Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 51 Old 07-31-2008, 12:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencat View Post
- but I would like to celebrate the fact that they are twins.
IKWYM. One of our twins has the middle name "Benedict" and depending which baby name book you read, it has a twin association. While most of the online sources I checked just now say it means "blessed" the book I had said it meant "twin" referring to St. Benedict (who was apparently a twin).

Benedict was one of several middle name choices on our list and the "twin factor" gave it a small edge, although we liked it very much on its own accord. We didn't bother trying, though, to find a "twinny" middle name for his brother.

Six kids, sixth sense, six degrees of separation. . . from sanity!
Not sure that I'm crunchy, but definitely a "tough chew".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 51 Old 07-31-2008, 01:08 AM

Just lurking - I don't have twins - but I absolutely LOVE Harper and Harrison. I'd say go for it!

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06
#33 of 51 Old 07-31-2008, 01:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We did our own version of 'matching' names.

Both DH and I love the poet Dylan Thomas. So that's what we named our boys. Thomas and Dylan. Very few people get it, I'm always surprised at the people who do. None of my ENGLISH MAJOR friends got it!!! But thus far I have had my jiffy lube guy, our favorite water at our favorite Indian place, and a handful of random people on the street get it.
#34 of 51 Old 07-31-2008, 03:18 AM

No. I picked Angus, my husband picked Jocelyn, then middle names were after their grandfathers (both have the same first name, made it a pretty obvious choice) for Angus, & after my grandmother for Jocelyn.
#35 of 51 Old 07-31-2008, 08:58 AM

Nope. Rory and Tiger. Although the fact that Tiger ends in a R and Rory starts with a R makes it nice when I'm calling both of them:

"Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrro ooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee!"

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#36 of 51 Old 07-31-2008, 12:42 PM

Our older children are Mark and Maggie and when we found out we were expecting the third time, we considered another "m" name. But when we found out at 20 weeks that we were having twin boys, we dumped the theme and went with two "c" names: Carter and Cooper.

I usually end up calling them the wrong name and have just started calling all the children Willie...makes life easier!
#37 of 51 Old 07-31-2008, 12:50 PM

We had an unintentional match with all three of our kids' names. Our oldest DD is Hannah. Before our twins were born, we chose several boy and girls names and waited to see which fit best after birth (we opted to not learn their sex until birth). My husband mostly decided which of our top boy names fit which boy and it wasn't until a few weeks later we realized the 'match' of all three kids' names in a traditional Biblical story (Hannah goes to see a priest named Eli for help in having a child. She eventually bears a son, Samuel, who is dedicated to the church.) It took someone else to point out that match to us, however, lol! I'm sure my religion teachers during my 13 years of Lutheran school would be so proud of the attention I paid!

Cindi, mama to Hannah (7/04) :, Eli & Sam (6/06) :
#38 of 51 Old 07-31-2008, 07:46 PM

I don't like the rhyming names myself.....nor do I like the same initials....but that's just me! My kids are Brady, Dylan, Cameron and Kylee. My neice named her twin boys - Jake and Jackson....
#39 of 51 Old 07-31-2008, 08:23 PM

Yes, but they were named when they came to us.

Camryn and Carson were named with a C to stay in theme with their other three siblings.

Since my oldest daughter's name starts with a C and we are adopting the twins and their older sister lives with us as well, it was only fitting that my baby's name start with a C as well. So, Caitlyn it is

Oh, btw my name starts with a C as well

Poor hubby, he is the only one in our house of 7 whose name doesn't begin with a C

Mom to, Cassi,, 25 yo daughter, 4 yo twins, Carson & Camryn 3 yo Caitlyn and my wonderful 14 yo neice, Carlie
#40 of 51 Old 08-01-2008, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Yes. And No.

All my kids have two syllable names with the emphasis on the 2nd syllable. All the girls have a y somewhere. All have gender neutral names. But I don't think the twins match.

Logan-boy
Avery-girl (Some people say her name with 3 syllables, Ah-va-ree, but she prefers two, A-vree)
Meryl-girl twin
Finley-girl twin

Me.  With 1 spouse, 4 kids, 16 chickens, 74 matchbox cars, 968,562+ legos, a dishwasher waiting to be emptied, a washing machine waiting to be filled and a lost cup of tea in the house.

#41 of 51 Old 08-01-2008, 11:23 AM

That is a pet peeve of mine, I cringe when I hear twins called "sherry and terry" or "jerry and larry" (dh's ID aunts & my frat uncles) I have ID girls named Alivea and Kaytlin. Completely different and I love it. I get some funny looks when people find out their names b/c they think they are suppose to have matching names, I guess.

single mommy to identical twin girls (3/06) Non-traditional mama just : through life.
#42 of 51 Old 08-01-2008, 11:44 AM

Not so you'd notice, they don't match. But they do actually match to us, since DD2 is named for DH's grandma, and DS is named for DH's grandpa. Their names are Rachel and James.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
#43 of 51 Old 08-01-2008, 02:39 PM

Nope... I named baby A and my DH named baby B. We did not even tell each other until we both had the boy and girl name we wanted.
#44 of 51 Old 08-01-2008, 06:09 PM

I did not want matching names, just not my style. We picked names just like we would have had they not been twins. DH picked ds name Drake Mitchell and I picked DD Olivia Renee. I wanted to do family names becuase my first dd is named after my greatgrandmother, but we couldn't find b/g names that we both liked so to the baby book we went. I am more into the meaning of the name, so I picked Renee because it means re-birth. I believe that my twins are the re-birth of the two miscarriages that I had. Main idea here, pick somehting that is means something to you, don't focus on the fact that they are twins.

Tiffany wife of 11 yrs to Karl:, DSD Ariel (16) DSS Kaleb (13) DD Jessika (5) twins Drake and Olivia (2) :and our sweet suprise, Lola (11mo):: two angels Sammy(03/06) and Alex (07/06)
#45 of 51 Old 08-02-2008, 09:41 AM

Mine match but in a not matchy matchy sort of way. Shira and Miriam. We wanted Hebrew names for first names and used Faith and Joy middle names to go with Grace for DD1's first name. We wanted the names to be alike in that way but different in sound and meaning.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#46 of 51 Old 08-02-2008, 02:39 PM

We chose Brock David and Bryce Thomas (Thomas means twin). We didn't necessarily have them match, those names just sounded the best w/ our last name. My criteria is a not-so-popular name, but not so unusual no one can pronounce it. Our last name is pretty generic, so I wanted different first names and I also prefer short first names. OUr girls are Lacy Jo and Laina Beth, and they were not named both L's for a reason besides the fact that we just liked those names

BTW, Harper was on my list and I still LOVE it! I think Harrison and Harper are so cute!
#47 of 51 Old 08-02-2008, 04:06 PM

No, mine don't match very well.
#48 of 51 Old 08-02-2008, 04:17 PM

I avoided it as well. It's just not my taste.
My girls are Stella Rose and Evelyn Elizabeth. :

Mama to lovely twin girls 1/08
#49 of 51 Old 08-03-2008, 03:50 AM

We did it so that first names where ones that we liked and second names were after family members. So we have a Raphael Meir (Raphi) and Daniel Reuven (Danny).

: wife to James, MoM to R babyboy.gif and D babyboy.gif  (Aug 2007) and E babygirl.gif (Nov 2009) and Y babyboy.gif (April 2012)

#50 of 51 Old 08-03-2008, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novella View Post
On a practical note, we've noticed this summer that it is fantastically-easier to keep track of the twins at public events when they are wearing identical outfits.
Most often, I dress my twins alike but do their hair differently (they're both girls). One looks better with one ponytail, and the other looks better with two. This was super handy a few weeks ago at a picnic, when one wandered off. I could tell the other adults at the picnic, "She's dressed like this (indicating first twin), but with two ponytails." BTW, my twins aren't identical, but they have similar coloring and size, so people that don't know them well might mix them up. Thankfully, we found her pretty quickly, but it was nice to know that I could give the searchers an easy way to quickly identify her.
#51 of 51 Old 08-03-2008, 09:18 AM

We used matching names. Mine are Colette and Cate (Catherine, if she ever wants to use her full name). I've always loved both of those names, but I would have spelled Cate with a K if she hadn't been a twin.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page