 

#65 of 87 Old 04-24-2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiannaK View Post
I'm only working 20 hours per week ..... and I'm sitting in triage when I am there. Plus .... I don't do anything at home except for laundry. DH is the BEST!!
Lucky! I had to call in the troops because DH sucks at housework. He doesn't even 'see' it and therefore it doesn't occur to him he needs to do it (until we run out of clothes, and dishes, and groceries, and you cannot walk across the floor...)
#66 of 87 Old 04-24-2008, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Lucky! I had to call in the troops because DH sucks at housework. He doesn't even 'see' it and therefore it doesn't occur to him he needs to do it (until we run out of clothes, and dishes, and groceries, and you cannot walk across the floor...)
Brett was a bachelor for many years before we got married .... and I always say that this was to my benefit. (He was 40 when we got married.)

Trust me .... my house is NOT clean. This weekend, I will be cracking the whip on EVERYONE .... I MUST get out from under neath all this crap around here, soon, or I will go nuts.

Catholic homeschooling mom of 5 - a teenager, a kindergartener, twin boys and a tiny princess. Follow the Adventures! 

#67 of 87 Old 04-25-2008, 12:41 AM

Oh boy, well, PUPPs is starting to strike again here. It made an appearance at around 34 weeks, but it was overcome within a week by dandelion root capsules. I'm still taking the dandelion but may need to add nettles to it... I don't know... but the itching on my belly is NOT fun. I'm going to go grab my bag of frozen squash - the one relief! Though the babies get a bit angry when mommy puts frozen foods on her belly

#68 of 87 Old 04-25-2008, 09:48 AM

Well, I finally broke down and started taking some antibiotics for this cold/sinus thing I have going on. It was day 8 and getting worse everyday. Extremely painful, swollen throat and ears, chest congestion, etc... Doctor advised me to treat it before it got much worse. I dislike taking anything, especially antibiotics (especially if I don't know for sure they will help) but on top of how crappy I feel during this pregnancy normally and dh leaving for a week on business I knew I had to do something so I could function and take care of ds and dd. Sigh..........it's gonna be a long week! I told dh that when he comes back I think I'm going to be done. So, he is prepared to take on a whole lot more when he comes back.

Karen - spouse to dh for 11 years, mama to ds (Nov '02), dd (May '05) and ds and dd (Jun '08)

#69 of 87 Old 04-29-2008, 04:52 PM

Hope you are feeling better now, Karen!

I just came from my 24 week check. Everything looks great! BP was 106/60, I'm measuring 37 weeks! Both heartbeats sound good.

I've gained 2lbs a week my whole 2nd trimester, though! Yowza! I hope it slows down a little in the 3rd trimester...I'm starting to really feel this extra weight. Any one else gaining like that?
#70 of 87 Old 04-29-2008, 05:17 PM

I've gained 37 now and I'm SUPER excited! I've been working hard to pack it on though since we didn't find out until 20 weeks and I normally don't gain much.
#71 of 87 Old 04-29-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysmama View Post
I just came from my 24 week check. Everything looks great! ... I'm measuring 37 weeks!
Wow! 13 weeks ahead.
How is your swelling? Hopefully you haven't had any more episodes.

I think I've gained around 50-55 lbs total so far; this was after losing 5 in first tri and not starting to gain until week 13ish. I HOPE the bebes come out soon.

#72 of 87 Old 04-29-2008, 06:12 PM

I've gained about 23 lbs now. I'm 20 weeks today. I've been battling pneumonia for 3 weeks though, which has left me dehydrated and rundown. I still have a fever, even after 3 days of antibiotics. I'm afraid I let things go for too long as my DH was gone for 6 days last week. UGH I worry whenever I cough that something will fall out. And I got a nice hemorrhoid to show for all of the coughing too! I've reached the point where I'm starting to get pretty uncomfortable-a few weeks earlier than last time. I'm measuring 27 cm so getting pretty big now too.

Heather, Army wife & Mama to M (10), J (9), L & S (my HBAC babies are 7!), N & R (5), and A (born 11/30/12 UBA2C)
#73 of 87 Old 04-30-2008, 01:04 AM

Wow - 13 weeks ahead! You go girl!

I'm planning to take a plane trip at about 22-23 weeks - do you ladies think I'll be ok to travel at that time?? Also, should I call the airline to make sure they'll let me?

I have gained 10 pounds so far at week 15. I'm getting really sick of eating all the time! It's WAY too early for me to be feeling this way but I really want to work out and get skinny again!

Today at aerobics I was looking in the mirror at how tight my clothes are... and not just in the belly. At dinner I told DH I thought my butt was getting bigger and he says, "Yeah, I think so too. But I still love it." !!! That too made me cry (like many things!)
#74 of 87 Old 04-30-2008, 08:14 AM

I'd buy a refundable ticket just in case but I don't see why you couldn't go. I wouldn't ask the airline though.
#75 of 87 Old 04-30-2008, 09:22 AM

Jen - I am flying to Cali this weekend (at 24 weeks). My doc said up till 28 weeks is fine for travel, but I imagine every care provider has a different policy. I asked him if I needed a letter for the airline, and he said generally not until after 34 weeks...but my tickets are refundable and I'm bring his card just in case.

I'm taking my 6 year old dd with me...we're going to the baby shower. I'm so excited to take her out there!

Yeah, I'm a little shocked to be measuring full-term already. I am seriously going to outgrow a lot of my maternity clothes in a few weeks. My belly is pretty out there, LOL.

I think one of the girls flipped to footling breech. They were both head down. But now I am getting walloped in the cervix. OMG, it's really uncomfortable. There's also these scratchy feelings like one of them is trying to dig their way out thru my pelvic floor. Know what I'm talking about? Yowza!
#76 of 87 Old 04-30-2008, 10:54 AM

I have felt that scratchy-in-pelvis sensation (but more with my first pregnancy, a singleton.)

And jencat, I think traveling at that time probably will be fine. I was big but not too uncomfortable yet (little did I know!) and I think that would have been a good time for travel. I've been skittish about the issue of travel this pregnancy, though. Not wanting to be away from home, never sure "what to expect" or how much of a factor pre-term labor, etc. might be (so how could I plan very far ahead?) I feel much more settled and confident now than I did earlier....I think a big part of it was just the upheaval of finding out about the twins and then grappling with the extra issues of the shared placenta and some implications for MZ pairs. The aftershocks were kind of lingering for awhile. Plus, I was sick sick sick and all looked bleak when I was vomitting so much...

I am 27w,5d and I've kind of been slumping on the food and the weight gain, though I think I'm coming out of my funk today. (I'm actually a bit excited about the prospect of heading to the grocery store, and cooking, again. After a slump of a few days.) I've gained about 33 lbs so far. I am thrilled with all weight gain, but it's starting to seem a bit daunting to imagine something like 56 pounds, overall, finding a way to fit on my body.

Both boys are breech now, which bums me out but I am believing that there's still time. I did a lot of communicating with twin B, but I think I told him too many times (simplifying the visualization for me) to "put his head by his brother's head" and instead of flipping, he convinced twin A to turn around. But their heads are together, now.

I am feeling okay but there's a lot of discomfort at the top of my abdomen. Heads don't belong there, and when they press it's a searing pain.
#77 of 87 Old 04-30-2008, 11:14 AM

My babies are both breech as well. GRRRRR!!!! Not that it changes my home birth plans or anything, but WHOA I hear you on the uncomfortable! They have way better access to my bladder now and like to pay me back for laying upside down all the time by tap dancing when I have to pee!

I'm going to have Webster today along with my normal chiro appt. I've gotten Claire half way back there (she's been vertex since 20 weeks @@) as she's transverse now.
#78 of 87 Old 05-02-2008, 02:11 AM

I'm 40 w, 5 days... both our OB and midwife are being really supportive, even in light that it's a suspected one placenta. I have been trying a lot this week to induce labor - acupuncture, cohoshes, nipple stim, acupressure points, walks, etc., all to no avail. I hope they are ready to be born soon! The PUPPs rash is on my arms, belly, legs, back and is really a nightmare, flat out. The OB prescribed some cream (which isn't really helping) and an antihistamine, which I took and now feel tired, so I'm hoping for some decent sleep tonight - guess I should go now during this window of opportunity!

I hope everyone else is doing well. If you don't need labor vibes yet, send some this way, please

#79 of 87 Old 05-02-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjoy2 View Post
If you don't need labor vibes yet, send some this way, please
You can definitely have mine :.

So, today I had a follow-up ultrasound because Monday's ultrasound was showing "low" fluid level for baby A. The ultrasound today showed the same level which is not horrible but just lower than it should be, was before and in comparison to baby B. Plus Baby A has slowed down in growth. Both babies used to be within 1-2 oz's of each other. Now baby A is 3lbs 5oz and baby B is 4lbs. Of course, ultrasounds are not completely accurate but still...... I got the impression from the ultrasound technologist that everything was still OK but when I went upstairs to meet with the OB he was not too happy. Not really worried but just concerned about the fluid and growth discrepency. So, he recommended I get the steroid shots just in the event that I do need to deliver early. I did get it and have to go back tomorrow for one more. He does seem convinced that I will deliver these babies early but I'm not sure exactly what that means. I'm 30 weeks right now. I really want them to stay in there. Plus I've been feeling really crampy lately. No contractions showed up on the NST today and my cervix is very long (4.9cm) so it sounds good in that respect. I'm just worried that at my next appointment (every week now) he'll just say we need to get these babies out.

Honestly, I'm just so tired of thinking so much during this pregnancy. There always seems to be something to worry about or be proactive about or question. I'm at the point where I just want to trust my OB even though I'm sure I could be questioning a lot more.

The good news is that both babies are very active, decent weights and baby A is still head down so I still have a fairly good chance of a vaginal birth.

Karen - spouse to dh for 11 years, mama to ds (Nov '02), dd (May '05) and ds and dd (Jun '08)

#80 of 87 Old 05-02-2008, 05:28 PM

Hey Mama to One,
The weights don't sound that far apart to me... and sounds like your cervix is closed tightly! I hope you aren't too worried.
To help the cramping and potentially the fluid level for Baby A, can you drink more? If you don't feel like you are at maximum water intake capacity, pump it up a notch. Earlier in pregnancy, my contrax were directly cured by chugging water. Also, I always drink an extra extra extra ton in the half day and especially the few hours leading up to any ultrasounds. Hang in there!

#81 of 87 Old 05-02-2008, 07:18 PM

Karen are you getting enough water and protein? I get really crampy and uncomfortable when I get less than a gallon a day (uh, like today That could also explain why your fluid is a bit low. I know it's hard, but I feel so much better when I get it done that it's completely worth the hassle.
#82 of 87 Old 05-02-2008, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjoy2 View Post
I'm 40 w, 5 days... both our OB and midwife are being really supportive, even in light that it's a suspected one placenta. I have been trying a lot this week to induce labor - acupuncture, cohoshes, nipple stim, acupressure points, walks, etc., all to no avail. I hope they are ready to be born soon! The PUPPs rash is on my arms, belly, legs, back and is really a nightmare, flat out. The OB prescribed some cream (which isn't really helping) and an antihistamine, which I took and now feel tired, so I'm hoping for some decent sleep tonight - guess I should go now during this window of opportunity!

I hope everyone else is doing well. If you don't need labor vibes yet, send some this way, please
You go girl! How awesome!!
Best of luck to you .... and gentle labor wishes!!

#83 of 87 Old 05-02-2008, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Karen are you getting enough water and protein? I get really crampy and uncomfortable when I get less than a gallon a day (uh, like today That could also explain why your fluid is a bit low. I know it's hard, but I feel so much better when I get it done that it's completely worth the hassle.

I feel like a horse most days, since I drink so much!!!

#84 of 87 Old 05-02-2008, 10:08 PM

Thanks for the replies. Ever since I found out the fluid was low I have been drinking a ton of water hoping that it helps. I pee every 20 minutes it seems. Not to mention having to hold it for the ultrasound! I keep trying to fit more in though. And I do try to keep my protein intake up as well. I'll keep on with that course as well as trying to take it easy and just really hope that the fluid level increases or at least remains steady. I think the OB is mostly concerned with baby A's slow down in growth and wondering if the difference between the babies will increase. I guess that's why we'll be checking things weekly. But he does agree with keeping me pregnant as long as possible. I just don't like the not knowing and having every possible scenario running through my head.

#85 of 87 Old 05-04-2008, 12:59 PM

Well, since I've been going crazy for a few weeks now, I may as well start to celebrate it:
41 weeks today!

(oh please oh please babies, come out soon! )

#86 of 87 Old 05-10-2008, 02:33 AM

I'm cranky and uncomfortable. My hip just started hurting, and my sciatic nerve pain is back. It's shooting down my butt cheek and leg. The babies are squirming all the time and sometimes it makes me a little queasy feeling them squirm. Baby B keeps dancing on my cervix, or poking it, or scratching it, or whatever she is doing in there. It's like a pap exam from the inside! I can't get comfy in any chairs and my legs are too fat to cross now. LOL!

I just needed to vent. My dh is kinda tired of hearing it - and though the daddies of these babies are great guys, I don't feel like I can complain much to them.
#87 of 87 Old 05-10-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysmama View Post
I'm cranky and uncomfortable. My hip just started hurting, and my sciatic nerve pain is back. It's shooting down my butt cheek and leg. The babies are squirming all the time and sometimes it makes me a little queasy feeling them squirm. Baby B keeps dancing on my cervix, or poking it, or scratching it, or whatever she is doing in there. It's like a pap exam from the inside! I can't get comfy in any chairs and my legs are too fat to cross now. LOL!

I just needed to vent. My dh is kinda tired of hearing it - and though the daddies of these babies are great guys, I don't feel like I can complain much to them.
I'm right there with you. I am REALLY miserable the past two days. Both babies flipped back to head down and now I feel like I've got a bowling ball shoved in my vagina. Good news and certainly nothing to complain about but mighty uncomfortable. My hands and fingers are numb all the time now, my feet look like something a Hobbit would find attractive, my legs are swollen now too, I can't sleep well and turning over/getting up to pee is nearly impossible......gosh, I could go on! I have THREE WEEKS of this left. I just want them to come out now. :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page