Not finding out the sex with multiples - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 32 Old 09-05-2008, 05:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We found out via CVS very early on (obviously we didn't have the CVS to find out sex - there were other suspected issues, which I was very grateful to find out were not there). But at every. single. sonogram. we had, either at my OB or at the hospital, the doctor asked "Do you know the sexes of these babies?" first. Even my regular OB double-checked every time.

So, since I am not that great at interpreting sonograms, I think we could've kept it a secret from ourselves. But it's funny - all my life I wanted my baby's sex to be a surprise. I wanted to see it for myself when the baby was born. Then we found out it was twins, and my husband and I unanimously agreed that this news was enough surprise for a lifetime, and we wanted to know what we were getting.

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 32 Old 09-06-2008, 12:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I promised my husband when we got PG this time around, that I would, as a gift to him, NOT find out the sex. (I was ADAMANT about finding out with DD#2)

When we found out we were having twins, boy, I hated (at first) that I ever said that! As time went on, though, I was more and more excited. A lot of my friends gave me grief, and said, "How can you NOT find out!!" ... My response to them was, "We were shocked to be having twins ... what more surprises can there be??" I only knew that they were mono/di ... I made the peri tell me that, in order to know if I should be concerned about TTTS, after reading about it here.

I just told the tech during every U/S, growth scan, etc, that we didn't want to know! It was no problem at all.

During delivery, I told my OB that I wanted my husband to be the first to know, then to tell me. He was the one who said, "LOOK, Dianna!", to which, I said, "Oh thank God! It's a boy!" I knew I had another boy coming, and was TOO excited! It was WAY fun!!

Catholic homeschooling mom of 5 - a teenager, a kindergartener, twin boys and a tiny princess. Follow the Adventures! 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page