Moby wrap - does this work for twins? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-06-2008, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey... when my boys were little, I tried all kinds of ways to be able to carry them both together... all different kinds of wraps... nothing worked. It was always back breaking for more than a couple of seconds or would throw me off balance.

I saw the moby wrap with two on this page: http://www.thegentlenest.com/products8.html

Just wondering if this or anything ever worked for anyone. thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2008, 10:29 PM

I used a maya with my twins, 5 years ago. Then I'd do one in a maya and one in a bjorn :

I used a moby with my youngest for a while, but they're too hot -- too much fabric -- for the summer, imo. At least where I live!

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
Old 07-06-2008, 10:52 PM

Yep! Check out this page - there's at least one mama using a Moby but there's more in wraps as well (just not sure if they're Moby's). There are lots of great twin babywearing setups on that page.

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:58 PM

Yeah, we shopped with both babies in a Moby every time I went out for the first few months. Loved it!

Wife of one and mom of five, including my HBAC twins!
Old 07-07-2008, 12:07 AM

i wore mine together in a moby. it wasn't my favorite wrap, like pp said, too hot and too much fabric, but it got the job done for newborns, affordable too.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:06 AM

Yep, I use my Moby like that but only inside. I'm in Texas. It's frickin HOT out there right now. I just got a cool wrap idea for a woven from a friend to wear one on my back and one on my front and I'm looking for an excuse to use it!
Old 07-07-2008, 02:16 AM - Thread Starter

I think my kids were just extremely fussy and I was just so exhausted ... I had several different wraps and just couldn't make it work ... love the link to the photos though. thanks!
Old 07-07-2008, 02:09 PM

How old are your twins? My back always gave me trouble when wearing more than one until they were big enough that I could leave one on my back for a while. It is much better balanced. Now, I use a Beco on the back and a Mei Tai on the front if I am going to be carrying two for any length of time.

Things get more complicated if I expect that I will be needing to carry the third as well, but that's another conversation.

Kate
mother of Patrick (7/31/03), and Michael, William, and Jocelyn (4/27/07)
Old 07-07-2008, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mine will be three in October, so I'm not really needing to carry them much anymore ... but I'm expecting again ... not due till Feb, but still thinking of things
Old 07-08-2008, 12:23 AM

I wore both of mine in the moby (thank you, 2+twins for the suggestion all those months ago!) when they were about 6 weeks old or so.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h116/klday/moby.png

Catholic Homeschooling mama to DS (6), DD (4), twin DDs (2), DD (7 months), and someone new 7/31/10!
Old 07-08-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Lindsey* View Post
I wore both of mine in the moby (thank you, 2+twins for the suggestion all those months ago!) when they were about 6 weeks old or so.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h116/klday/moby.png
Lindsey, you should add this photo to that gallery page - lmk if you don't already have an account there.

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:30 PM

The Moby was my lifesaver! It did take a while to get used to wrapping it, and figure out putting them in and taking them out alone, but once I mastered it was wonderful. It can be hot to wear so I usually would wear just a tank top underneath. The babies loved it too, I was sad when they got to big to wear together.
http://blufiles.storage.live.com/y1p...QrUpxc970wDzCN
Old 07-15-2008, 06:04 AM

I wore them both in the Moby, but then again mine were winter babies so maybe that's why it wasn't a prob.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:24 AM

I'm wearing my 4 week old twins in the moby right now. It's pretty comfortable although my back is starting to get a little sore after an hour. But my back has been getting sore anyways from carrying them around and this way I can actually get a few things done. They've been impossible to set down lately so this way they're napping and I'm not trapped on the couch. Once they get bigger I will probably switch to the mei tei on the back and the wrap on the front for around the house.

Karen - spouse to dh for 11 years, mama to ds (Nov '02), dd (May '05) and ds and dd (Jun '08)

User Tag List