double outdoor swing?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-15-2008, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone know if a swing is made that may work from my 11 mo old twins. We have two up now, but I thought I would ask if anyone knew of a double. Please let me know.

Tiffany wife of 11 yrs to Karl:, DSD Ariel (16) DSS Kaleb (13) DD Jessika (5) twins Drake and Olivia (2) :and our sweet suprise, Lola (11mo):: two angels Sammy(03/06) and Alex (07/06)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess's Mom View Post
Anyone know if a swing is made that may work from my 11 mo old twins. We have two up now, but I thought I would ask if anyone knew of a double. Please let me know.
I don't know if this is helpful at all, but this pic was taken when my girls were 11 months old, on one of the bucket style swings at a local park.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...Qct2rVqyB7efBA

They actually loved to swing that way for quite a while. Even a few months ago (nearly 2.5 years old) we managed to fit them in for a bit when there was only one swing available. I know they sell this type of swing for home use, though I'm not sure it's exactly the same - the ones I have seen are a little higher in the back than the front, as opposed to the park ones which are the same height all around.

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:32 PM

I was really close to buying one of those (like Betsy described) for my twins, who are now 22 months. They aren't cheap, but they seem to be really nice quality. However, my twins can actually handle the belt swings on our swingset, so I guess we won't need to buy one after all. If my children were your children's ages, I'd probably buy one.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:26 AM

Step 2 used to make one - they are sold on ebay, but kinda pricey now, since they aren't made anymore. We LOVE ours! I actually found one at a thrift for $6, and a couple months ago saw one on Craigslist for $20, so good deals are out there - you can also do a search on ebay by distance, so maybe you could at least save on shipping costs.
Here's the kind we have:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Step-2-Double-2-...QQcmdZViewItem

Here's the other one they made, it's pretty cute!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Step-2-Caterpill...QQcmdZViewItem

I just search "step 2 double swing". Hope that helps!

Mama of 3 amazingly sweet kids jumpers.gif, living the dream on our urban farm chicken3.gif

Old 06-23-2008, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks all! And OGirlieMama, what a cute pic! I have thought about doing that, I guess I should.

Tiffany wife of 11 yrs to Karl:, DSD Ariel (16) DSS Kaleb (13) DD Jessika (5) twins Drake and Olivia (2) :and our sweet suprise, Lola (11mo):: two angels Sammy(03/06) and Alex (07/06)
Old 06-23-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess's Mom View Post
Thanks all! And OGirlieMama, what a cute pic! I have thought about doing that, I guess I should.
Thanks! You really should give it a try, even if you don't buy one - do it at the park. It makes for cute pictures, and a lot of entertainment for all.

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.

User Tag List