Moms of B/G twins - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 32 Old 07-20-2008, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't think of our babies as twins, either. In fact, I refer to them as "babies" vs. "twins" most of the time.

For me, it also had to do with not knowing they were twins until the birth (we were quite surprised, to say the least!) So while most people get to think about the whole twin thing for months before the birth, we are still getting our minds around it.

But yeah, I think that they are two very different individuals who happen to share the same birthday...

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 32 Old 07-21-2008, 07:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The responses here are cracking me up!

My son is about 3.5 inches taller and 10lbs heavier than my little girl. He's always been in the 95th percentile for everything, and she prefers to hang out in the 3-5. So, size-wise they are quite different and we very rarely get the stares and comments we used to get when they were infants (they are 2).

The twin bond though, it is AMAZING. They anticipate each other's needs, they have huge vocabularies but do a lot of non-verbal communication, they work together to solve problems or puzzles, they snuggle, they comfort each other when one falls down, they speak for each other, they are so close it makes me get all weepy watching them play. My daughter is 36 minutes older, and it is funny to me how much my son defers to her and follows her lead. She definitely has the bossy older sister personality, she even tries to discipline him!

One kinda cute thing is that my son calls himself a girl. He won't say he's a boy, he's always either a big girl or a big kid. He says "I a big girl like sissy".

SAHM to twin kindergarteners

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page