Mothering Forum banner

Wearing Both

645 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  hergrace 
#1 ·
Anybody worn both babies in a pouch or wrap? That's all I have for now.

I tried them both in the wrap, and they fit but they kept bonking heads (They're 2 weeks.) DS is really hard to carry in anything even by himself because he has a super long neck and wiggles constantly. His head keeps flopping out of whatever I put him in. (He did better when I swaddled him first, though.)

I'd like to make some mei tais eventually (or maybe talk grandma into doing it . . . Christmas is coming . . . ) but it's not going to happen for awhile.

#2 ·
i used to put them in the wrap facing each other, with their cheeks leaning against either side of my chest, to help with the head bonking and i would tuck each head into a wrap rail to keep their heads from flopping. it gets a bit easier as they get older, wearing them together in a wrap. mei tais work fantastic for that age, too. hope you can get some together soon!

#3 ·
I have worn both in my moby wrap from around 4 weeks. I tuck each head on opposite sides but keep them close together so they don't actually bonk. They just rest heads and they're tied pretty tight so they don't move around much. Sometimes I can manage to make one a little bit lower than the other so they fit together better. Good luck!

#4 ·
I wore my newborn twins in two pouch slings, one over each shoulder (video here). I wore my friend's newborn twins together in a single ring sling, and it worked for the first 6 weeks or so, but then they were too big.

Two mei tais is definitely my favorite way to wear twins (one on front, one on the back).

I didn't have a wrap when mine were babies, so no advice there (though I think it sounds like a really cool option, and I'd love to see someone doing that walking down the street!).

Lex

#5 ·
When my twins were newborns I put them both in a Moby or a Kangaroo Pouch. They were pretty little, so they fit together for quite a while. Now I put one on my back in an Ergo and one on the front in a Mai Tai. I bet that two Mai Tai's would work well too.

#6 ·
When they were really little, I would wear two in one pouch sling with their feet together at the bottom of the sling. That stage didn't last for long, though. I can't remember when I moved to two slings for two babies.

#9 ·
My guys all came home from the hospital at about 5 lbs, so it is possible that your kids are already bigger than mine were when I stopped wearing two in one pouch. It wasn't very long before I had to put them in separate slings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.