Let me try this again, Hi, my name is Lisa - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 40 Old 09-15-2008, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And I have 32 month old twin boys named David and Greg. These little monkeys are the youngest of five. My oldest is a 10 year daughter named Jane followed by my 7 year old daughter Kate and my 4 year old son Ean.

I'm married to my husband of 13 years Kent. We live in Idaho, I scrapbook, make rag dolls, tie dye, quilt, can goodies from the yard and do whatever else I can fit in.

I was hoping to meet and discuss challenges with raising multiples, cause it is a bit different then raising my singletons.

I love meeting other twin moms.

Lisa

(and I meant from my title, what I meant as a sort of introduction morphed into a huge birthing choice ~and everything else~ discussion. So a clean slate, maybe?)
#2 of 40 Old 09-15-2008, 11:07 AM

Howdy!

My twins are 8 weeks old as of yesterday. And I'm a home canner, too, but not this year! Last night, I did peel & seed a bunch of tomatoes to make & freeze tomato soup today, though.
#3 of 40 Old 09-15-2008, 11:55 AM

Hi Lisa :

I desperately want to quilt and am awaiting the joys of the reality of twins hopefully sometime in November...

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

#4 of 40 Old 09-15-2008, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyC View Post
Howdy!

My twins are 8 weeks old as of yesterday. And I'm a home canner, too, but not this year! Last night, I did peel & seed a bunch of tomatoes to make & freeze tomato soup today, though.
Hmmm homemade tomato soup. *drool*

I canned grape jelly from our grapes in the backyard last week. This stuff is heavenly.

I can barely remember life when my guys were eight weeks. It was all such a blur, lol.
#5 of 40 Old 09-15-2008, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shukr View Post
Hi Lisa :

I desperately want to quilt and am awaiting the joys of the reality of twins hopefully sometime in November...

<3 Twins are a joy. Children are a joy. You're almost there!

I started quilting before any of my boys were born. I had more time then. lol
#6 of 40 Old 09-15-2008, 01:05 PM

Hello! Christy, mom of 5 (11, *8* as of yesterday, 6, and 16 month old twins). I'm in school now to become an RN and hope to start school to become a CNM sometime in the next five years.

I scrapbook, sometimes make homemade pickles (as much canning as I've ever done), crochet, sew a little, knit a little, write sometimes, and run a natural parenting shop online (and it will open a local retail location in a few weeks! yahoo!). I'm in the process of getting accredited as a LLL leader since we don't have a LLL in my town, and will probably finish my certification as a doula sometime this fall. We homeschooled up until this year, and my 3 oldest are currently in public schools.

Anyway, that's us.

OH, and I made TWO quilt squares a few years back and turned them into insets for couch pillows. It was way more detail than I ever want to do again!

Wife of one and mom of five, including my HBAC twins!
#7 of 40 Old 09-15-2008, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
OH, and I made TWO quilt squares a few years back and turned them into insets for couch pillows. It was way more detail than I ever want to do again!
lol!
#8 of 40 Old 09-15-2008, 02:15 PM

Howdy! I'm Chantel, hassled mama to a six pack. Gabe is 6, Hannah is almost 5, Noah is 3, Isabella is a darling, evil 21 month old, and twins Claire and Ben will be 4 months old on the 21st. I keep a blog for them in my sig. Nice to meet you!
#9 of 40 Old 09-15-2008, 02:40 PM

Hi! I'm Kara. My girls are 4 months old now ::

I don't knit, I used to crochet, and my sewing machine broke about 7 years ago.

I would love to learn to can foods, though!!!

Mama to twin girls Adele and Nadia, born 5/2008
#10 of 40 Old 09-15-2008, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Canning foods is fun and homemade applesauce will spoil you, you'll never like store bought again. At least it's spoiled me. lol
#11 of 40 Old 09-15-2008, 09:22 PM

Some posts have been removed from this thread (and one post was edited) due to the fact that they were referencing another thread. Doing so is a violation of our User Agreement.

If you wish to discuss another thread, you may use the private message system.

Thanks!

Lex (moderator)

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#12 of 40 Old 09-15-2008, 10:07 PM

Hi Lisa, my name is Christy. My husdand, Eric and I will be married for 10 years this year! We have 6 children, their ages are in my sig, and id twins due in Jan/Feb. Currently we live in Australia, but will be moving to Oklahoma next year!

I would love to quilt. I have heaps and heaps of clothes (all my kids handy-me downs) that I am saving to eventually "one" day make a quilt for each of them. Im secretly hoping to find an old grandma that would love to do it for me!! I just cant imagine ever having the time to make 8 quilts!!

wife mum. dd(12) , dd(10) , dd(8) , ds(7) , dd(4), ds(2) , dd's(9mths) !
#13 of 40 Old 09-15-2008, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

Christy, I made quilts out of my dad's dress shirts after he died. It was a wonderful keepsake for our family members. I do need to do quilts for my boys. I've done the girls, so two down, three to go.
#14 of 40 Old 09-15-2008, 10:38 PM

Wow! You amaze me! I had started cutting them up. Cutting off the ends and saving buttons, but I couldnt even keep up with that! How do you do it with 5 kids?? How did you learn? I will only have 3 more than you and I feel so overwelmed thinking of having twins. I just dont know how to get everything done in one day and have energy. Between, 8 kids, BF, the house and homeschooling, when would I ever have time??

Sorry I didnt mean to make this a quilting thread...

wife mum. dd(12) , dd(10) , dd(8) , ds(7) , dd(4), ds(2) , dd's(9mths) !
#15 of 40 Old 09-16-2008, 01:06 AM

Hey there, I'm Elizabeth, mama to a darling dervish of a 4 year old, and 5 month old twins. I recently wrote the "I'm going crazy" post, as there are moments that I think I am possibly, truly, going crazy
I'm a massage therapist and way back when I was an actress. I love to travel, but have put that on hold for the next twenty years
I wish I could say that I quilt, or craft, or sew, but I don't. I am learning to cook, though, and garden, and also hope to someday learn to can.
I love the mamas on this board, and I welcome you!
#16 of 40 Old 09-16-2008, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Mom2thhts~ View Post
Wow! You amaze me! I had started cutting them up. Cutting off the ends and saving buttons, but I couldnt even keep up with that! How do you do it with 5 kids?? How did you learn? I will only have 3 more than you and I feel so overwelmed thinking of having twins. I just dont know how to get everything done in one day and have energy. Between, 8 kids, BF, the house and homeschooling, when would I ever have time??

Sorry I didnt mean to make this a quilting thread...
I don't homeschool, that makes a big difference in time! I thought about homeschooling but when my eldest was three, her speech was horrid. She had no grammar or syntax, she inserted jargon in her sentences. It was BAD. I figured out I was in over my head and all my kids have needed speech and special help in various things. So I'm in awe of you homeschooling your whole brood!

Don't apologize for quilt talk, lol. I love quilt talk.
#17 of 40 Old 09-16-2008, 02:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaeliz View Post
Hey there, I'm Elizabeth, mama to a darling dervish of a 4 year old, and 5 month old twins. I recently wrote the "I'm going crazy" post, as there are moments that I think I am possibly, truly, going crazy
I'm a massage therapist and way back when I was an actress. I love to travel, but have put that on hold for the next twenty years
I wish I could say that I quilt, or craft, or sew, but I don't. I am learning to cook, though, and garden, and also hope to someday learn to can.
I love the mamas on this board, and I welcome you!

Thank you so much for the welcome Elizabeth. I really appreciate it!
#18 of 40 Old 09-16-2008, 12:32 PM

I'm Michelle. I have 26 month old twin girls (fraternal). I homeschool my two older boys (7 & 5 years old). I do a touch of canning (this year's total is just 14 jars of diced tomatoes), with a little jam making (usually freezer jam) and other freezing as well. I don't really quilt, but I like to sew clothing (an occasional piece that I really enjoy). I once put together a bedspread from a Thomas the Tank Engine panel and some simple piecing along the edges, which I quilted to a piece of fleece, but I'm not really a quilter as such. I love to cook, read, and speak French as well (though I haven't really had the occasion to speak French in ages).
#19 of 40 Old 09-16-2008, 01:11 PM

i'm andrea (aja for short). i have a 3 year old boy, a 2 year old girl, and i'm 14 weeks pregnant with twins. i'm a sahm (though we don't stay home nearly as much as i'd like haha). i like to crochet and sew and do digital scrapbooking but i don't have time for much of any of it recently.

Mama to Jet 6/05, Marvel 8/06 and Cash and Fox 2/09
Expecting Ada Marianne 11/14
#20 of 40 Old 09-16-2008, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja-belly View Post
i'm andrea (aja for short). i have a 3 year old boy, a 2 year old girl, and i'm 14 weeks pregnant with twins. i'm a sahm (though we don't stay home nearly as much as i'd like haha). i like to crochet and sew and do digital scrapbooking but i don't have time for much of any of it recently.

Oh wow, you're just at the point where the belly really starts to grow. How FUN!

Nice to meet you aja.
#21 of 40 Old 09-16-2008, 01:29 PM

Hi Lisa! I'm Betsy, also the mom of 32-month old twins, but mine are girls. I used to knit. Haven't done that since they left the NICU, though. Welcome to MDC!

Betsy, mama to beautiful, strong MZ twins Lillian and Kate, born 11 weeks early on January 10, 2006.
#22 of 40 Old 09-16-2008, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellyn View Post
I'm Michelle. I have 26 month old twin girls (fraternal). I homeschool my two older boys (7 & 5 years old). I do a touch of canning (this year's total is just 14 jars of diced tomatoes), with a little jam making (usually freezer jam) and other freezing as well. I don't really quilt, but I like to sew clothing (an occasional piece that I really enjoy). I once put together a bedspread from a Thomas the Tank Engine panel and some simple piecing along the edges, which I quilted to a piece of fleece, but I'm not really a quilter as such. I love to cook, read, and speak French as well (though I haven't really had the occasion to speak French in ages).

Hmmm, I took three years of French in high school. I can count to ten... lol I use to be fluent in Swedish but not many Swedish speakers live in my corner of Idaho.

Nice to meet you!!
#23 of 40 Old 09-16-2008, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGirlieMama View Post
Hi Lisa! I'm Betsy, also the mom of 32-month old twins, but mine are girls. I used to knit. Haven't done that since they left the NICU, though. Welcome to MDC!

More 32 monthers! When were your girls born and how far along were you when they were born? (if you don't mind me asking)

My guys were born 12/21/05, so I guess they're pretty close to 33 months old(eep!) I was 32 weeks along and my due date was 2/14/06.

Really nice to meet you Betsy!
#24 of 40 Old 09-16-2008, 05:17 PM

Hi Lisa! I'm Angie, mom to 5 boys! My oldest is 12, he's in 7th grade. I also have a 10 year old (5th grade), 8 year old (3rd grade), and 17 month old twins. I'm really lucky to be able to stay home with them, but in my former life I was a therapist, working mostly with adolescents and adults with mental illness and chemical dependency. Now I get to use my skills on my family!!

Before I got pregnant with the twins I had completed one quilt and was working on two. Needless to say I haven't sewn for the past two years- except to hem a pair of pants! I would love to see pictures of your quilts!! Someday I'll get to quilt again.......

I LOVE MDC.... I could waist away nap time reading but I must get my house semi-picked up before the tornados come through again!!
#25 of 40 Old 09-16-2008, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Angie!

I also have a fifth grader, but she's my oldest. She was in Resource room until the start of this year when she tested out of special ed. It's a nail biting year as she adjusts and hopefully copes with the transition to full time classroom.

I will admit, I haven't quilted nearly as much as I'd like to since the little boys were born. They're a busy crew my little men!
#26 of 40 Old 09-16-2008, 05:36 PM

Oh, man!! I would much rather talk than clean my darn kitchen!!

I totally hear you about school issues! We're in the middle of deciding what modifications need to be made for our 8 year old. It seems never ending sometimes!! How is the transition going for her so far? It seems that kids have an easier time adjusting than the parents! I am always trying to foresee possible issues and they usually never develop into anything. Do I understand you have 5 kids too?

Off to nurse my LO back to sleep!!! I guess my time is up!!
#27 of 40 Old 09-16-2008, 05:43 PM

i don't have multiples, but i live in idaho too
where are you?

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
#28 of 40 Old 09-16-2008, 07:00 PM

Hi again Lisa, I'm Erika, mom of MZ 5yo boys, a 3yo girl, and an almost-1yo girl. I have always wanted to quilt. I'm not even sure where to start. I do have a little more time on my hands now that the boys are in school and my older daughter is in preschool. I want to find something to do that allows me to avoid cleaning the house!

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#29 of 40 Old 09-17-2008, 12:14 AM

Hi Lisa -- I'm Jill. I have 3-1/2 year old twins, so I guess that makes them 42 months old. They're DZ twins. I also have an 8 month old baby. I love getting to parent one baby this time, but feel sad that he has no twin when I see how much he enjoys other babies & how much my girls enjoy each other. I don't quilt, but my Mom & sister do so my girls have a beautiful quilt and so does the baby. I knit & went on a knitting binge when I was pregnant, but haven't knitted since the baby was born. I want to can next season, but this past August, I dehydrated our backyard pears instead. Very good, but they don't last long around here -- get gobbled up quickly as snacks.

Oh, and I used to be a child psychologist in my life pre-twins. Now I stay home full-time and am not sure when, if ever, I'll return to working.

SAHM to F & P, : fraternal twins born 3/05, : I, born 12/07 & at 5 weeks in July 2009
#30 of 40 Old 09-17-2008, 02:44 PM

Welcome! This board has been a life saver for me.

My name is Shuli, I work from home, I have been married to James for 2.5 years and we have 13 month old cutie pies . They look nothing alike, but won't do anything without the other. They are sometimes referred to as the "destructive duo" and there are so many closed doors in our house we sometimes wonder why we bought a house with so many rooms

They were home with me for the past year and have just started at a private day care up the street a few weeks ago - which I am really happy about because they were soooo bored at home.

I have one little spiderman who thinks that he can scale walls and has almost learned to climb over the security gate to the kitchen. His older brother is a little quieter, but you gotta watch out for those - when he feels that I am not spending enough time with them and I need to stop working and play, he sneaks up behind me and turns off the computer. : I know, it's cute up to a point. Sigh.

I crochet and made two blankets and did a puzzle while I was on maternity leave. I started keeping a journal when I found out I was pregnant, and try and write something every day or so annectdoting their cute moments. I have even put in cute pictures. I haven't crocheted since, but I did manage to finish the blankets before the boys were born. I don't quilt, I know how to sew a button, but that's about it.

We hope that we can be a wonderful resource for you, and you can impart some of your wisdom on us "newbies"

: wife to James, MoM to R babyboy.gif and D babyboy.gif  (Aug 2007) and E babygirl.gif (Nov 2009) and Y babyboy.gif (April 2012)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page