Mothering Forum banner

Moby wrap - does this work for twins?

16K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  4Marmalade 
#1 ·
Hey... when my boys were little, I tried all kinds of ways to be able to carry them both together... all different kinds of wraps... nothing worked. It was always back breaking for more than a couple of seconds or would throw me off balance.

I saw the moby wrap with two on this page: http://www.thegentlenest.com/products8.html

Just wondering if this or anything ever worked for anyone. thanks!

#2 ·
I used a maya with my twins, 5 years ago. Then I'd do one in a maya and one in a bjorn
:

I used a moby with my youngest for a while, but they're too hot -- too much fabric -- for the summer, imo. At least where I live!

#8 ·
How old are your twins? My back always gave me trouble when wearing more than one until they were big enough that I could leave one on my back for a while. It is much better balanced. Now, I use a Beco on the back and a Mei Tai on the front if I am going to be carrying two for any length of time.

Things get more complicated if I expect that I will be needing to carry the third as well, but that's another conversation.

#14 ·
I'm wearing my 4 week old twins in the moby right now. It's pretty comfortable although my back is starting to get a little sore after an hour. But my back has been getting sore anyways from carrying them around and this way I can actually get a few things done. They've been impossible to set down lately so this way they're napping and I'm not trapped on the couch. Once they get bigger I will probably switch to the mei tei on the back and the wrap on the front for around the house.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.