Slinging twins? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-08-2003, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is this possible? I actually happen to have a couple of slings, so I was wondering how I would manage to do this. I have a very active 16 month old who will be about 20 months when the twins arrive and I'm sure I'll need my hands as free as possible! Are there any sites I could visit to check out directions on how to sling two babies at once?

Thanks!

F.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 10-09-2003, 01:59 AM

www.mayawrap.com

Last time I was there they had video clips and one was about slinging twins.

HTH!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#3 of 6 Old 10-10-2003, 03:16 PM

The New Native carriers work really well for double-slinging. I would just put one baby in (in the cradle hold), then put the other sling over my other shoulder, shift the first baby around sort-of onto my side, and put the second baby in the second sling. It kind of looked like I was wearing saddle-bags.

I loved double-slinging and did it probably 4-5 hours a day, the first few months, mostly while walking/doing errands (I found it hard to do stuff around the house with them both on me). Definitely gets a lot of attention in public!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#4 of 6 Old 10-13-2003, 10:01 PM

I used to put one in a sling on the front and the other in a back pack when they were about to sit up. That worked until they got too heavy. There are actual twin carriers but I never saw anyone use one in person. I never could get the hang of two slings at once, though. It felt awkward and off balance, but maybe that's because I'm too short. I don't know. I would recomend slings with no rings for double slinging, I think.
#5 of 6 Old 10-18-2003, 11:20 PM

I put both my boys in one Maya Wrap for the first month or two. They loved being snuggled up with each other. I just recently got a second one so I can sling both of them again and it works great. It's much easier than trying to sling one and carry the other.
#6 of 6 Old 11-05-2003, 07:24 AM

we did it with two maya wrap pouches for about the first four months.

our babies were born big, however (over 8 pounds each) and it quickly became difficult to do double sling past four months.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page